Illinois Carry

Neal

I know that IL is a noncarry state, but I am going to a conference there in a week or two and plan to carry up to the state line. Can anyone offer input as to how to safely carry the firearm in IL in a way that will comply with IL law? I am assuming that in the case of a handgun that separating the unloaded mag and ammo from the weapon would be the best approach, but I am not sure of that. I am not sure that I want to travel unarmed given that 450 of the 500 miles that I have to cover is not in IL. Any input that can be offered would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neal

I know that IL is a noncarry state, but I am going to a conference there in a week or two and plan to carry up to the state line. Can anyone offer input as to how to safely carry the firearm in IL in a way that will comply with IL law? I am assuming that in the case of a handgun that separating the unloaded mag and ammo from the weapon would be the best approach, but I am not sure of that. I am not sure that I want to travel unarmed given that 450 of the 500 miles that I have to cover is not in IL. Any input that can be offered would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neal

Yes, its only 50 miles and yes the likelihood of getting stopped is practically nil. But think about it...are you willing to be the test case?:yu:

Neal,
Comply with the federal laws regarding transport.
If you can put your firearm in a locked container different then the ammo.
Don't tell anyone you have a firearm, and don't allow LEO to search your vehicle.

BTW, guns are Illegal in Chicago as you can see.

At least 12 wounded, 3 dead in Chicago shootings
May 31, 2010 7:22 AM | 40 Comments | UPDATED STORY
At least 12 people were reported shot and three of those victims died from their injuries following separate shooting incidents throughout the city.

The shootings started Sunday afternoon and continued into Monday morning on the South, Southwest, West and North Sides.

A 27-year-old man who was shot in his chest at his home late Sunday night in the 6100 block of South Bishop Street was pronounced dead at 11:48 p.m. at Stroger Hospital, said Police News Affairs Officer Ron Gaines. The man, identified as Laird Marble, was shot multiple times, according to a spokesman for the Cook County medical examiner's office.

An 18-year-old man who was shot in the chest about 9:24 p.m. in Chicago's Brighton Park neighborhood was pronounced dead at 9:50 p.m., Gaines said. Frankie Zamudio, of the 5200 block of South Richmond Street, was shot in the 4600 block of South California Avenue.

Another man, described as being in his 20s, suffered multiple gunshot wounds about 3:44 a.m. today in the 2600 block of South Ridgeway Avenue, Gaines said. He was pronounced dead at the scene and has not been identified.

Shortly after 6 a.m. this morning, a person was shot in the leg on the North Side in Chicago's Uptown neighborhood. The shooting happened in the 4500 block of North Broadway, Gaines said. There was no information available about the person's gender or condition.

Three women, ages 20, 23 and 28, were shot about 12:13 a.m. in Chicago's Roseland neighborhood. According to preliminary reports, the women were standing outside in the 100 block of West 113th Place when they were struck by gunfire. Two of the victims were taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, Gaines said. One was listed as in critical condition and the other is in good condition. The third victim was taken in good condition to Roseland Community Hospital.

Acccording to preliminary reports, a woman suffered multiple gunshot wounds shortly before midnight in the 1400 block of North Laramie Avenue on Chicago's West Side. A man also was shot at that location according to police. One victim was taken to Loyola Medical Center and is now listed in "stable" condition. The other victim is in "stable" condition at Mt. Sinai Hospital, Gaines said.

Earlier Sunday afternoon, three people were shot in separate incidents on the South and Southwest Sides, police said.

A 22-year-old man was shot multiple times in the face as he was walking down an alley in the 3400 block of West 30th Street in the Little Village neighborhood. He was shot at about 2:35 p.m., but there was no information available about his condition, police said.

At 1:54 p.m., a 32-year-old man was shot by burglars who were waiting inside his home in the 8100 block of South St. Lawrence Avenue in the Chatham neighborhood. The man suffered a gunshot wound to his hand and knee, police said.

About 1:10 p.m., an 18-year-old man was shot in the head and buttocks in the 5400 block of South Kostner Avenue in Chicago's West Elsdon neighborhood. According to preliminary reports, the man was a passenger in a vehicle traveling past a group of males when one of the men in the group pulled out a gun and began firing in the vehicle's direction. The victim's friends drove him to Holy Cross Hospital where he is listed in "stable" condition.

No one is in custody for any of the shootings. Wentworth Area, Calumet Area, Belmont Area, Harrison Area and Grand Area detectives are investigating.

To bad some of the shooting victims could not shoot back - maybe there would have been a few BG's on the statistic list.:no:

Case your weapon

Please case your weapon and keep the ammo in a seperate location. You might also want to google peaceable journey and get a copy of that letter. I grew up in IL and left when I was 18 yrs old. I never looked back.

Please case your weapon and keep the ammo in a seperate location. You might also want to google peaceable journey and get a copy of that letter. I grew up in IL and left when I was 18 yrs old. I never looked back.

Code of Federal Regulations
Title 18 - Part I - Chapter 44 - § 926a
§ 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms
Release date: 2005-08-03
Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any
political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from
transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any
lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any
other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation
the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily
accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle:
Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s
compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the
glove compartment or console.
Link Removed

From the Illinois State Police web site: Link Removed

Non- residents must be legally eligible to possess or acquire firearms and ammunition in their state of residence. It is recommended that, in order to be in compliance with all statutes, non-residents transport all firearms:

1. Unloaded, and
2. Enclosed in a case, and
3. Not immediately accessible or broken down in a nonfunctioning state.

We transport in this condition when going to and from the range. Never had a problem, but never got stopped by LEO either

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back