i'm CONFUSED!

texasnative46

HI.

brand new here with a question on out-of-state CCW licenses AND about CO reciprocity.

since i retired friom the Army in 2006, i've been "traveling for the family businesses" a LOT. i have a VA RESIDENT CCW & wonder WHICH other out-of-state permit will give me the most coverage of states.

also, i'm confused about CO. - it lights up as RED, but says elsewhere that they recognise VA resident permits? - does anyone know for SURE as i'm going to denver on business soon.

THANKS.

yours, TN46

I'm not sure where you saw that CO recognizes VA resident permits, but from everything I can see, on all of the regular sites that I use to check reciprocity, it appears that your VA permit is not good in CO. CO does only honor resident permits, but unfortunately they do not honor VA permits at all. Sorry. CO is an open carry state, BUT I don't think there is any open carry allowed in Denver. If you are going to be in Denver itself, you are probably SOL. Hope this helps.

Semper Fi

Bad news for Colorado, I'm afraid. We do not accept VA permits or non-resident permits from any state.:mad:

One saving grace is, you can carry openly or concealed in your vehicle, home (hotel ..etc) or business without a permit - for personal protection.

Co- !@#$%^&!

stove,

my problem is that i will be carrying precious stones & gold jewelry for sale in wholesale quantities, so i have "a real problem"- now, what the H do i do?

yours, TN46

Call the local SO or LOE's where you're going and ask. They should be able to direct you to the cognizant authority. Might be able to be issued a temp permit or "Special" permit. In SC other then going thought the SLED(State Law Enfor. Div.), your local sheriff can issue.

TWO ROUND BURSTS-EVALUATE-REPEAT IF REQUIRED!

Also to add, Fla will cover the most States BUT a few like CO will not recognize a "NON-RES".
Per FLA Wed Site. Ant State that list item (4) does not allow "NO NON-RES" permits.
FLORIDA'S RECIPROCITY STATES
Alabama (1,3,5)
Alaska (1)
Arizona (6)
Arkansas (1)
Colorado (1,4)
Delaware
Georgia (1)
Idaho (3,6)
Indiana (1,3,6)
Kansas (1)
Kentucky
Louisiana (1)
Michigan (1,4)
Mississippi (1)
Missouri
Montana (3)
Nebraska (1)
New Hampshire (1,3,4,6)
New Mexico (1)
North Carolina (1)
North Dakota (3,6)
Ohio (1)
Oklahoma (1)
Pennsylvania (1,6)
South Carolina (1,4,6)
South Dakota (1,3)
Tennessee (1,6)
Texas (1,3,6)
Utah (1,6)
Vermont (2)
Virginia (1,6)
Washington (1,6)
West Virginia (1)
Wyoming (1,3)

(1) While Florida's law allows licensees to carry stun guns, knives, and billy clubs in a concealed fashion, the laws in these states allow for concealed carry of handguns or pistols ONLY, NOT WEAPONS IN GENERAL. Florida license holders are prohibited from carrying other types of weapons while in these states.

(2) The State of VERMONT is unique in that it does not issue weapon/firearms licenses. Florida licensees - indeed, licensed or unlicensed citizens from any state - may carry in Vermont. This presents a problem for reciprocity with Florida. Florida law provides that an out-of-state resident must have in his or her immediate possession a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm. Since Vermont residents have no such license, the right to concealed carry cannot be extended to them under Florida law.

(3) Individuals qualify for concealed weapon licenses in these states upon reaching 18 years of age. HOWEVER, any licensee of these reciprocity states who is not 21 years of age or older IS PROHIBITED from carrying a concealed weapon or firearm in Florida.

(4) These states will honor the Florida concealed weapon license ONLY IF the licensee is a resident of the State of Florida.

(5) The Attorney General's Office of the State of ALABAMA has indicated that Alabama will honor BOTH resident and non-resident Florida licenses. However, the Alabama Attorney General notes that there is some uncertainty as to the limits of Alabama's reciprocity law as it pertains to non-resident licenses. Pending clarification by the Alabama Legislature or a decision by an Alabama court, he urges non-resident Florida license holders to exercise caution. Refer to the Alabama AG's Web page for the latest information.

(6) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision.

HI.

brand new here with a question on out-of-state CCW licenses AND about CO reciprocity...
yours, TN46

Here is a link to the offical Link Removed.

Posted on the Offical Colorado Reciprocity webpage last updated 29-Oct-2009

"STATE PERMIT VALID IN COLORADO
ALABAMA YES
ALASKA YES
ARIZONA YES
ARKANSAS YES
CALIFORNIA NO
CONNECTICUT NO
DELAWARE YES
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA NO
FLORIDA YES
GEORGIA YES
HAWAII NO
IDAHO YES
ILLINOIS NO
INDIANA YES
IOWA NO
KANSAS YES
KENTUCKY YES
LOUISIANA YES
MAINE NO
MARYLAND NO
MASSACHUSETTS NO
MICHIGAN YES
MINNESOTA NO
MISSISSIPPI YES
MISSOURI YES
*No permit required in State of Vermont to carry a concealed handgun.

STATE PERMIT VALID IN COLORADO
MONTANA YES
NEBRASKA YES
NEVADA NO
NEW HAMPSHIRE YES
NEW JERSEY NO
NEW MEXICO YES
NEW YORK NO
NORTH CAROLINA YES
NORTH DAKOTA YES
OHIO NO
OKLAHOMA YES
OREGON NO
PENNSYLVANIA YES
RHODE ISLAND NO
SOUTH CAROLINA NO
SOUTH DAKOTA YES
TENNESSEE YES
TEXAS YES
UTAH YES
VERMONT* NO
VIRGINIA NO
WASHINGTON NO
WEST VIRGINIA NO
WISCONSIN NO
WYOMING YES

Colorado Bureau of Investigation
690 Kipling Street #3000
Denver CO 80215 USA
Fax 303.235.0568 Phone 303.239.4201
Privacy Statement Disclaimer Statement © 2009 State of Colorado, Denver, CO
"

TexasNative, here is a link to the Co Bureau of Investigation web page that clarifies their reciprocity rules. Unfortunately the others were correct, CO won't recognize your permit.. Good luck.

Link Removed

Thats how it works here. Colorado recognizes any state that recognizes Colorado Permits.
Unfortunately the commies were swept into power with the hopey changey crowd and quickly added the non-resident permit restriction. Along with a S**t load of new taxes / fees -- you know, one fee to exhale another to inhale. Anyway...hope it swings back in November, but until then I would spent my money else where too.

You should get the Fla non res , they seem to have the most recognized CCW, especially if you are traveling on the east coast

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back