Just Applied for a CCW Permit

It's been three weeks now since I applied for an "Appeal" to my initial denial for CCP. There are either many "appeal" letters or they only meet occasionally. Thoughts?

I had a 9 year old daughter who fought a brain tumor for 15 months and passed in March of 2012. During her sickness my CCW expired and I just started the process of renewing. 4 yr for $40 or lifetime for $125. Being cash strapped here at Christmas time I went for the four year again, my third time. The original and the renewal took 4 weeks or less in other years. Today I got my prints done and was informed it is currently taking 3 to 4 months!! Looks like a lot of people in Indiana are looking to carry. I will not mess up and let it expire again. Saving pennies and it will be lifetime for me in 2018.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

That's rough. Sorry to hear about your kiddo. I really feel for you. Hope this Christmas season is a good one for you, because I know the memories can be hard.

I just got mine in WV a couple weeks ago. Took me right at the 45 day mark they quoted me.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I just got mine in WV a couple weeks ago. Took me right at the 45 day mark they quoted me.

What county? Putnam County was 16 days for me with a 3-4 week quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

What county? Putnam County was 16 days for me with a 3-4 week quote.

Jefferson, mine was a bit of a unique case though, I had a military charge that they had to investigate which took more time. Clearly I knew I was fine, but obviously they have to do their job.

That's rough. Sorry to hear about your kiddo. I really feel for you. Hope this Christmas season is a good one for you, because I know the memories can be hard.

Your well wishes are greatly appreciated. Have great Christmas and hope your new year brings great joy.

I recently received my CHL in Oregon. $65 for 5 years ($50 to county, $15 for electronic fingerprinting.) Was pleasantly surprised, had my interview appointment which lasted 10-15 minutes and I picked up my permit the next morning!

Clothes shopping yesterday was a whole new experience, lol!!

Got my Indiana LTCH in the mail today. Only two weeks. I know people who have been waiting six months. Merry Christmas to me ! :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I received mine recently and now find 911 has changed my address! As a result I need to do a change of address form.

Wow. What a pain. But you shoul be able to continue until the revised one is returned right? Or does that make too much sense?

Wow. What a pain. But you shoul be able to continue until the revised one is returned right? Or does that make too much sense?

I emailed the Sheriff to find out. The application has no selection for address change, so I hope it is just the $10 for the photo card.

I had a 9 year old daughter who fought a brain tumor for 15 months and passed in March of 2012. During her sickness my CCW expired and I just started the process of renewing. 4 yr for $40 or lifetime for $125. Being cash strapped here at Christmas time I went for the four year again, my third time. The original and the renewal took 4 weeks or less in other years. Today I got my prints done and was informed it is currently taking 3 to 4 months!! Looks like a lot of people in Indiana are looking to carry. I will not mess up and let it expire again. Saving pennies and it will be lifetime for me in 2018.

So sorry for your family. You're in our prayers.

My wife got her NY CCW in 2004, took 12 weeks and $110. Now there are so many applications the backlog is as long as a year. Got mine in 1990. Took 8 weeks and $45.

By "911" do you mean that the emergency telephone service changed your residence address? I am confused.

Dr. DILLNER, I think I can answer this as it happened to my father-in-law a few years back. The emergency services will occasionally change addresses or house numbering to make it more compatible with the 911 system.

By "911" do you mean that the emergency telephone service changed your residence address? I am confused.

In our area 911 emergency service is standardizing addresses to a national standard. It makes it for 1000 numbers per mile. That allows them to know an address with number 850 is 0.85 miles up the road. This was done due to the difficulty of finding houses in rural areas. Google Earth and some utilities have already known our new address before we did!

I'm in MS. Would I go to the Sheriff's office of the county I live in? We are always working away from home so I don't know if I go to my home SD or if I can apply at any SD.

Thanks,
devonimarie77

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back