I remember now why I hate eBay

Cotillion

I don't know why but every time I order something off eBay I always get the doucher sellers. I strictly order from 50+ positive and no negative yet I always seem to be the guy having to post the first negative! It's been over 72 hours since I ordered one of those no slip holsters and I haven't gotten so much as a response. I've sent 3 messages total. Being the holidays I didn't expect super fast shipping but come on at least a response! Giving him to the end of the day before I start the refund process. Sucks cause I really wanted it

thats too bad cause I have had pretty good luck, especially with the seller ehobbysports. here is the link to the page eBay My World - ehobbysports
Every time I have ordered from this seller it has arrived before the scheduled delivery date. Now I don't know if he has the holster you are looking for but you can try. I got an IWB holster from this seller ( Link Removed ) that I really liked and it was very reasonable. Best of luck, Paul

Ebay has changed drastically, from what I can see there are only Ebay stores. The individual seller has gone,prices are way to high and shipping charges are a joke.

garybtt:253044 said:
Ebay has changed drastically, from what I can see there are only Ebay stores. The individual seller has gone,prices are way to high and shipping charges are a joke.

There's still a lot of individual sellers, but you are spot on about prices being to high. I was shopping for "the walking dead compendium" and there was 9 listings on eBay, all 35+ dollars not including shipping. I then went to amazon and found it brand new for 31 including shipping, which only took 36 hours to get here I might add!

For those who use amazon a lot I highly suggest their prime shipping. My wife accidently ordered it and I was ticked off until I realized we saved over 200 in shipping last year

If I can find it at Amazon, there is no way I am going to other online stores...well I don't go to online stores for my guns, Nikon and accessories though. I believe it is to my advantage to touch and test the equipments first hand.

The only thing I buy Off Ebay is used books. Just got "Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee" By Dee Brown for 5 bucks

The only reason I used eBay in the first place was because a friend of mine owed me a little cash and gave me a "money pak".

Hmmm, guess Im in the minority. I love ebay. I have almost 200 purchases and have never had a problem. I guess Im just a little more patient, but it usually takes about 6-7 days before I start feeling antsy if I haven't hear anything about my item shipping. There are sellers on ebay that literally have thousands to tens of thousands of items for sale. Its also the christmas season, so I am willing to bet they are swamped trying to get stuff shipped. 72 hours doesn't really seems like a long time to me. I love amazon too and Ill check both before purchasing, you can save a ton of money by using both. Just need to be patient.

On a side note I used gun broker for the first time recently. I had the payment and FFL to the seller within 60 minutes of ending the auction. It took them 7 days to ship it after that. It was slightly annoying, but Im not going to stop using gun broker because of it. I paid $699 for a gun that was $799 and up everywhere else, including from another gun broker seller. The $100 savings was worth the wait for me.

Hi, my relationship is a love hate.... I sell on eBay and have over 1000+ positive comments, yet I'm a single small seller and have a hard time competing and I struggle to make a profit. Had to get a store just so eBay would not charge me more on a sale. Now, it seems eBay is taking more money and I'm making less and even though eBay has a shipping policy... I don't see it being enforced with some major players. I have tried other sites but.... eBay is the 800 pound gorilla in the market.

Warbirds:253120 said:
Three messages in 72 hours. Sounds like someone had an issue with patience.

I hope you get aids warbirds

I finally got a message. Yeah I was being a little impatient but when sending a stranger money you'd think a quick "hey I got your money ill be shipping on soandso date" wouldn't be such a problem. Pretty sure just about everyone online these days has a smartphone with the eBay app, and if you're a major seller and don't you should get it, so updating shouldn't take 3 days. I've only bought maybe 10 things off eBay but I've had to do a refund on 3 of them so maybe that's where my lack of patience stems from

Between Ebay and Paypal the seller pays 20 to 25% of the final value fee, I don't like that, the seller has to raise the prices that much inorder to get what they need/want for an item. I sell every now and then, ods and ends, things I dont need any longer. You do have to pick a good seller to buy from.

You are buying online, not in a store. Its not going to be instant. Often, I get the item in the mail before I even received a tracking number. Give it time.. BTW a seller has up to 7 days to ship an item under PayPals guidelines.

I'm not feeling the love.

Seriously the only time I ever got "ripped off" on ebay was buying an out of print copy of 'Little Bigman" (Book is muchbetter than the movie if you get the chance)by Thomas Berger. I got the book but it had been stored someplace wet and was musty and smelled nasty. That said I only paid 3 or 4 bucks for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back