Just Got Off the Phone with the NRA - ILA

Jeff S

JSGlock26
I am a NRA member and looking to buy a membership for my 12 and 15 year old. I wanted to get a sense for why they have been so tight lipped up to this point before I added my sons. I was on hold for about 15 minutes and finally reached a guy names William. All he would say is they haven't responded because the CT shooting is still an ongoing investigation. There was dead silence. I then said that as a member, I thought no response is worse than a bad one and I wanted to know when he felt the NRA would say something. I said that stores are taking product off of the shelves and I was concerned. He said to check back. He was very economical with his words (he didn't say much) and I have to say I didn't exactly get a warm fuzzy feeling. I wasn't looking for anything other than some small talk to try to calm my concerns. Crickets! Guess I will wait to sign up my kids when I see where they are going to go with this.

This whole situation is out of control. I think everyone is in a "hurry up and wait" position and don't want to commit to something that may lead them down the wrong path later. Having said that, the right path is ahead and protecting legal possession of firearms.

Heard on Fox News today that NRA has been silent to date because they want to be respectful and allow for a mourning period.

I can resect that.

I have tried to refrain from posting "pro gun" related posts on social networks because this needs not be turned into a gun problem. It's sad sad thing and I would rather let the families mourn without this becoming a political soap box right yet. I do realize that the antis didnt even wait for the wacko to shoot himself (like a coward), before they started blaming guns and crying for gun control... its too bad that the antis cant have the same respect that the NRA has for the families and those involved in this horrific event.

Yes this is becoming a scary time for the 2nd Amendment and those who believe in it...

I wasn't looking for anything other than some small talk to try to calm my concerns. .
Then I would abide by your expectations and wait for a formal statement. NOT that I agree with everything that the NRA states but I will await the statement not some ANTI-spew that seems apparent here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back