I've Challenged The People Of New York

You are barking up the wrong tree telling New Yorkers to stand up for their rights protected by the 2nd Amendment. Take away rent control, social programs, or subsidized transportation and THEN you will see an uprising.

NYC has has a huge and sustained anti-gun campaign and sits with extreme declining crime rates to quote to "prove" that it works. What they don't tell in their propaganda is that the gun laws haven't changed in NYC since the crime days of Dinkins, other than increasing mandatory sentences.

I'm not passive, but there is more hope of freedom in mainland China then in southern NY and NYC.

I live in southern NY state and got my carry with no problem. Good for life, carry in bars, banks ,public trans, pretty much anywhere except where federally prohibited. Even had a couple blemishes on my record. Who cares about the cesspool of NYC and Bloomingidiot?? I just won't go there. Got my Fla. permit also so I'm good to go. everyone makes a big deal about NY state in general when it is NYC with the problem. So direct it where the problem is, NYC not NY state.

Around every major city including New York, Albany, Rochester, Syracuse / Binghamton and Buffalo, the counties issue only restricted permits and not full carry. NY is a pit and NYC is the epicenter. I've lived here my whole life and didn't realize it until I went to other areas of the country. I'd move if I could. Taxes, ridiculous laws, an entire population generations deep of welfare cheats and illegal immigrants that don't pay taxes but use the services that drive MY taxes up to the point where it is almost too expensive to live is what this state is. Sounds like paradise, doesn't it. It would be funny if it wasn't true.

Bloomburg=Hypocrit

Anti Gun for private Lawful Citizins, tells all Central Park is safe, in meantime he has 8 NYPD Armed Officers w a Hardened Suburban capable of withstanding an RPG Hit, But yea Mayor, I gtta wait for 911 to respond while Home Invaders Rape and Pillage as Those guys will get away, One Day you will stroll q Out your Swat Team, and maybe Plaxico will go off pn you.

I just visited the link. The level of ingnorance and arrogance in the reply and rebuttal posts is breathtaking. If it weren't an indicator of the direction the country is taking it would almost be enjoyable fiction reading the repsonses ranging from questioning the fact that our rights are God given to the arrogance that everyone south of the Mason-Dixon are red neck idiots.

Sad. So sad. And these people want to believe in their own minds that they are the elightend ones that the rest of the Nation should strive to emulate?

Call me a red neck and pass me a beer!

I just visited the link. The level of ingnorance and arrogance in the reply and rebuttal posts is breathtaking. If it weren't an indicator of the direction the country is taking it would almost be enjoyable fiction reading the repsonses ranging from questioning the fact that our rights are God given to the arrogance that everyone south of the Mason-Dixon are red neck idiots.

Sad. So sad. And these people want to believe in their own minds that they are the elightend ones that the rest of the Nation should strive to emulate?

Call me a red neck and pass me a beer!

Don't know why you would have expected otherwise. If someone from where you didn't live tried to tell you how to live (not even attempting to discuss it, mind you), how would you have reacted?

As I've posted before... I have a full carry NYS permit, and since I didn't like it there I left. Pure and simple. No need for me to complain about NY because it's not my problem. For those of you that don't live in NYS, especially those who've never lived there, pat yourself on your back and try to fix the problems in your own backyard instead of pissing on other peoples' shoes that you haven't worn.

Oh, and you know what almost never happens in NY but just happened in good old Houston? Eighth graders brandishing pellet guns being gunned down by police in a school. There's a problem that needs fixing ASAP.

And for the sake of argument, political leanings are the window here... I'm talking simple, basic civility. Who am I, you ask? A naturalized "African American" who was honorably discharged from the Silent Service that votes every season and pays his taxes and carries a firearm legally and works when someone has honest work for him to perform. I even read, drink beer, ride a motorcycle and currently live in the South. Are we good here? Because I'm not arguing with anyone who can't actually converse.

As I've posted before... I have a full carry NYS permit, and since I didn't like it there I left.

Are you saying you still have a NYS full carry living in Texas? The NYSP pistol permit bureau will (usually) revoke your permit on an out of state address regardless of whether or not a judge signs it.

And for the sake of argument, political leanings are the window here... I'm talking simple, basic civility. Who am I, you ask? A naturalized "African American" who was honorably discharged from the Silent Service that votes every season and pays his taxes and carries a firearm legally and works when someone has honest work for him to perform. I even read, drink beer, ride a motorcycle and currently live in the South. Are we good here? Because I'm not arguing with anyone who can't actually converse.

First of all, thank you for your service to our country. Naturalized citizen or natural citizen, service to the country cannot go unnoticed or unrecognized. As for the problems in NY, we need all the help we can get here in liberating the state. We enjoy great diversity here from people to geography. The issue is that the voting block is very restrictive and big government friendly. Freedoms are restricted and the whole state is governed based on what is good for the big cities. It's in need of repair. It isn't dissimilar to the issues between northern and southern California. As for butting out, I welcome those who don't live here coming to help the fight. It is needed as we are outnumbered by those quick to brand freedom lovers as rednecks and themselves as enlightened and superior. I'm a life long resident here and can't move (yet) so I'm happy to have some help fighting "city hall".

Overstated silly claims don't engender much respect.

There is nothing un-American or unconstitutional about NYS firearm laws. At least not under the existing court decisions.

For now at least, the residents of the two states addressed in your post seem happy to be exercising their respective 10th Amendment rights. Indiana doesn't recognize NYS marriage laws. NYS doesn't recognize Indiana's firearms laws.

It pains my soul to read the replies...I had to quit....Some areas of our country are in a SAD state of affairs. Our founding fathers put the 2nd amendment in place to protect us ALL from our own government. People are fat and happy NOW, but when things begin to change, as history has proven they will, others will be happy the 2nd is in place. And I'm NOT EVEN CLOSE to that opinion most of the time! This type of speak is annoying at the least...You can't pick and choose which freedoms granted by our constitution you like and don't like. You either accept and protect them all, or you get none!

Don't know why you would have expected otherwise. If someone from where you didn't live tried to tell you how to live (not even attempting to discuss it, mind you), how would you have reacted?

Possibly with an open mind.

As I've posted before... I have a full carry NYS permit, and since I didn't like it there I left. Pure and simple. No need for me to complain about NY because it's not my problem. For those of you that don't live in NYS, especially those who've never lived there, pat yourself on your back and try to fix the problems in your own backyard instead of pissing on other peoples' shoes that you haven't worn.

And who pissed in your Wheaties? FYI, it was my back yard for a long time before I moved to where I am now. I spent many a day traveling all over NYC and the burbs. SO until you know who you're jummping on, give it a rest.

Oh, and you know what almost never happens in NY but just happened in good old Houston? Eighth graders brandishing pellet guns being gunned down by police in a school. There's a problem that needs fixing ASAP.

Darned right Bubba! The newer generation needs to be taught by their Momms and Poppas what respect for common sense is all about. When a kid has a gun like "object" and a cop tells you to 'stop' or 'drop it', they should just stop their punk azz right there and do what their told. And do you think the police just happend to be at that school? I have a feeling someone else called the police with a report of student with a gun and they responded accordingly. Dumb azz kid could have gone home to Momma if he'd listened.

And if you don't think this kind of thing goes on every day is NYC, you're not keeping up with currect affairs.

And for the sake of argument, political leanings are the window here... I'm talking simple, basic civility. Who am I, you ask? A naturalized "African American" who was honorably discharged from the Silent Service that votes every season and pays his taxes and carries a firearm legally and works when someone has honest work for him to perform. I even read, drink beer, ride a motorcycle and currently live in the South.

So, if the discussion is about the Constitutionality of the restrictive gun laws of New York City, why do you feel it is necessary to bring your race into this? Are you a racist and this you need to interject your race into every discussion to give your argument more weight?

You know if you got off your self appointed high horse and read the comments to the posting you'd see that the first few were direct atacks on everyones God given rights ptotected by the Constitution. My comments which you feel necessary to jump on were a direct comment to the nutjob who denys that our rights are God give. Typical response from the liberal eletists that occupy NYC.

Are we good here? Because I'm not arguing with anyone who can't actually converse

No "we're not good here" and I don't really care if that offends you or not. Nor do I care if any of my comments offends you. As far as I'm concerned this last statement of yours just confirms what I said about the arrogance and ignorance of the Liberals from NYC.

What a sad group on that thread. Their idea of an argument is name calling. Only one of the responses I read included a decent argument. I didn't agree with it but at least it didn't just rely on name calling. One thing I really like about this site is that although we may disagree with each other,sometimes strongly, it rarely devolves into insults and name calling.

Originally Posted by walt629

As I've posted before... I have a full carry NYS permit, and since I didn't like it there I left.

Yo! Big John! Be a little more careful with your edit features. Walt629 was not responsible for this drivel. It came from Kerzan.

Reading the comments there, all I can say is, "Wow!"

Really, NY and NYC can have all the draconian laws they want. Just keep their darn idiot politicians there - don't export those ideas to the rest of the country.

Are you saying you still have a NYS full carry living in Texas? The NYSP pistol permit bureau will (usually) revoke your permit on an out of state address regardless of whether or not a judge signs it.

The permit retains a New York address because I still do business in New York State... the D.B.A. is on the permit and on file with the appropriate county. Yep, I play by the rules and know the letter of the law. ;)

Not surprising to see some people stay off of the rails once they fly off of them... if simply describing yourself is construed as "racist" and pointing out basic civility as "liberal", I can see why political discussions continue to be a waste of time here. Good thing I didn't actually engage in a political discourse here... I'm only here to talk about guns.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back