Is the Austin Chief of Police a Gun Control Troll?

Is Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo a 'Gun Control Troll'?

• No, Art Acevedo is just 'misunderstood'.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided, What's a troll??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The_Outlaw

~The Dude Abides~
The lack of civility coming from gun control advocates was made apparent again over the weekend when Austin, Texas Police Chief Art Acevedo described a pro-gun twitter user as having a "lying extremist undeveloped brain."
It seems the pro-gun tweet that drew Acevedo's ire was one that suggested the police chief supported universal background checks. Acevedo tried to undercut this claim by labeling it "lying" and "extremist."

However, as Twitchy points out, Acevedo has been clear about his support for universal background checks in the past.

In fact, during the May 19 exchange with the "lying extremist" pro-gun twitter user, Acevedo tweeted: "police chiefs have supported UBC long before this POTUS & will continue doing so long after he leaves office."

In another tweet, Acevedo mocked concerns that universal background checks will curtail personal liberty and infringe on the the 2nd Amendment itself: "Oh, no the horror, gun profiteers can't sell guns to criminals and nuts."

These texts have since been deleted from Acevedo's twitter account in what appears to be an effort to cover his tracks.

Austin Police Chief Trolls 2nd Amendment Supporter on Twitter

the fact is that he is a political appointee, he shares the view of the very liberal local government in Austin, unlike elected sheriffs, this guy knows that his career hinges on how well is bosses do on election day

the fact is that he is a political appointee, he shares the view of the very liberal local government in Austin, unlike elected sheriffs, this guy knows that his career hinges on how well is bosses do on election day

I moved to Texas to get away from the LibTard's....
I am truly disgusted to hear that they have also infected this great state.

fortunately for you that Austin is somewhat unique as a bastion of libtardism in TX, other than urban ghettos there aren't too many places in tx that are infested with them

Austin is the one queer city in TX having a majority of dims and libs. As to morals, I have heard preachers call it "Babylon on the Colorado (river)." If you work[ed] for the State of Texas, you probably had to live there as I did.
I once had my vehicle burglarized, and the detective at a substation I filed the report with talked with me about the chief - I got the impression that not too many officers like him or his philosophies being so counter to the obvious - but remember, the chiefs last job was in Commifornia before he got the job in Austin.

San Antonio is pretty bad too. Not nearly as bad though because all the Californians have moved to Austin. We do have one of the best gun stores in the country though.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using USA Carry mobile app

I've always known Austin to be liberal held territory so this does not surprise me. The police chiefs are always in lock-step "thinking" with the mayors of their cities. That's how they're chosen for the job.

I moved to Texas to get away from the LibTard's....
I am truly disgusted to hear that they have also infected this great state.

California in particular has made a concerted effort to export its liberalism. Their main export these days.

When I was in San Antonio a local radio show referred to Austin as "San Francisco on the Colorado." It's only logical that the police chief would go along to get along with the Austin heirarchy.
c

The entire city of Austin, TX is full of progressive liberal trolls. That's where the rest of Texas has corraled them.

Libtards proudly boast their motto: "Keep Austin Weird". A few miles to the north is my city: "Keep Georgetown Normal!" We are very 2nd A. Conservatives and have strict law enforcement. Ask any Austin libs and they'll tell you "Don't Mess with Williamson County!"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back