Just Put up the trail cam...

Threw it up last night. Not sure if it will show anything, but I am very curious to see if it does. This is my first time using one of these. Good ammount of tracks and spore so hopefully it goes well. If not, oh well was fun. Anyone have good luck using cams?

-Capo-

Not me personally, but everyone I know that uses one catches all sorts of animals on them.

Just got one but have not put it up yet. Got it to catch a thief but will use it on game afterwards--that is if I am not in jail for "buford purser"ing (walking tall) the perp.

Just got one but have not put it up yet. Got it to catch a thief but will use it on game afterwards--that is if I am not in jail for "buford purser"ing (walking tall) the perp.
You may wish to put your game cam in stealth mode. The "thief" may walk off with your cam.

I was thinking that these types of cameras could be used as a cheap way to monitor against a theif. I am going to leave it out there for about a week to see what it captures and also to see if the angel is right and so on. I think I have it in a good spot, this is definatly the area I want to hunt, so it will tell me if its a good pick.

-Capo-

Trail Cams are great... But have had a couple stolen thanks to poachers driving around our property at night and seeing the flash go off.

Trail Cams are great... But have had a couple stolen thanks to poachers driving around our property at night and seeing the flash go off.

I hear that happens alot. I bought a bracket that locks to the tree, we will see how that does. If someone wants it bad enough, the lock won't stop them. I can't wait to see what comes up (if anything) on this camera.

Just an update. Checked the cam on Saturday (left it up for 5 days). Had a picture of a doe on there, not bad for my first time using one of these things. Lots of droppings in this area so not sure if the camera missed some or if I just missed them last time I looked. Put down some corn and will leave the camera for 2 weeks this time. Will let you guys know if anything shows up.

-Capo-

nice

East Texas Deer

Nice buck. Hopefully you can get him to show up during daylight. My father in law is taking the camper up to the lease this weekend. Hopefully we will have some pics to post next week from one of the 4 cams.

East Texas Deer

Awesome buck!

My cam had one picture of a doe laying down but no pictures of her getting there. Alot of blank photos of nothing but trees. I don't know if the camera is messing up or what. Alot of new spore and tracks, but no picture. I am going to try one more time with this camera, if it doesn't work then the hell with it.

-Capo-

Camera Delay

If your camera is set up on a trail and the deer are moving along, your camera may have to much of a delay. The high dollar cameras will take a pic pretty quickly but my moultire D40 has like a 30 second delay once something comes in range before it actually takes the picture. Cheaper cameras can wait up to a minute before it takes a pic.

Cameras work great on salt licks, feeders, etc but on a trail you may just end up with a lot of pics of trees or deer butts. Hope it works out for you.

trail cam

Well we got the food plots put in from my previous thread and set up some trail cams. Moultrie D40 flash:
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back