Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...errrr...your car...

JimTh

Banned
I bet some of ya thought Boston was the end of the police state...think again. This little incident took place less than 15 miles from the White House. No eidelon stungun and others...this is not tin foil hat stuff...okay? This was not shown on the local news either. If they do this to the citizens trying to catch a bank robber guess what they will do to you if it is a really bad guy!

Link Removed

So pop the trunk. What's the big deal? Contribute. Help find the thieving bastards.

I don't have a trunk. I drive an SUV. No way will I open my vehicle voluntarily at gunpoint, and unless the cop ordering me to do so informs me that I fit the description of the suspect(s), or my vehicle fits the description of their vehicle, then they have no probable cause, or reasonable suspicion to base those orders on.

"Help" them violate my rights? Pffft. Good grief.

Blues

So pop the trunk. What's the big deal? Contribute. Help find the thieving bastards.

You clearly don't get it because you are most likely one of those non thieving bastards in a "brown shirt". I tell ya what...if the bad guys are hiding out in my trunk I will tell the "enforcers" otherwise leave me the hell alone. As a matter of fact I think one of the bad guys crawled up your a s s. How about bending over and spreading those cheeks. If there aint no bad guy up there I am sure your head will still fit.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
That's the big deal.

You clearly don't get it because you are most likely one of those non thieving bastards in a "brown shirt". I tell ya what...if the bad guys are hiding out in my trunk I will tell the "enforcers" otherwise leave me the hell alone. As a matter of fact I think one of the bad guys crawled up your a s s. How about bending over and spreading those cheeks. If there aint no bad guy up there I am sure your head will still fit.
You again? I forgot. You're that foul-mouthed guy. Nice language. Perhaps someone should look more closely at these violations of forum rules.
There are women on this forum. Have some damn respect for them. Curb the filth.
If you have an opinion give it. If you want to write that crap then go hump someone else's leg.

I don't have a trunk. I drive an SUV. No way will I open my vehicle voluntarily at gunpoint, and unless the cop ordering me to do so informs me that I fit the description of the suspect(s), or my vehicle fits the description of their vehicle, then they have no probable cause, or reasonable suspicion to base those orders on.

"Help" them violate my rights? Pffft. Good grief.

Blues
If you allow them to look your rights weren't violated. If you say "no" and they look anyway then your rights are violated. Big difference. I have no problem voluntarily helping them. But if I don't want to help, then no means no.

There is no difference between men & women when it comes to morality today, period. If there's any filth to be curbed it should be out of respect for everyone.

You again? I forgot. You're that foul-mouthed guy. Nice language. Perhaps someone should look more closely at these violations of forum rules.
If you have an opinion give it. If you want to write that crap then go hump someone else's leg.

I got a better idea...you can kiss my a s s. If that offends the little girl in you just go play with your barbies!

Open up your home so the police can walk in and check it any time they want. Fourth Amendment says they have to have a warrant. We had this sort of problem with the Citrus Canker folks. They got a warrant for a whole county. Another judge put a stop to it as the Constitution is very specific in what they have to do.
U.S. Constitution › Fourth Amendment
Fourth Amendment
Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
"effects" and "places" means cars too.

You guys are making a huge leap. There's a difference between helping him and being harassed by him. I would do anything to help if there's a dangerous person around. That's not giving up my rights. Wouldn't it be a hoot if he was hiding under the tarp in the back of my truck. :eek:
If the perp had your daughter in her car would you want the cop to ask her if he could search? Sort of puts it in another light. Think it couldn't happen? I once thought that way too. Experience taught me anything can happen.

You guys are making a huge leap. There's a difference between helping him and being harassed by him. I would do anything to help if there's a dangerous person around. That's not giving up my rights. Wouldn't it be a hoot if he was hiding under the tarp in the back of my truck. :eek:

The back of your truck is different than the inside of your car. If I were driving a truck, I would not try to stop them from peering over into the bed. I'm not even sure I'd have a legal basis from which to object, as it's in public view.

It's amazing to me that you see cops in large numbers going car-to-car on a road-blocked freeway with M4's and shotguns at the low-ready position demanding to search your car as just the good and always-helpful squad of Officers Friendly "asking" you for your help. Gunpoint is always, every single time, coercion. You want my help? All ya gotta do is ask....nicely. You pull a weapon on me when I haven't done anything to provoke it, and could no more be confused for 3 young black perps than a plastic water bottle, you have disqualified yourself to be worthy of my voluntary help.

The only thing that makes this even a slightly tough call is that the perps were actually there in the vicinity, and the cops did apprehend them without anyone getting hurt. That's nice, but it's no different than Watertown where hundreds of LEO's locked down a whole neighborhood, ordered businesses closed, ordered people out of their homes while they illegally made entry without homeowners even there to supervise what was going on. Much of that done at gunpoint too. How you can't see that all the guns makes a world of difference between "helping" them and having your rights completely trampled by them is a mystery to me. I know what other people think doesn't have much bearing on what you think, but look around, you're alone on this one.

If the perp had your daughter in her car would you want the cop to ask her if he could search? Sort of puts it in another light. Think it couldn't happen? I once thought that way too. Experience taught me anything can happen.

I'm as empathetic to your history of being a crime victim as anyone on this planet, BC, but the fact is in this situation, the perps didn't "have" anybody. I'm guessing they had a helicopter on 'em, or had street-level surveillance from the bank to the freeway on-ramp and knew the car was occupied only three times, and must've known it was in the group of cars they managed to corral with the road-block. How would you feel if you had a daughter driving the car right next to the perps when traffic came to a stand-still? Maybe a grandbaby or two in the car with her, and when the guys realize what's happening, they take your baby girl hostage along with her kids? Would you tell your daughter that that's how we "help" the police, by volunteering ourselves to be human shields?

We could come up with an infinite number of scenarios that could have happened, but what did happen is what did happen, three perps' rights and lives were protected while hundreds of innocent citizens' rights and lives were trampled and under threat.

You want to help them violate your rights, have at it, but don't ask me to, and don't ask me to understand why anyone else would. I simply don't understand.

Blues

The back of your truck is different than the inside of your car. If I were driving a truck, I would not try to stop them from peering over into the bed. I'm not even sure I'd have a legal basis from which to object, as it's in public view.

It's amazing to me that you see cops in large numbers going car-to-car on a road-blocked freeway with M4's and shotguns at the low-ready position demanding to search your car as just the good and always-helpful squad of Officers Friendly "asking" you for your help. Gunpoint is always, every single time, coercion. You want my help? All ya gotta do is ask....nicely. You pull a weapon on me when I haven't done anything to provoke it, and could no more be confused for 3 young black perps than a plastic water bottle, you have disqualified yourself to be worthy of my voluntary help.

The only thing that makes this even a slightly tough call is that the perps were actually there in the vicinity, and the cops did apprehend them without anyone getting hurt. That's nice, but it's no different than Watertown where hundreds of LEO's locked down a whole neighborhood, ordered businesses closed, ordered people out of their homes while they illegally made entry without homeowners even there to supervise what was going on. Much of that done at gunpoint too. How you can't see that all the guns makes a world of difference between "helping" them and having your rights completely trampled by them is a mystery to me. I know what other people think doesn't have much bearing on what you think, but look around, you're alone on this one.

I'm as empathetic to your history of being a crime victim as anyone on this planet, BC, but the fact is in this situation, the perps didn't "have" anybody. I'm guessing they had a helicopter on 'em, or had street-level surveillance from the bank to the freeway on-ramp and knew the car was occupied only three times, and must've known it was in the group of cars they managed to corral with the road-block. How would you feel if you had a daughter driving the car right next to the perps when traffic came to a stand-still? Maybe a grandbaby or two in the car with her, and when the guys realize what's happening, they take your baby girl hostage along with her kids? Would you tell your daughter that that's how we "help" the police, by volunteering ourselves to be human shields?

We could come up with an infinite number of scenarios that could have happened, but what did happen is what did happen, three perps' rights and lives were protected while hundreds of innocent citizens' rights and lives were trampled and under threat.

You want to help them violate your rights, have at it, but don't ask me to, and don't ask me to understand why anyone else would. I simply don't understand.

Blues
Then back of my truck has a cover. It has to be unlocked. They don't violate your rights by asking and getting consent. If you say no and they do it anyway they've violated your rights.

Then back of my truck has a cover. It has to be unlocked. They don't violate your rights by asking and getting consent. If you say no and they do it anyway they've violated your rights.
They weren't asking. They were telling, assuming the reporting is to be believed. Knowing Maryland, it probably is.

Nobody "asks" at gunpoint, and only slaves "volunteer" their help at gunpoint.

As confident and steadfast as you are as a leader in business, you are exposing a slave-like mentality when it comes to your subservience to the state. The absolute best you can do at gunpoint is survive an illegal search. Under no rational evaluation of this situation could anyone on that freeway be seen as a free citizen just doing his/her civic duty by "voluntarily helping" the cops.

And why do you not address the enormous amount of danger the cops put everyone else on that freeway in by corralling three known armed suspects in close proximity to hundreds of 100% innocent citizens? You can't honestly believe that the cops are good enough shots to avoid hitting innocents if one (or more) of the perps decided to go out in a blaze of glory, can you?

Blues

Blues, I too saw a terrible outcome while viewing the videos if those suspect decided to resist, just in collateral damage from gun fire, not to mention the consideration of taking hostages for a blaze of glory finale.
~
The reporter state the police decided on a bold move to capture the suspects, but what consideration was made in keeping the public safe during this operation. NONE
~
This situation turned out well, it could have been horrific had one of "if" scenarios gone terribly wrong.
~
In simpler words LE won the lottery with their move. No other way to look at it IMO.

Ask politely and you might get. Demand and you get nothing without a warrant. There was no probable cause in the case of 99% of the people stopped.

Several years ago I was stopped, they were looking for a robber in a black pickup, had gun pointed at me. For those of you who think giving race out is raciest, they were looking for a black man in a black pickup. Not me, you want to look in my truck on a roadblock check have a LEGAL reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back