Just submitted my applications!

SPXD9

Keith
So I just submitted my applications for an Oregon Resident Concealed Handgun License and a Washington Non-resident Concealed Pistol License. In Oregon the law says they have 45 days to issue, however the nice gentleman at the sheriff's office told me they are running about 3 weeks. In Washington, because I am a non-resident, they have 60 days to issue and didn't give me any idea how long it will take. Don't know of any reason there should be any problems, so now I just have to play the waiting game. I will say that the process in both states was really easy! I will keep you all advised as to progress made. By the way, thanks for letting me hang around here with you all! I kinda like this place!

Keith

So I just submitted my applications for an Oregon Resident Concealed Handgun License and a Washington Non-resident Concealed Pistol License. In Oregon the law says they have 45 days to issue, however the nice gentleman at the sheriff's office told me they are running about 3 weeks. In Washington, because I am a non-resident, they have 60 days to issue and didn't give me any idea how long it will take. Don't know of any reason there should be any problems, so now I just have to play the waiting game. I will say that the process in both states was really easy! I will keep you all advised as to progress made. By the way, thanks for letting me hang around here with you all! I kinda like this place!

Keith

The place kinda grows on ya... You'll be at the mail box every day for the next month.:laugh:

Keep 'em in the 10 ring..

Peace...

Hooray! I applied for mine and received it (out of state) less than two weeks after I had my appointment. I agree about getting the Utah permit, but WA is easy to get (if you're not a criminal) and the Utah classes around spokane fill up fast!! Maybe they're easier to get into other places in town.

I went with OR and WA mostly because I am relatively close to the border and tend to travel in both states. I agree the Utah is better, but I am not likely to travel anywhere that one or the other of these wont be accepted. Mostly I'll just be happy to have them so that I will be able to carry when I want. Unfortunately I work for a company that will not allow me to carry while I am working or in a company owned vehicle. That leaves evenings and weekends and vacations, until something changes. :)

Keith

Keith

Welcome to the group. And a special hello from a fellow Oregonian! :yu: Your Wa permit should arrive fairly soon. I applied for my WA non- res permit from Benton Co. and received it 17 days later. Not bad at all. My PA non- res permit only took 9 days to arrive. I was looking into the Utah permit but I only found one local instructor and he required a minimum of 6 people before we would put on a class, so I opted for the WA and PA permits instead..... I guess I need to find more friends that carry.:sarcastic:

And I agree with 6shootercarry that this place grows on ya. It’s a good group to be a part of.

I am going to be relocating to Kentucky later this year. The nice thing about having the Oregon CCW is that I can carry in Kentucky for the first 6 months I live there since Kentucky recognized Oregon's CCW. With the Utah CCW I will be able to carry all the way across the country with the exception of 2 states. Down here in Salem there are several places to get the Utah CCW. in Kentucky even with my Oregon and Utah CCW I can carry with out any problem and everywhere else I might go to in the south. Kentucky is also an open carry state unlike here in Oregon were I live at

Oregon CHL arrived in the mail today!!! Only 16 days after I applied for it! Still waiting for the WA CPL to get here. Just thought I'd keep you all up to date. I'll let you know when the WA gets here. Pretty happy considering all the posts I have seen about the long periods of time folks in other parts of the country have to wait.

Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back