If things aren't bad enough when the TV is on...

SR40c

Done told her once...
Ya know, I personally do not watch a lot of TV these days. I'm sure I am not alone, but I am sick and tired of all this progressive liberal horsesh!t on the news and even the regular programming the past few years. I mean, every time I do watch, or more like turn it on for background noise, it's always the same crap. A crime show that always has an alleged Christian extremist as a suspect. Or maybe it's the middle aged white guy who hates gays. Oh, and don't forget that cold case crime that had the black female lesbian that was done away with by the classic racist, homophobic, white male during the depression. It's always some crap with a progressive liberal agenda. When it isn't that, it's a sit com or a reality show with some token gay person cramming their beliefs down every one's throat. I will spare everyone and not continue this rant about the network news media.

Today really sucked. When I go to work, I kind of like it because I am rarely exposed to this crap, except for today. Today, we had our annual bennies meeting combined with the usual HR presentations on Equal Opportunity Employment, Sexual Harassment, and our favorite, Work Place Violence. We even had the bonus video on an Active Shooter Incident.

I guess the things that got my head spinning was the constant pounding of the term "diversity is great" getting pounded into our heads during the equal opportunity video. Seriously, I was ready to vomit. The other was during the active shooter video when they listed several issues or "signs" of someone who would be at risk for doing something like that. The last thing on that list was a crock and several of us started laughing. It was when they said; "anyone with a "keen" interest in weapons" is suspect. My first question is this... What is a "keen" interest to begin with? I have to ask, since when are those of us who may have a "keen" interest are a threat? Says who? We only have to look back to the Navy Yard shootings to blow that out of the water. That guy didn't have that shotgun until he bought it just before he did what he did.

Anyway, sorry about the rant. See, I don't go out and shoot people when they piss me off like their video would like to have us believe. I just write meaningless and totally harmless rants in forums, just like the rest of the 99.997% of responsible gun owners who would never, ever, do something like that.

Speaking for everyone on here, thank you for not hunting us all down and shooting us. We appreciate it. Just kidding.
You're right about the TV shows. I almost always have it on for the noise, but at the end of the evening, I couldn't tell you what any of the shows were about. I do watch some old shows like westerns and M.A.S.H. but that's about it.

I really wish I remembered which show and which scenario... But one of those crime shows once took an actual case where a group of five or six black guys beat a white guy to death, reversed the races and based their TV show on it. Think it was the original CSI.

I'm all for diversity, and think racism is ridiculous, but now everyone is racist against white people, men in particular. It's insane.

And I'm the same... Can't/don't want to pay $100 for cable, so pay $8 for Netflix instead. I get to watch what I want, when I want. No commercials, no weird shows.

Pretty much stick to documentaries here, that is, until I see where they are trying to rewrite history. That seems to happen more as well.

I watch Duck Dynasty. A bunch of bearded southern white guys who openly pray to God, carry guns, and strive for higher morals. Guess that makes me kind of a radical, doesn't it?

The other was during the active shooter video when they listed several issues or "signs" of someone who would be at risk for doing something like that.

Obviously, these geniuses are unaware of your rather disturbing collection of avatars. Link Removed

Here's a freebie for ya. Maybe if TPTB ever do find out about your macabre collection, this will cover you in the "diversity" department.

Link Removed

LOL

Blues

Ya know, I personally do not watch a lot of TV these days. I'm sure I am not alone, but I am sick and tired of all this progressive liberal horsesh!t on the news and even the regular programming the past few years. I mean, every time I do watch, or more like turn it on for background noise, it's always the same crap. A crime show that always has an alleged Christian extremist as a suspect. Or maybe it's the middle aged white guy who hates gays. Oh, and don't forget that cold case crime that had the black female lesbian that was done away with by the classic racist, homophobic, white male during the depression. It's always some crap with a progressive liberal agenda. When it isn't that, it's a sit com or a reality show with some token gay person cramming their beliefs down every one's throat. I will spare everyone and not continue this rant about the network news media.

Today really sucked. When I go to work, I kind of like it because I am rarely exposed to this crap, except for today. Today, we had our annual bennies meeting combined with the usual HR presentations on Equal Opportunity Employment, Sexual Harassment, and our favorite, Work Place Violence. We even had the bonus video on an Active Shooter Incident.

I guess the things that got my head spinning was the constant pounding of the term "diversity is great" getting pounded into our heads during the equal opportunity video. Seriously, I was ready to vomit. The other was during the active shooter video when they listed several issues or "signs" of someone who would be at risk for doing something like that. The last thing on that list was a crock and several of us started laughing. It was when they said; "anyone with a "keen" interest in weapons" is suspect. My first question is this... What is a "keen" interest to begin with? I have to ask, since when are those of us who may have a "keen" interest are a threat? Says who? We only have to look back to the Navy Yard shootings to blow that out of the water. That guy didn't have that shotgun until he bought it just before he did what he did.

Anyway, sorry about the rant. See, I don't go out and shoot people when they piss me off like their video would like to have us believe. I just write meaningless and totally harmless rants in forums, just like the rest of the 99.997% of responsible gun owners who would never, ever, do something like that.

Its the obscurities that are highlighted after an active shooter event that should have been "red flags" or whatever. Sure they may have an interest in weapons but hell so doesn't millions of others. No one knows another's boiling point that would cause them to self destruct. If I have a bad day I go home have a beer and chill. Someone could have the same type of bad day and return the next day and hose down everyone. You just never know. These active shooter in-services that public and private sector corporations are putting on just highlight some key elements. But I doubt that they will be effective in preventing someone from carrying out an act of violence. I DID learn that I could stab a shooter in the neck if I had to....

Sent from my hand-held mind distractor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back