Keltec pf9 or 11 anyone?

bikerboy

NRA Member
Hey y'all does anyone own either of these keltecs? If so how are they and I'm looking
to buy one for my summer ccw in 9mm.

I have a PF-9, P-11, P-40 and a P-11 with the 357 SIG conversion. They are great firearms and Kel-Tec's customer service is outstanding. The difference between the PF-9 and the P-11 is the PF-9 is a little thinner and is a single stack vs a double stack. For CC the PF-9 is a little easier to conceal and I preferred to carry it over my P-11's. The trigger pull is a little heavy but that's good for CC. For the price, functionality and customer service you can't beat Kel-Tec.

I've had my PF-9 for quite a while. I really like this little 9. I have fired around 600 rds through it without a single problem. It is really easy to conceal - in a pocket, belt holster, or an IWB. Also works great in an ancle rig.

I have had a P-11 for many years and have never had so much as a hiccup out of it. Back when they made the P-40 (40 S&W) I bought one. 40 cal was a bit much for the little gun. It had to be sent off for repairs, however the P-11 and P-32 have been super. By the way, when I sent to P-40 to Kel-Tec for repairs there was no charge for anything and the pistol was back to me within 2 weeks.

Kel-Tec has since stopped making the 40 cal version which, in my opinion, was a good thing.

I would not hesitate to by another P-11.

The problem with the P-40 was people couldn't shoot them properly. They are a nasty little firearm that requires the shooter to lock their wrist each and every round. Limp-wristing caused the shooters to have all kinds of malfunctions. When I shoot mine I have to make a conscious effort to keep my wrist locked. My P11-357sig is just as bad!

see KTOG.ORG for some very good info on these firearms. For instance, includes info on how the PF9 has evolved mechanically, so you can make an educated purchase. It will help keep you from having to return the gun to factory for the latest upgrades.

FYI, own the PF9 and very satisfied. Have a small profile Armalaser RSS on it due to aging eyes. Can shoot without the glasses on, but not as accurate. 2-3 inchs versus almost in same hole.

I was looking at buying the PF9 but my dealer said they were back ordered. Tried for several months to acquire one but no luck. I finally bought a SCCY 9mm. The gun had functioned perfectly. After about 300 rounds, the firing pin broke. They have a life time warranty from the factory so I sent it off to be repaired. Got it back 3 weeks later with two extra mag's for my trouble.

I've been looking at small handguns for CC, and the P-11 is definitely on my short list. I'm just not sure if I want to go DAO or DA/SA.

May I recommend a similar frame size in a Ruger? The LCP is a .380 auto (bigger slug than 9mm), and the cost is a little lower than the Kel Tec.

Ruger LCP Centerfire Pistol

My two cents.

The LCP is a copy of the Kel-Tec P-3AT. 380 auto is not bigger than a 9MM it's basically a 9MM short with lower velocity and energy. The LCP cost around $100 more than a P-3AT.

I've had a P11 for over 10 years. Never had a problem with it. I'm a bigger guy, so its double stack is not a problem. Which is what I love about it. 10+1 in that small a package. I tend to sweat a lot, but I've never had any rust or anything pop up on it. Easy to field strip with either a strong finger nail, or a round. I would love to get another one. Never had a problem with it. Have put about 500 ronds thru it.

The LCP is a copy of the Kel-Tec P-3AT. 380 auto is not bigger than a 9MM it's basically a 9MM short with lower velocity and energy. The LCP cost around $100 more than a P-3AT.

I concede. Wasn't even aware the P-3AT even existed. And I own a Kel-Tec. Good call.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back