If AARP supports Obamacare, and liberalism - Try AMAC

tuts40

OK, I'm in my early 50's and as many of you have done I've started to realize I'm going to retire one day. ...I hope. Anyway, I cannot stand the AARP for many of their positions and heard a radio commercial for AMAC. Here's their site: AMAC Was Founded to be Your Alternative to AARP | AMAC, Inc.

Any of you belong or know of anyone? ...What say you?

Tuts...we got off AARP for over 2 years now and counting...when someone pointed out that they are liberals. We have United Health Care. then we changed to something else. It did not worked out. We're back with UHC.

Tuts...we got off AARP for over 2 years now and counting...when someone pointed out that they are liberals. We have United Health Care. then we changed to something else. It did not worked out. We're back with UHC.
But Mom, I, reluctantly, have AARP, but AARP uses UHC as its health care insurer, but UHC acts alone in some situations.

I am a member of AMAC and find it much more to my liking than that other one you mentioned which I can't even say. AMAC reflects my views and I got my Medicare Advantage plan through them. They use Humana which has been adequate for me. My wife may switch to something else when open enrollment comes up. AMAC is much more politically and economically astute than the other guys. I encourage you to look into what they offer and they were fairly responsive to my phone calls with questions.

The Association of Mature American Citizens and American Seniors are both conservative alternatives and I believe there are others as well.
No experience personally though as I'm only 33 but have heard a ton of liberal BS about AARP.

This should be enough to cut your AARP card up.
Any people who are members of AARP are helping finance restriction on your 2nd Admendment rights.

Gun-control advocacy

AARP supports gun control. AARP declared in its 2007 policy book, “Congress should eliminate gaps in and strengthen enforcement of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and other federal gun laws.”

The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act required federal background checks on purchasers of handguns.
In a 2001 letter to a constituent from AARP legislation and public policy Director John Rother, AARP outlined its pro-gun-control position (Page 1, Page 2, Page 3).

Also, in a Dec. 10, 2004, press release, AARP stated:

“AARP believes in the Constitutional right to bear arms. But to make the nation safer, we must do what we can to keep guns out of hands of children and criminals. AARP supported the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, which went into law in 1994 with bi-partisan support, but was allowed to expire this year.”

Both GOA and NRA that attribute anti-gun activity to AARP

There's another option I have heard advertised on the radio called Generation America. It's supposed to be a conservative alternative to the AARP.

Thanks Guys...I will ask my husband to look into AMAC and Generation America...

CharlieK...Humana was what we used to have too but they keep raising their price so we dumped them after a year and got back to UHC. Now that we have alternatives, we'll look into it...thanks for all the info here. It is really very helpful.

Sweet. Glad to hear others have heard of these groups (such as AMAC) and have some experience with them. ...Now back to snaring some rabbits in the back yard!

AARP has been a left wing organization for some time now, hopefully the other organization that have emerged will take the bulk of their membership.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back