Joann's Franklin TN

BravoSierra2012

My wife smiled as we walked past the sign. The woman in the store had no clue about the sign or it's meaning. She did seem disturbed when I told her it could be inviting criminal activity. She asked why. I said a store with mostly women shoppers, unarmed from the car to the store and vice versa would seem an easy target. My wife said the sign encouraged her to choose a different store or to carry more:).

JoAnn Fabric

Link RemovedI already ranted about that in another forum. JoAnn Fabrics has made it their corporate policy to post the NO GUNS sign for the comfort and safety of their customers. I wrote them and that stupid remark is from them. As a result, I no longer shop there althought I was a long time customer. I make jewelry and so I have spent a lot of money there. I know go to Pat Catan's (in Ohio) where they DO NOT have a NO GUN sign. I guess since JoAnn's has posted that sign, they are now responsible for my safety in the store. Yeah, right.

Link RemovedI already ranted about that in another forum. JoAnn Fabrics has made it their corporate policy to post the NO GUNS sign for the comfort and safety of their customers. I wrote them and that stupid remark is from them. As a result, I no longer shop there althought I was a long time customer. I make jewelry and so I have spent a lot of money there. I know go to Pat Catan's (in Ohio) where they DO NOT have a NO GUN sign. I guess since JoAnn's has posted that sign, they are now responsible for my safety in the store. Yeah, right.

Sorry about the repost, new to the forum.

Oh....that's fine. I'm still ranting about them. I'm just glad to see that someone else is taking a stand as well. For me it was kind of like an old friend telling me they didn't like me any more and slamming the door in my face. I've shopped there for years, and miss shopping there now, but hey....I definately don't feel safe and comfortable in their store as they would hope the NO GUN sign would make me feel.

It is fairly new, however open carry has always been an option. This joann store is fairly new as well but you'd think if it was policy it would be posted already. Maybe its coming. Then, we too will go elsewhere.

I just wanted you to know you have lost my business with your "No Guns Allowed Signs" If you deny me as a citizen the ability to protect myself, you will no longer see our business...

Joann's response:
Dear XXXX,
Thank you for contacting Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Customer Service. We apologize for our delay in responding.

Thank you for contacting us about the prohibition against concealed weapons and the sign posted at our Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store. After thoughtful consideration, Jo-Ann decided to post the signs to create a comfortable shopping environment and experience for our customers.

Jo-Ann recognizes that there are strong feelings on this issue, and that permit-holders are exercising their state right.

Jo-Ann also is exercising its right under state law to post the sign. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

You may contact Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Customer Service via phone at 1-888-739-4120, Monday through Saturday, 9 am - 7 pm Eastern Time.
Thank you,
Janine
Customer Service Coordinator
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores
888-739-4120

My Response:

As you state that is your right.

I also have a right to spend my monies elsewhere.

Why would you ask a legal citizen to give up the right to protect themselves?

Surly you are intelligent enough to realize that when you need a police officer, they are only 10 minutes away…Why do I say that. I’m a police officer! We cannot be everywhere, and a citizen should have the ability to protect themselves.

I wish your company well in the future, but you will not benefit from me or my wife’s business. We also own a quilting company and as of today; we will find another supplier for our needs.

The end result is your company has taken a stance to deny citizens their 2nd amendment right as legal concealed weapon permit holders. These are the very citizens who have made your company a profitable business.

When a person carry’s a weapon concealed I fail to see how this can create an uncomfortable shopping experience.

I will post my question and your reply for others to see.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

email: [email protected]

Hope we all email them to see if we can get their attention.
Thanks for taking that stand. I didn't email them. I typed them a letter, put a stamp on it and sent it to them. I live in the same county as their corporate HQ. I sent 2 exact same letters to their head honchos. What I got back was the very same, word for word response that you got. Then I wrote Ms. Janine another letter asking them if they have taken on the responsibilty for my safety when I shop in their store without my concealed (lawful) firearm. And if something were to happen to me were they also taking on the responsibility for my medical/funeral expenses? I also provided documented evidence of a case in TN where a woman was raped and killed while in a PARKING LOT of a Walmart store. The woman's family sued Walmart for not having adaquate security and won over one million, eight hundred dollars. Was Jo-Ann prepared for something like that. It's been almost 2 months now.....I wonder if Janine is going to write me back?

Here is a link to that case where you can read about the whole thing. Now, as I said before...this happened in a parking lot. No. Is JoAnn Fabric aware that it is also their responsibilty to protect me while I am in their store...or any store for that matter that puts up the stupid NO GUN sign? Here in Ohio the law was recently passed that a CCW permit holder can now go into a restaurant/bar that serves food and enjoy a meal AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT DRINKING ALCOHOL. So far, from my observation, none of the places I go to eat have posted a NO GUN sign. I don't think they will unless some idiot comes in there and ruins it for the rest of us. IF you look up anything that has gone on at JoAnn Fabric, all that you will find was that in Florida a marauding band of transvestites came into a store and ransacked it of silky material and feather boas. Seriously!

That's not a decision in favour of the McClungs against Wal-Mart. That's just the decision reversing the granting of Wal-Mart's motion for a summary judgement on the case. I'd very much like to read the actual case decision wherein you said the McClungs were awarded $1,000,800.

Okay... that begs the question, "Who is 'Delta Square G.P., Inc.' and 'Samuel M. Longiotti'?" Also, if this was against Wal-Mart, why did it not list "Wal-Mart Stores, Inc." as a defendent?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back