Is there a way to find out.

Not funny Ice..... That question is already on forms for the VA, and I have no doubt that it will be on all of the forms that we fill out for our doc's who have to deal with getting paid by obamacare...:mad:
If you have any kind of permit, or hunting license, the gov-ment knows you own at least one firearm. If they come for my firearms. They will get them. FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!

Ok, here we go again. More info

:eek:fftopic: Since most States do not publish the number, or keep Concealed Carriers records sealed. Here is an article from 2009, about the medias fight for the release of this information. It seems this has been going on for years, by all the other articles I found. If you read this article, it states that there are less than 20 States, that make Concealed Carry info public.Link Removed

Being a CCP holder myself, I agree with keeping my private info private. That is the point of concealed carry. If I want everybody to know I carry a gun, I can just open carry. But if a criminal decides to commit a crime, and he see's I have a weapon on my hip. Say, before I get a chance to draw my weapon. He will go for the threat first. If it is concealed, I have a tactical advantage. The element of surprise.

If my records are made public yearly, that would give millions of people access to my personal info. Which could potentially, put me or my family at risk. So, if the State keeps the info sealed, they will most likely keep the numbers sealed too. You might be able to get access to the numbers, but if they are sealed, you would have to pay a processing fee. I could find no numbers released for my State. The closest I could get was the State Patrol, who keeps all records, But to gain any access to records costs money.

So, I believe you may get some numbers, but you will not get a total number. This is the reason it is so hard to find a solid statistic. This is a good thing though. It would be like someone wanting to audit all your weapons every year, and making it a public record. All the criminals and anti-gunners would just need to wait for you to leave your house, and they could come and take your guns. Being an owner of a variety of guns, that doesn't sound like a good idea to me. My gun rights are personal and private, and I'd like to keep it that way. :secret:[

This is the second time this has been asked in a matter of days. What is the reason behind your quest? Some things are not supposed to be known. That said, it's nobody's business.

Exactly, there really is no good reason to want to know everyones personal info.?.?.

This is the second time this has been asked in a matter of days. What is the reason behind your quest? Some things are not supposed to be known. That said, it's nobody's business.

Exactly, I've noticed the exact same thing, though I already knew the answer. Not All States Make It Public Record. There are Anti-gunners, along with media, and criminals who love access to everyones personal info.:yes2:

I have a Right to privacy. Would these people stand for Government cameras in their bedrooms? Would They like the Government to require them to submit every statement, which they would like to say, for pre-determined censorship?. Would these nosey people like it if they only had Government Mandated television, public transportation, food rations, religion, cerfew, etc, etc..:nono:

Some people make the mistake of thinking Freedom, is the need to know everything about everyone else. When people think like this, they actually give away their Freedoms, obviously unknowingly for alot of people.:fie:

We have the Right to privacy, and we have a Constitution, written in simpleton terms. People need to just make better use of their time, and concentrate on their own lives. If their lives are lame and boring, then they should get up and do something about it. Like go help an Elderly neighbor, or something else positive.

Just my humble, Free opinion. Which luckily, I still have a right to. :butcher:

Why not release the names and numbers of non-owners. they would feel the same way as owners do. Both numbers set people up to be victums. Criminals already get too many "rights" against some one that trys to defend themselves. Criminals get guns from the streets, most bought from other criminals, some stolen them selves. But to put a list out there of every privately owned weapon, gives them an even bigger "store" to steal from.

Why not release the names and numbers of non-owners. they would feel the same way as owners do. Both numbers set people up to be victums. Criminals already get too many "rights" against some one that trys to defend themselves. Criminals get guns from the streets, most bought from other criminals, some stolen them selves. But to put a list out there of every privately owned weapon, gives them an even bigger "store" to steal from.

From our perspective, there is absolutely NO GOOD REASON for ANYBODY having access to that kind of info. It could only be used for harmful purposes. To Those who would want it, let them just have to keep guessing. Yeah, we STILL have our guns! And you never know who is carrying them So watch out! Don't be a bad guy.

The media got them from somewhere, remember when they posted the info about all CCL holders in whatever state that was. I would imagine that it is possible, but hopefully our information is protected.

DesertDude,
If California has a State law for consealed carry, It should apply to EVERYONE!!! A refusal should end up with appeal to the district court. The court has to follow both the letter of and the spirit of the LAW. Seems getting a CCL as a non-resident in a state with resiprosity would cover you. I look every day to see if I can pick out fellow consealed carriers. I Can not. As for knowing who is carrying by a national number. My licence request is stapled to a copy of my issued licence and stored in a file at my local police station. Here there is no requirements to report it to anyone else.

We've seen what happened in Canada and Austrailia not to long ago. Starts with numbers. then registration. then........Confiscation, then distruction. No thanks.

Not a clue but perhaps you would receive a more targeted response with a more descriptive thread title. Threads that start with ‘once upon a time’ or ‘I wonder if…’ seldom receive a lot of responses.
Regards,
Dan

In NC, you must secure a permit from yor local sheriff's dept to purchase a handgun. (CC permit holders are exempted) The Raleigh newspaper for a long time published the names of all persons who got "pistol permits", arguing that it was public information, just like marriage licenses, building permits, etc.

In response to objections from a number of sources, they finally discontinued that policy.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back