Kimber Solo

sbubrick

I have been looking for a Kimber Solo. Anyone have any feedback on this gun!

I've checked them out several times and love how they feel in the hand. Someday I'll pick one up. Preferably the CDP version with Crimson Trace grips.

Yeah I really liked the feel of the gun, plus I like the fact that for a "pocket gun" it is a 6 shot 9mm :) I went to get either the solo or the sig p238 just this past week. if you do a search you will find that both guns are almost a mirror of each other sizes & weight except of course the 9mm / .380 ... Anyway the gun store only had the solo with laser $1200.00 I really like Kimber & the solo but I picked up the sig for $499 that's a huge difference and sig makes a great gun also. You can't go wrong with the Solo if you got the $ to burn

I've posted this elsewhere, but will "re-testify" here.

My range-buddy loves Kimbers. He ordered the Solo last spring and waited eight weeks for delivery. So far, it's been back to Kimber three times and has yet to fire a complete magazine. Having seen the Solo in action and having fired it myself, you couldn't pay me to own one.

IMHO, the saving-grace of owning one is that you won't have to spend much on ammunition.

I've read great reviews on it and also many like Lowjibers. Not the norm from Kimber. I pick mine up tomorrow after 4 months on the waiting list. Can't get to the range till next week but will post how it performs afterwards

Kimber Solo Range Results

Picked up my new Solo Stainless, cleaned, oiled and took it to the range. Below are the types of ammo used and results.

-Federal 124gr Hydra Shok JHP: 80 rounds with no problems at all.
-Federal 135gr Low Recoil Hydra Shok: 40 rounds with no problems at all.
-Rem. 124gr Golden Saber JHP: 75 rounds with no problems at all.
-Federal American Eagle 124gr FMJ (range ammo): 50 rounds with no problem.
-Remington UMC 115gr (which Kimber says not to use) FMJ: 49 rounds with no problem, purposely limp wristed one round and the case did not eject.

The gun store I bought it from said that they have sold 15 Solos and one had to be sent back to Kimber. The other 14 didn't.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back