I think I'm on to something.

The only holster I own which doesn't cover the trigger guard is for an 1858 Remington...and even then it has a strap which blocks the hammer.

It's still beyond me why someone will pay $500 or more for a pistol and then spend $9.95 on a holster. I mean, everyone cuts corners somehow but you wouldn't buy a car with bungee cords for seatbelts, would you?

The only holster I own which doesn't cover the trigger guard is for an 1858 Remington...and even then it has a strap which blocks the hammer.

It's still beyond me why someone will pay $500 or more for a pistol and then spend $9.95 on a holster. I mean, everyone cuts corners somehow but you wouldn't buy a car with bungee cords for seatbelts, would you?

But of course you don't ever carry in that holster, now do you, because you're too safety conscious to make a mistake like that, right?

Yes, I realize it's a parody, that it's poking fun at what happened. However, I didn't find it to be funny because the anti's won't find it funny. The video is extremely good fodder for their rantings. Education, rather than poking fun at something, might be a better key to changing things.

Yes, I realize it's a parody, that it's poking fun at what happened. However, I didn't find it to be funny because the anti's won't find it funny. The video is extremely good fodder for their rantings. Education, rather than poking fun at something, might be a better key to changing things.

+1, while comedy can have it's place in education this clip really has no educational value.

No it's not. A video showing a real life negligent discharge by a real life person who is mishandling their gun would be. Nobody would take an anti seriously who used this video to promote an anti gun agenda.

I think i am on to something

Absolutely, tatted, anyone using htis video as an anti-gun aid would be laughed at so hard, they would never be able to show their faces again, maybe. I think they are so thick-skulled, though, that the humor would completely escape them.
GPBarth, I also have an XD in the .45 persuasion and bought a Blackhawk Serpa holster for it. It has both passive and active retention devices. The passive is adjustable with a screw, and keeps the gun from falling out of the holster. The active is also adjustable and if someone attempts to take your weapon and they don't know how it works, all they will do is pick you up by the belt. Now some people don't like this holster, because they claim that people have the tendency to let their finger slip into the trigger guard. This is nonsense. If they do that with this holster, they will do so with any holster made. Gripping the weapon to draw positions the hand on the weapon naturally, the trigger finger depresses the catch, and when you slide the weapon out, your finger lies alongside the slide, not in the trigger guard. I constantly practice with it, up to a total of 6 hours a day (unloaded wepaon, of course), suddenly drawing the weapon as if under attack. I have never had the striker click and I always come up with the trigger finger alongside the slide. The holster was economical and I consider it the best I have found.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back