IWB comparisons, opinions, and recommendations

17Load

Hey everyone, I know this topic has been talked about a lot here lately, but discussion is what forums are for, right!

I'm new to carrying and I've been doing a lot of research and YouTube watching for holsters. I think I've narrowed it down to 2 specific types of IWB holsters and I find myself sitting on the fence between the 2. Both have unique qualities but I am wondering if I could poll the USA Carry Forum family for any personal experience y'all may be able to offer. I don't think it matters, but for reference, I'm carrying the H&K P2000-SK.

The two that I'm dead locked between are the:
- Link Removed (which can be configured for IWB and OWB)
- Link Removed

Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom!!!

Cheers!

I have the crossbreed super tuck. You will have to try different carry positions but once you find it they are comfortable. You will most likely need to buy pants one waist size larger. I carry a M&P 40c in mine.:pleasantry:

Ok, 3 for 3 on the Crossbreed. Have any of you also tried the Raven Concealment System?

Thanks!!!

I will also vote for the Crossbreed. I bought my Crossbreed to carry my full size 45 auto, and the Cross breed does a great job and is very comfortable. The only draw back is that it take about six weeks to get it after you order it, but its well worth the wait.

Ok, 3 for 3 on the Crossbreed. Have any of you also tried the Raven Concealment System?

Thanks!!!

+4 for CBST

I haven't tried the Raven. Why should I?

The CBST is so comfortable I find myself reaching down several times a day just to make sure I still have it on.

The CBST Deluxe works GREAT! BUT! Remember that what makes ANY IWB holster work it's best is a good "GUN" belt and comfortable clothes.

The way I figure it is: "If you find something that does EVERYTHING you want in a IWB holster why continue to look?"

The Crossbreed is EVERTHING people that own them say they are.

Wow, very compelling opinions - thanks, everyone!

Ok, so I'm going to put in an order for the CBST and belt. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out!

Cheers!

Wow. OK first let me say my EDC is a Kel-Tec PF-9. Now, I have a Crossbreed Supertuck, a Crossbreed Minituck, a Comp-Tac Minotaur and a Nate 2 Tactical. I like each one for different reasons. The leather ones are comfortable but will sweat thru (even the horse hide). I will wear them in anything but summer. Here in SC it gets hot and humid. The Nate 2 Tactical is very comfortable and has a layer of material like what they make dive suits out of. I have never had a problem with bleed thru on that one. It only has one clip and I was worried about it floating around but it also has a suede backing that helps prevent this. The weapon side is a very soft and supple leather. My only problem with the Nate 2 Tactical is that the material that holds the weapon is a tight weave stretch material. When you draw it is nearly impossible to reholster. I spoke to the company about this and they said they are researching a new material along the lines of Kydex that will help. Yes, I know in a defensive situation you probably won't reholster so for some it may not be much of an issue.

My gun belt is from Comp-Tac and has a layer of Kydex sewn in between the leather. Very stiff but very strong.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Yes,
I own both and I use the crossbreed, the raven is nice and works well with smaller sidearms but I carry actual size :secret:

I have only heard good things about the Super Tuck. I personally only like leather for EDC, and for leather my P2000sk fits great in the T&T Gunleather IWB. It is sort of a VMII clone but I like it better because it sits lower than the VMII.

By the way, go for combat cut. Regular cut is more difficult for draw (getting thumb between grip and leather backing). I have both horsehide and cowhide. I find cowhide much more comfortable and no problem with sweating through here is South Carolina.

By the way, go for combat cut. Regular cut is more difficult for draw (getting thumb between grip and leather backing). I have both horsehide and cowhide. I find cowhide much more comfortable and no problem with sweating through here is South Carolina.

I agree with the combat cut.
I have both the cowhide & horsehide STs. However, I personally feel that horsehide has a "softer" and slightly cooler feel in the SC heat & humidity.

Own a Crossbreed Super Tuck for my SR9 & SR40. It works great for when I am wearing pants with a belt. I just got a Sticky Holster for when I am wearing sweats or gym shorts and so far am very impressed with it.

I personally like the Kholster over the crossbreed because it is more configurable and alterations do not void the warranty. You can cut, dye, adjust the kydex, whatever on the Kholster and if you ever need it replaced, no problem. Amazing thing is, even if it's your mistake.

So with a Kholster it's half the price of a crossbreed, more adjustment settings than a crossbreed, you can wear and test how you want it to ride, once you've found the ideal cant and depth you prefer you can do your own custom "combat cut" for allot tighter fit to the firearm than the cut provided by crossbreed that is made to accomidate all of the adjustments they allow rather than just the one setting you prefer, and the Kolster has a warranty that covers everything from materials to owner customization error.

Anyone with a Crossbreed in my opinion hasn't shopped around enough to hear of Kholster, or they're like a friend of mine that just liked the really snazzy crosses on the clips. He also tried to justify paying double by saying the leather is thicker. Last I checked, IWB holsters are better when they're thinner, and lifetime warranty leather is lifetime warranty leather so thicker leather is a non-point.

Anyone wanting a Kholster can use my rebate code for 10% off and that gets me 25% off my next Kholster. You'll get a rebate code with yours that works the same way. My rebate code is 05-9197.

Thanks again, everyone, for the continued feedback. I went with the CST, we'll see how it goes. LPC1625, thanks for the recommendation, Kholster doesn't make anything to fit my HKs yet.

Cheers,
17Load

Thanks again to everyone for their inputs!

I went with the Crossbreed Supertuck and I've only had it a little over a week now. It's already feeling comfortable, although it's taking me several minutes to get the damn thing on and into a good spot. I imagine this will get easier as I get accustomed to putting it on.

I may, in the future, order a Raven for comparisons, but I think it's going to be hard to beat the Crossbreed.

Thanks again & stay safe out there!

17Load

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back