Information on the S&W M&P 15?

tammyjo

I love the versatility of this rifle, but I feel like there are so many options for customization that I am overwhelmed! Any advice would be much appreciated!

The AR15 is kinda like a Barbie doll for men...and women. The accessories are not that costly so you can get them all and dress her up for any occasion. You are only limited by your imagination. You can change colors of the accessories as well as texture. The first thing you will need of course is a quad rail and then you can just morph out from there. If you live in a state that has not yet deemed you to immature for large cap magazines you should start there as well. 30 round magazines are low in price at the moment but will dramatically increase in cost if the anti's start having diarrhea of the mouth again. Take your new Barbie to the range and have some fun!

It might be easier to take a gander at the awesomest, tacticoolest, most over-accessorizedest AR-15ish rifle ever assembled and just work backwards from there....

overkill.jpg

Or maybe a touch of tacticool color is what you're in the market for.....

tumblr_mtg2fh2KlR1r9khx4o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtg2fh2KlR1r9khx4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtg2fh2KlR1r9khx4o3_1280.jpg

The rail-mounted knife and rear-view mirror are pretty danged tacticool on that rig, but I'd buy it just for the Slide Fire Stock even if all that other highly-needed gear was gone. :biggrin:

Of course, if you live anywhere near a stand of trees, you would probably want the Woodsman's Model with rail-mounted chain saw....

chainsaw_gun-13349.jpg

In all seriousness though, an optics system that helps you be more accurate, is intuitive and easy for you to use, maybe a mounted flashlight and maybe a vertical fore-grip is about all anyone really needs. Since you have embarked with us on a hobby/obsession that has as much to do with self-expression as it does with *need* for many of us though, one of the above-pictured weapons just might be right up your alley, and that's fine. It's your God-given right to exercise any way you see fit, with the only exception being that your wants cannot interfere with the rights of others. Well, there are other exceptions having to do with tens of thousands of unnecessary and unconstitutional gun control laws, but I'm trying to keep it light and fun here for the time being.

So, with that, welcome to the forums and congrats on joining this band of merry misfits.

Blues

As previously mentioned the options are virtually limitless but there are a handful of upgrades that I would personally consider "necessary" or at least useful. The first is a good optic mounted to the rifle - my M&P 15 Sport is using a Nikon P-223 with 3-9x variable zoom. Not the greatest scope but it gets the job done at a reasonable cost. Another accessory that I have found useful is a sling - of which my currently sports a single point sling to aid me when I wanna trek back into the woods with my rifle. I really only have two other upgrades that I'm presently planning on getting and this is a vertical foregrip and rail mounted flash light.

As previously mentioned the options are virtually limitless but there are a handful of upgrades that I would personally consider "necessary" or at least useful. The first is a good optic mounted to the rifle - my M&P 15 Sport is using a Nikon P-223 with 3-9x variable zoom. Not the greatest scope but it gets the job done at a reasonable cost. Another accessory that I have found useful is a sling - of which my currently sports a single point sling to aid me when I wanna trek back into the woods with my rifle. I really only have two other upgrades that I'm presently planning on getting and this is a vertical foregrip and rail mounted flash light.

HA! That's funny - of the three over-done weapons I posted pictures of above, not one of them is equipped with a sling, and I took that for granted so much that I didn't even think to mention it either. I would call a sling a near-absolute necessity for any AR platform, preferably of the adjustable variety. I like the ones that can easily convert between two-point and single-point slings, which is what I use on all my rifles and my shotgun.

That said, I gotta say that I'm not up for a one-point sling flopping around in front of me while hiking in the woods. That is precisely why I buy convertible ones, so that I can put it in two-point configuration and cross-shoulder it across my back while hiking. Other than that, I agree wholeheartedly with your suggestions.

Blues

The AR15 is kinda like a Barbie doll for men...and women. The accessories are not that costly so you can get them all and dress her up for any occasion. You are only limited by your imagination. You can change colors of the accessories as well as texture. The first thing you will need of course is a quad rail and then you can just morph out from there. If you live in a state that has not yet deemed you to immature for large cap magazines you should start there as well. 30 round magazines are low in price at the moment but will dramatically increase in cost if the anti's start having diarrhea of the mouth again. Take your new Barbie to the range and have some fun!

I'm in Arizona, where it's basically a free - for - all (for now). It comes with a 30 round mag, and they sell 100 round drums. I'm fairly new to AR style rifles, but you guys are super helpful! I'm excited to dress up my Barbie!

Information on the S&W M&P 15?

I have a M&P 15. Installed a trigger spring kit and replaced all the furniture with magpul and installed an aimpoint m2. Shoots just as good as any so called high end AR but with a low start up cost.

I ended up getting a Mossberg! Can't wait to take her out for a spin. I'm sure I will be asking more questions now that I have something to work with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back