Kayaking with conceal carry on the Potomac?

coachdb18

Does anyone know what the dividing lines are to allow conceal carry while kayaking on the Potomac? I have a NC CCW, which is honored in Virginia, but DC is Marxist territory. Am I OK on the water in this case, as long as I don't make landfall on their commie country? Also, who owns the bridges, and there are a number of islands as well (Roosevelt Island comes to mind). I enjoy kayaking, and the Potomac is a nice venture, but I also kayak camp, and feel that I should be able to carry in this case, but want to make sure I'm not taken prisoner...

Ole Ned Beatty wouldnt have been squealing if he was carrying.

OP, travel a little further to WV and hit the south fork or the Potomac. More beautiful an we feel you actually have a right to bear arms.

I used to do a lot of Duck hunting in this area. Upstream of DC all of the river belongs to Maryland. Downstream of DC all of the river, with the exception of inlets, also belongs to Maryland. I do not know for sure about the short span though DC but since the majority of the river does not fall within Virgina, I would expect the same is true through DC. I do not believe that your concealed carry permit will be valid on any portion of the Potomac.

All of the Potomac up to the shoreline is in DC. Don't even think about trying it unless you want jail time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back