inexpensive smaller carry gun..worth it for comfort or keep saving?

Blues does not believe people should have an opinion, he thinks his opinion is the only one that counts. .32 acp actually has better 1 shot stops than the .380 ammo is available for reasonable prices. I have complete confidence in my Kel Tec P-32 and suggest it to anyone wanting a small size gun.

Blues does not believe people should have an opinion, he thinks his opinion is the only one that counts. .32 acp actually has better 1 shot stops than the .380 ammo is available for reasonable prices. I have complete confidence in my Kel Tec P-32 and suggest it to anyone wanting a small size gun.
As far as .32 goes, I think most of my friends and relatives said the same thing. "My Dad had one", "you didn't buy one, did you?", or "no way, are you going to actually buy one?". Cabela's doesn't sell them for sure but sometimes they get one in Library and my LGS doesn't normally stock them but "keep checking" and "are you sure you don't want a .380?". I also think those graphs are bogus based on my cursory cut no matter who the researcher was. No way a .357 or a .45 is less effective in a SD distance comparison for body mass never mind the 9mm fallacy. Last question. If they're so good, why is there zero demand?
Try the Kel Tec P-32 it is under $300 and an excellent pocket gun. Mine has 750 flawless rounds through it. :dirol:

The Place To Be

Blues does not believe people should have an opinion, he thinks his opinion is the only one that counts.

Absolutely and provably false. What I believe is that gun control advocates who pose as Second Amendment supporters on gun forums, like you, should be exposed for what they are. I couldn't care any less which caliber or brand of weapon you choose to carry or own. If you hadn't written that nonsensical "essay" about how banning "assault rifles" is an absolute necessity here in the United States of America, which, if ever brought to fruition would be you converting your "opinions" into law that infringes on my God-given rights, or if I had never found it because you're too dishonest to tell people here what your "opinions" about gun control really are, I wouldn't have ever replied to you about anything. All anyone has to do to know whether it's your opinions about .32 and .380 chambered weapons, or your full-tilt advocacy for gun control that I vehemently object to, is search to see if I've ever argued with anybody about their choice of caliber or brand of weapon. Best of luck with that. Between the two "issues," it is only gun-grabbers, like you Conrad, that I "argue" with over their "opinions."

The notion that I try to stifle your opinions is ridiculously easy to debunk anyway. The only thing I've done with you is try to help you get your opinions on this forum, all of them. Like this for instance:

How to Prevent Gun Violence
By Conrad Luznar

In a country of over three hundred million people, it may not be possible to stop all gun violence. However, there are ways to stop a good amount. In order to buy a gun you must submit to an FBI background check and this is a good thing. But we must remember that many people who end up on a killing spree have no criminal background. Therefore a background check will not always reveal any reason to be alarmed at this person buying a gun. I believe what the Government must do is a study on what age groups do the most amount of violent shootings. Then close in on ways to possibly prevent these shootings.

It might be good to have television commercials aimed at people learning to recognize someone who is troubled and has possession of handguns. When someone who owns handguns and talks illogically about their guns, it could be a sign they need help. Therefore people who live in a household with guns need to be more tuned in on whether the gun owner is having problems or seems to be developing a more hateful disposition. Stopping gun violence is accomplished by others noticing problems with people who own guns. A good gun owner knows that guns are for target practice, hunting, and defending yourself. A bad gun owner thinks they can use their guns to settle problems or do away with people they consider enemies. Remember it is the person, not the gun who commits the crime.

Another good way to help gun control is by having college classes which focus on people who have problems and may own guns. College students should be aware of other students who seem to have a bad attitude and also own guns. Students should be encouraged to tell college officials if they know another student who owns guns and may be having social or mental problems. It could be done anonymously and might save other peoples lives. Possibly having a class in high school about gun violence prevention would also be an excellent idea. Giving students some knowledge in ways to spot and prevent gun problems. Now another step which can be taken is to let teachers take gun classes and have concealed firearms. I know this seems like a drastic step and would frighten many people, but let's be realistic. If teachers in colleges and high schools were allowed to carry concealed guns and some crazy shooter was killing people, they could use their gun to stop the shooter. Use violence to stop violence you say? Well with someone killing innocent students you must take drastic measures. Unless you want to just count bodies after he is done.

As for gun bans, without a doubt assault rifles must be banned, citizens have no need for assault rifles in an educated society. Handguns, hunting rifles, and shotguns are more than enough for protection and/or hunting. There could also be a limit on the size of handgun magazines. Maybe make all handgun magazines ten rounds or less. This is an area where the government needs to get together with gun manufacturers and discuss these things. I understand Americans wanting the right to own guns, but not assault rifles or guns with large magazines to shoot a large amount of rounds.

Preventing gun violence will only be accomplished if everyone works together. Parents, school kids, teachers, and other gun people. You can not just make a new law and stop gun violence. Remember that criminals don't obey laws, and people with mental problems don't either. Notice when a gun owner is not behaving normally or logically and let someone know. It takes all of us to be able to lower gun violence. Don't take the guns from good people, that only makes the criminal feel more secure. More people with Concealed Carry permits are needed in every state and when someone gets a Conceal Carry permit, it should allow them to carry in every state. If criminals realize there are a lot of people with concealed guns, they will be more cautious about committing crimes. People with Concealed Carry permits could possibly save more lives. Don't shun the people who carry concealed, shun the criminal.

Remember, nothing will stop all violence, but we can stop a percentage of it."

©2002 - 2012 HELIUM, INC.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

(My note: "Helium, Inc" as I found it a few years ago is no longer a website, and all the links to the above writing that I found back then are now dead. I've tried to find alternate links to no avail, but rest assured, that was written by the same person going as "cluznar" on this forum. No doubt in my mind that that is true.)

"...he thinks his opinion is the only one that counts."

One of the dumbest things you've ever said. Your opinions absolutely do count. That's why I sought them out and posted them here. Now everybody knows more of your opinions than you were willing to let them in on, which means you're dishonest, Conrad. I helped you fix that deficiency too. Thank me. I'm welcome.

Blues

Absolutely and provably false. What I believe is that gun control advocates who pose as Second Amendment supporters on gun forums, like you, should be exposed for what they are. I couldn't care any less which caliber or brand of weapon you choose to carry or own. If you hadn't written that nonsensical "essay" about how banning "assault rifles" is an absolute necessity here in the United States of America, which, if ever brought to fruition would be you converting your "opinions" into law that infringes on my God-given rights, or if I had never found it because you're too dishonest to tell people here what your "opinions" about gun control really are, I wouldn't have ever replied to you about anything. All anyone has to do to know whether it's your opinions about .32 and .380 chambered weapons, or your full-tilt advocacy for gun control that I vehemently object to, is search to see if I've ever argued with anybody about their choice of caliber or brand of weapon. Best of luck with that. Between the two "issues," it is only gun-grabbers, like you Conrad, that I "argue" with over their "opinions."

The notion that I try to stifle your opinions is ridiculously easy to debunk anyway. The only thing I've done with you is try to help you get your opinions on this forum, all of them. Like this for instance:

How to Prevent Gun Violence
By Conrad Luznar

In a country of over three hundred million people, it may not be possible to stop all gun violence. However, there are ways to stop a good amount. In order to buy a gun you must submit to an FBI background check and this is a good thing. But we must remember that many people who end up on a killing spree have no criminal background. Therefore a background check will not always reveal any reason to be alarmed at this person buying a gun. I believe what the Government must do is a study on what age groups do the most amount of violent shootings. Then close in on ways to possibly prevent these shootings.

It might be good to have television commercials aimed at people learning to recognize someone who is troubled and has possession of handguns. When someone who owns handguns and talks illogically about their guns, it could be a sign they need help. Therefore people who live in a household with guns need to be more tuned in on whether the gun owner is having problems or seems to be developing a more hateful disposition. Stopping gun violence is accomplished by others noticing problems with people who own guns. A good gun owner knows that guns are for target practice, hunting, and defending yourself. A bad gun owner thinks they can use their guns to settle problems or do away with people they consider enemies. Remember it is the person, not the gun who commits the crime.

Another good way to help gun control is by having college classes which focus on people who have problems and may own guns. College students should be aware of other students who seem to have a bad attitude and also own guns. Students should be encouraged to tell college officials if they know another student who owns guns and may be having social or mental problems. It could be done anonymously and might save other peoples lives. Possibly having a class in high school about gun violence prevention would also be an excellent idea. Giving students some knowledge in ways to spot and prevent gun problems. Now another step which can be taken is to let teachers take gun classes and have concealed firearms. I know this seems like a drastic step and would frighten many people, but let's be realistic. If teachers in colleges and high schools were allowed to carry concealed guns and some crazy shooter was killing people, they could use their gun to stop the shooter. Use violence to stop violence you say? Well with someone killing innocent students you must take drastic measures. Unless you want to just count bodies after he is done.

As for gun bans, without a doubt assault rifles must be banned, citizens have no need for assault rifles in an educated society. Handguns, hunting rifles, and shotguns are more than enough for protection and/or hunting. There could also be a limit on the size of handgun magazines. Maybe make all handgun magazines ten rounds or less. This is an area where the government needs to get together with gun manufacturers and discuss these things. I understand Americans wanting the right to own guns, but not assault rifles or guns with large magazines to shoot a large amount of rounds.

Preventing gun violence will only be accomplished if everyone works together. Parents, school kids, teachers, and other gun people. You can not just make a new law and stop gun violence. Remember that criminals don't obey laws, and people with mental problems don't either. Notice when a gun owner is not behaving normally or logically and let someone know. It takes all of us to be able to lower gun violence. Don't take the guns from good people, that only makes the criminal feel more secure. More people with Concealed Carry permits are needed in every state and when someone gets a Conceal Carry permit, it should allow them to carry in every state. If criminals realize there are a lot of people with concealed guns, they will be more cautious about committing crimes. People with Concealed Carry permits could possibly save more lives. Don't shun the people who carry concealed, shun the criminal.

Remember, nothing will stop all violence, but we can stop a percentage of it."

©2002 - 2012 HELIUM, INC.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

(My note: "Helium, Inc" as I found it a few years ago is no longer a website, and all the links to the above writing that I found back then are now dead. I've tried to find alternate links to no avail, but rest assured, that was written by the same person going as "cluznar" on this forum. No doubt in my mind that that is true.)

"...he thinks his opinion is the only one that counts."

One of the dumbest things you've ever said. Your opinions absolutely do count. That's why I sought them out and posted them here. Now everybody knows more of your opinions than you were willing to let them in on, which means you're dishonest, Conrad. I helped you fix that deficiency too. Thank me. I'm welcome.

Blues
Good catch. I saw they were outed in a few other posts. Time for a new forum name. Maybe Dirty Harry is available.

Don't "take" guns from "good people". Whoever that is and left to the elusive "someone" to decide.
These "common sense" gun control minority are very illuminating. I don't see or hear much of it elsewhere besides the news.

The Place To Be

About the bold part: Apart from not being able to form complete sentences in English with correct grammar, it is quite nonsensical to think that .32 ACP is more capable than .380 ACP. Also, what do you care about ammo prices anyway? You have shot only 750 rounds through your gun, allegedly. Your statement about is also odd, as .380 ACP FMJ is cheaper and more available than .32 ACP FMJ. .380 ACP JHP and .32 ACP are about the same in price.

Most of the more popular used guns I've seen in gun shops or pawn stores want near-bout new price for them anyways. Just a well buy a new gun with a warranty and get it over with. Go big or go home, they say.

Most of the more popular used guns I've seen in gun shops or pawn stores want near-bout new price for them anyways. Just a well buy a new gun with a warranty and get it over with. Go big or go home, they say.

I am not sure which guns you are talking about, but used Glocks, S&W M&Ps and Sigs are usually $200 cheaper (mostly police trade ins). It wouldn't make much sense to sell them at close to the same price as brand new guns anyway, but then you rarely make sense in this forum anyway. Maybe there are a few idiots out there that would buy used guns at inflated prices, just as there are quite a few idiots out there that buy new guns at inflated prices. If you need a warranty on a brand new gun, you are buying the wrong gun.

I am not sure which guns you are talking about, but used Glocks, S&W M&Ps and Sigs are usually $200 cheaper (mostly police trade ins). It wouldn't make much sense to sell them at close to the same price as brand new guns anyway, but then you rarely make sense in this forum anyway. Maybe there are a few idiots out there that would buy used guns at inflated prices, just as there are quite a few idiots out there that buy new guns at inflated prices. If you need a warranty on a brand new gun, you are buying the wrong gun.
Totally agree. If you have a LGS that stays active in placing used guns in a loving, warm, and welcoming home environment, then there are great deals.

Finding a diamond in the rough because some dealer paid pennies on the dollar to spouses and kids divesting themselves of a deceased spouses or parents beloved collection is a win-win. My cousin has a dozen used semi autos that were LEO castoffs and he has never bought a brand new gun. He laughed when I told him what one of my Sig's cost new. I am a fan of used rigs but the new ones are so darn purty.

The Place To Be

I've carried a Kahr CM9 daily for 3 yr. It never skips a beat. As with all my guns, I polished the feed ramp and magazine lips even though they didn't need it.Have about 600 rounds without
any sort of problems. Wouldn't trade it for anything.It's accurate and super reliable. I used to be a snub .38 guy only for dependability reasons but this little 9mm converted me. Buds Gun Shop has them on line now for $300. Don't spend $1500.thinking you will buy more reliability.

I tote a Glock 42. It works for me. You also need to check out the 2018 line for Sig, Kimber, Ruger and Taurus. They all have a new carry and conceal line up.

The Kahr CW series offers quality firearms at prices that are hard to beat. My EDC has been the CW 9 for quite some time.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

Sig has a brand new micro compact in the P365. It's a striker, 10+1 capacity, 9mm, and it's sized right. I don't like buying first editions of anything but it's getting nice reviews, it's small for EDC, and it's chambered in 9mm. I am a Sig honk and they are reliable as heck but the drawback is price.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back