I Wonder

NCIC105

I wonder what BS excuse; they will use next session to block restaurants that serve alcohol this time. As well as open carry.

I don't know. In Texas we can carry in restaurants that serve alcohol as long as they don't make 51% or more of their profit from the sale of alcohol for on premise consumption. I don't knowof any in this area that do, so that 51% is limited to bars and nightclubs.

We can't open carry in Texas...................yet.

Why would you wonder about it? They will use the same excuses they use every time. Mostly "blood will run in the streets (even though other states have no such problems, our state will always be the first!)", "things will become like the 'wild west' (never mind that the 'wild west' had a lot less crime)", "police won't know if the person openly carrying the firearm is prohibited or not (yet it so much better to just not know if the person even has a gun or not because it is hidden, right?)".

Why would you wonder about it? They will use the same excuses they use every time. Mostly "blood will run in the streets (even though other states have no such problems, our state will always be the first!)", "things will become like the 'wild west' (never mind that the 'wild west' had a lot less crime)", "police won't know if the person openly carrying the firearm is prohibited or not (yet it so much better to just not know if the person even has a gun or not because it is hidden, right?)".

Your right...Last time it became a side show with one idiot proposing an amendment that you could only carry chrome bullets so some BS like that....
SC Sucks on taxes and rights...Will soon leave this state.

The number of states that currently allow carry in restaurants that sell alcohol should embarrass SC since we are supposed to be a gun friendly state. A quick poll amongst lawmakers should be made to see which is more dangerous: A lawful concealed carry citizen in a restaurant or a gun locked in a car with the huge percentage of car break ins. Logically the possibility of a criminal breaking into your car and getting a handgun or a criminal waiting for a defenseless diner returning to his car should outweigh the citizen carrying in the restaurant. I apologize I just used the word "logically" when talking about our government.

I don't know. In Texas we can carry in restaurants that serve alcohol as long as they don't make 51% or more of their profit from the sale of alcohol for on premise consumption. I don't knowof any in this area that do, so that 51% is limited to bars and nightclubs.

We can't open carry in Texas...................yet.

Same here in Michigan.

which is more dangerous: A lawful concealed carry citizen in a restaurant or a gun locked in a car with the huge percentage of car break ins.

In addition there is the added risk of a negligent discharge due to unneeded handling of the firearm.

Do you remember

Dr. Susanna Gratia Hupp, the chiropractor from Killeen Tx? She was in Luby's Cafeteria having lunch with her parents when a madman with a hatred of women opened fire on the diners. She had a 357 mag in her pickup. Why? Because she was afraid of losing her license to practice if she was caught carrying a hand gun. Had she been (at that time 10-16-91) she would have received a citation for Unlawfully Carrying A Prohibited Weapon which is a misdemeanor punishible only by a fine of $500. But she didn't know that. Her parents were killed and she made it a goal to be elected to the state legislature and get our concealed handgun carry law passed. Which she did. She has also appeared before other state legislatures and congress. I know several women that are licensed to carry who should hear her speak.

Well, all we can do is email our representative. So, if everyone started to do this and had friends and family do the same, our collective voice will be heard.

Not a SC resident, but live in NC, 10 miles from N Myrtle Beach. My favorite restaurants are in SC, and it's frustrating to have to disarm when I go to one of my favorites in the Myrtle Beach area when I don't have to 10 miles away. Oh Well.

What it is going to take will be hard. It will take money, lots of money and money funneled with a direct purpose by a dedicated organization to those districts where those fools reign to dethrone them. It can be done but it won't be easy and I haven't seen anything like that set up anywhere. Those jackasses don't won't their districts at large to know the things they pull or how they do it. Some concentrated door to door knocking and commercials showing what they actually said could work wonders. Not to mention eagle eyes at the voting stations. Wouldn't hurt to see what kind of dirt is just under their fingernails either.

And that goes for the RINOs too.

According to Palmetto Gun Rights the bill will be one of the first ones addressed when legislature reconvenes. Hopefully we have seen the last of all the stupid amendments that slowed the bill as well as pro gun amendments added (constitutional carry) that derailed the bill.

I suspect it will be the same game as last year with some of our "So-called called Supporters" refusing to accept a compromise... There are those among us that cannot accept a piece of the cake they insist on the entire cake.

Every negotiators understands you cannot win ever concession at once. You take little bites and go back for more...We should have supported the hour restrictions to get this law passed. After a year we could show there were no shootouts in restaurants and go back to remove this restriction.... Yes I'd love to see carry without a permit but you and I both know our government is not going to give up that power, unless a lot of us become elected and work to remove these draconian laws.

It shouldn't be this hard to pass such a common sense bill, especially when so many other states have done so, including NC.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

I often wonder what happens when some months a restaurant makes more than 51% from alcohol and other months it makes 49%. If arrested can one subpoena the restaurant's financials as part of their defense? What happens if it posts a sign but in a given month doesn't make the quota. Very bad system.

Would like to know a date when this is going to be discussed on the floor again. Unfortunately, my "senator," Thomac McElveen, is one of those that is strongly opposed to it. I can't sway him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back