Is this correct?

bdlove

my cousin is visiting from KY. We got to talking about concealed carry. He said that in his state (KY) that even if you have a concealed license that you cannot have your magazine in your gun. He said that a lot of his friends have taken the course and said that you cant have a loaded gun on you. The Magazine has to be seperate. I havent read of this anywhere. If it is true then whats the point of carrying? Anyone know about this or have any links i can look up? I travel to KY 4 or 5 times a year amd really need to know. mt cousin said if you get pulled over and you are carrying concealed and the mag is in it, they can take you to jail.

I searched KY's laws...

my cousin is visiting from KY. We got to talking about concealed carry. He said that in his state (KY) that even if you have a concealed license that you cannot have your magazine in your gun. He said that a lot of his friends have taken the course and said that you cant have a loaded gun on you. The Magazine has to be seperate. I havent read of this anywhere. If it is true then whats the point of carrying? Anyone know about this or have any links i can look up? I travel to KY 4 or 5 times a year amd really need to know. mt cousin said if you get pulled over and you are carrying concealed and the mag is in it, they can take you to jail.

I could not find anything to support your cousin's claim. My suggestion is to call the KY State police and ask them about it. They will give you a straght up answer and will also tell you what statute covers it. (or not) as the case may be.

No that is not correct.

If you can legally possess the gun in that location, it can be loaded, except;

State law (KRS 244.125) prohibits anyone, including a license holder, from possessing a loaded firearm, whether concealed or in the open, in a room where alcoholic beverages are being sold by the drink. This prohibition does not apply to restaurants open to the general public that seat at least 50 people and receive at least half of their gross annual income from the sale of food.

In other words you can take the gun in a bar as long as it is unloaded. Keep the clip in your pocket or holster.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back