I"m new here.

Bigit

Banned
I know little about guns and I wish to learn a lot more! Thanks!

Welcome as well. Read as much as you can. Possibly look up a NRA Instructor for familiarization with firearms. Good place to start. Most ranges also offer training from beginners to the experience. If in doubt, drop by a local gun store and they can give you some direction.

Bigit - great to see you are seeking knowledge! I am new to this forum (today), but not so new to firearms - although "the more I learn, the less I know" meaning there is always MORE to learn! Professional assistance is great, and if you can find a mentor that will guide you - even better! Good luck!

Welcome. Mappow and draftybarn are right. NRA has some great classes. Also, gun stores are usually very helpful. Most have rental guns you can try out at their range which helps you to see what fits. Try before you buy. Also, ammunition can be expensive, so I have a .22 that I use for target practice. Most of all enjoy your journey. You're going to meet some really cool people along the way.

My thanks to all. You are most gracious here. I have another request. Can anyone recommend specific videos on YouTube, with links so that I don't waste time on the ones that have no merit, or which are too advanced for me at my current level of ignorance? If there are any other online resources, please tell me of those as well. I barely know the difference between a rifle and the "scattergun"?, or between a revolver and the other kind of handarm?

Free book offer

My favorite shooting website and training center. Something for everyone, at every level of understanding here.
Tactical Shooting Academy - Home

I will also give you my book if you'll send me an email. mamaliberty - at - rtconnect.net Just replace the "at" with @ and no spaces.

I wrote this book to supplement my NRA classes and have given away hundreds of them in the last five years. The first chapter is the story of the man I had to shoot to save my life... Link Removed

The book is available to anyone who will send me an email and request it. "Self defense" in the subject line will put it into the proper filter for prompt attention.

I'm always happy to answer questions and discuss self defense... especially with other women. I will not be a helpless victim.. and neither should you or anyone else.

I can't recommend videos at the moment, but I will answer questions, at length here, or via email, if you wish.

welcome aboard and yes there are alot of excellent topics with great information and links the members post here i know i've learned alot from reading and researching links i got here and the articles section is very informative and interesting reading too
enjoy the site

I think that you are quite new to firearms in general, from the wording of your other post. Please click on the links in the posts above, and see what we are talking about, ok?

Hello Y'all! I'm Brand New here & am getting ready to purchase my first handgun. I'm going to list the four models that so far have matched my needs & the one that feels best in my hand. None fired yet until I go to my local range & try 'em though. If you have any thoughts on the models or experience with them, I'd appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

Taurus Millemium Pro 9mm PT111 12 round (Felt best in my hand, Love the 12 +1, lock-out w/ key, Super-Easy Slide & release! Loved it!)

Ruger SR9c 9mm 12 round

Smith & Wesson M&P compact 9mm 12 round

Kahr CW9

Hello Y'all! I'm Brand New here & am getting ready to purchase my first handgun. I'm going to list the four models that so far have matched my needs & the one that feels best in my hand. None fired yet until I go to my local range & try 'em though. If you have any thoughts on the models or experience with them, I'd appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

Taurus Millemium Pro 9mm PT111 12 round (Felt best in my hand, Love the 12 +1, lock-out w/ key, Super-Easy Slide & release! Loved it!)

Ruger SR9c 9mm 12 round

Smith & Wesson M&P compact 9mm 12 round

Kahr CW9

Try the S&W 9mm Shield, I love mine

Taurus makes good revolvers, but the Quality control in their semi-auto's is weak. I have had poor luck with Kahr. Ruger and S&W are quality guns and the companies have excellent customer service.

Taurus makes good revolvers, but the Quality control in their semi-auto's is weak. I have had poor luck with Kahr. Ruger and S&W are quality guns and the companies have excellent customer service.

+1 Never shot a Taurus semi that I liked. They all felt like they were about to blow themselves in my hand. Love ruger and S&W.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back