Is this a good idea?

GTH

Link Removed

:nono: Guns and alcohol don't mix. Never did, never will. I think the club is destined for failure.

That’s the same argument anti-gun people use, “Guns and the general public don’t mix, if you allow people to carry guns then there will be blood rivers in the street". Are we responsible gun owners or not? Should we eliminate all parking lots around any establishment or clubs that serves alcohol because surely alcohol and driving don’t mix. I agree anyone that drinks too much is a problem but if you start eliminating everything that doesn’t mix with alcohol then that becomes a slippery slope, it would be easier to just ban alcohol. Where I grew up my family was a member of a gun club that served alcohol and I don't recall any shootouts happening at the club. If you start doing the "what if" then all our rights will be taken away. If someone were to act irresponsible then they should be dealt with by the judicial system.

I know of two clubs that serve alcohol, and I can't say either one of them was ever involved in brawls, shootouts or murders. All of the people I saw when I was there were smart enough to just sit in the clubhouse and talk while drinking a beer or two, then they leave, similar to going to a bar. They weren't out in the shooting area chugging a beer, then using it for target practice as you might imagine would be common.

They stated that once alcohol is bought the customer cannot go on the range, I'm ok with it. I might like to the club for lunch sometime after a range session, so, no problem.

A couple of cold ones after the shooting sessions sounds good to me though I don't drink. Let's not compare the range bars to the bars out there where SHTF often. From my observations the gun owners/carriers are more level headed than most people.

I guess this adage holds true: An armed society is a polite society.

Is this a good idea?

Link Removed

I think it is an excellent idea.

:nono: Guns and alcohol don't mix. Never did, never will. I think the club is destined for failure.

That's like saying car keys and alcohol don't mix. Let's use the same standard...more people die from drunk drivers every year than drunks with guns. So, according to your theory, a bar with a parking lot is a bad idea because cars and alcohol don't mix. Or nobody should ever drink while having car keys in their pocket.

ATF - Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms - should be a convenience store, not a government regulatory agency.

Link Removed

I dunno. I'm back from the bar and no one died. I also didn't get accosted in an alley. I know I can handle it. I dunno if you can.

A well regulated program at a private gun club is a great idea, and what exactly would be the differance between it and the club house at the golf course, I guess we hear about drunken golfers beating the hell out of one another with there clubs, on a personal note i have to admit when my wife and I got our permits years ago our bar hopping all but stopped, only because of the way laws are written, and I have gotten to the point that I don't step out of my house without being armed, we still would like to have a mixed drink or two, never did do beer much, but anymore the cost of a couple of mixed watered down drinks cost as much as 100 rds of 45s, and that being said I have more fun blasting the 45s

I can't think of a safer bar.I know I sure as hell wouldn't start a fight there.Wouldn't work here in Florida tho because you can't carry in a bar..Unless its a bar and grill,then you can carry on the grill side.

...what exactly would be the differance between it and the club house at the golf course, I guess we hear about drunken golfers beating the hell out of one another with there clubs...

I'm not proud of it, but I can't tell you how many times I've been drunk by hole 11-12 and rolled the golf cart trying to imitate polo on the fairway..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back