I have a ccw question maybe y'all can help me out

Raym

I live in madison county ga, I have been arrested for a few felonys but all have been drop or lowered to misdemeanor charges in 2007-2009. I was arrested for domestic violence about 2 years ago ( my ex-wife hit me we were both arrested) but it was completely dropped in court. Will any of this prevent my ccw? I was never convicted of it nor plead guilty to it. Any help would be great thanks

Check with the dept you applied with for the ccw . Some states list things in the application that will prevent you from obtaining the license .

IANAL, but from the online sample application, you should be good by what you're saying. All the questions begin with:
Have you ever been convicted of, or pled guilty or nolo contendere to, any crime...

See: Link Removed

As you are a former wife beater as well as other unscrupulous acts, I for one would like to see you remain permit less...
First post and one with a very sketchy background....

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

I live in madison county ga, I have been arrested for a few felonys but all have been drop or lowered to misdemeanor charges in 2007-2009. I was arrested for domestic violence about 2 years ago ( my ex-wife hit me we were both arrested) but it was completely dropped in court. Will any of this prevent my ccw? I was never convicted of it nor plead guilty to it. Any help would be great thanks

Let's focus on the part where he says "my ex-wife hit me we were both arrested"

As you are a former wife beater as well as other unscrupulous acts, I for one would like to see you remain permit less...

Where do you see 'Wife Beater' in this post?

You may not believe it Charles, but there are Men that are abused by Women. Sometimes because of the antiquated belief that a man should NOT strike a woman. Lord knows I'm not one of them to just go out and condone striking or beating wives. But EQUAL RIGHTS is EQUAL. If a woman strikes me, I will Strike Back. If a woman threatens my life, I will exercise my 2A Rights same as I would against a man.

Pick on his other unnamed Felonies dropped to misdemeanors if you will, but he explained the 'Domestic Violence.' He was attacked. Charges were dropped.

Might, might not.

Several reasons for my vagueness. We don't know what state you are in. We really don't know what the actual charges that you were convicted were. The fact that there was a domestic violence charge in there (despite it being dropped) might cause problems.

The best you can do is either: try and see then work on getting things expunged, or seek a lawyer first and be brutally honest with them with your facts.

Edit: we do know what state you are in. My apologies, but the rest of questions are valid. Try to find out if you can get it, if you can't ask for the reason, get a lawyer and see what you can do about it.

Last edited:
a domestic violence history is one huge hurdle that could block you from getting a permit to carry

I have never nor will I ever put my hands on a woman, and I stated what happend but there will always be that one person that has to voice there opinion to make themselves feel better. But for the rest of y'all thank you for the input and help I was thinking the same thing but just thought I'd ask

I also hold a class a cdl with hazmat and work fir the 2nd largest propane supplier in the us, and still legally am able to purchase guns

Do any of the following apply to you?
> Courtesy of Link Removed<
To obtain a Georgia Weapons Carry License you must first be a resident of Georgia or on active duty on a base in Georgia. You also cannot fail any of the reasons why a license will be denied. Georgia Code Link Removed

No License shall be granted to:

Any person who is prohibited from possessing or shipping a firearm in interstate commerce pursuant to subsections (g) and (n) of 18 U.S.C. Section 922;
Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year;
Is a fugitive from justice;
Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;
Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution;
Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States or an alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa;
Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his or her citizenship;
Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner; or
Has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence cannot lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm.
Is under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year .
Any person under 21 years of age;
Any person who has been convicted of a felony (unless pardoned);
Any person against whom proceedings are pending for any felony;
Any person who is a fugitive from justice;
Any person who has had his or her weapons carry license revoked;
* Any person who has been convicted of an offense arising out of the unlawful manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance or other dangerous drug;

Any person who was convicted of violation of Code Sections:
16-11-102 (pointing a gun at someone),
16-11-126 (carrying a weapon without a license),
16-11-127 (carrying a weapon or long gun in an unauthorized location),
and has not been free of all restraints and supervision for 5 years from the date of application;
* Any person who has been convicted of any misdemeanor involving the use or possession of a controlled substance and has not been free of all restraint or supervision in connection therewith or free of:
(i) A second conviction of any misdemeanor involving the use or possession of a controlled substance; or
(ii) Any conviction for unlawful manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance or other dangerous drug, or for a conviction which prohibits possession of firearms in insterstate commerce, or a revokation of carry license,
for at least five years immediately preceding the date of the application;
Any individual who has been hospitalized as an inpatient in any mental hospital or alcohol or drug treatment center within five years of the date of his or her application. The Probate Judge may consider the reason for the hospitalization and decide whether to issue a permit or not;

* If first offender treatment without adjudication of guilt for a conviction (of the * marked convictions above) was entered and such sentence was successfully completed and such person has not had any other conviction since the completion of such sentence and for at least five years immediately preceding the date of the application, he or she shall be eligible for a weapons carry license provided that no other license exception applies.

Glad I am not the only one who thought this way from the getgo. Too many red flags as far as I am concerned

Dear Diary,
Today I learned that today's definition of a "wife beater" is a man who's wife has hit him. I can hardly wait to learn more Newspeak definitions tomorrow.

None of those apply to me. And for the record I DID NOT HIT MY EX-WIFE. She hit me in the face when she was drunk and mad. It got completely dropped in court. In ga if domestic violence occurs at your household both people go to jail if you cannot come to an agreement on who did what.... With that being said that's why I was arrested and I was dismissed of it.

Sounds like you should have no problem obtaining a Georgia Weapons Carry License (GWL) from your local probate court then.
Address: 91 Albany Ave, Danielsville, GA 30633
Phone:(706) 795-6365

Price varies somewhat by county, so call first to see how much you should bring. No checks, no Money Orders, no Cards.
What to Bring: (1) Georgia driver's license, Georgia State ID card, or voter's registration card with current address; Foreign nationals must have INS resident card. If you are a naturalized US citizen, you should bring your naturalization papers (2) Payment (please contact your local probate court for accepted forms of payment and amounts; (3) a self-addressed, stamped enveloped.

Link Removed

Sounds like you should have no problem obtaining a Georgia Weapons Carry License (GWL) from your local probate court then.
Address: 91 Albany Ave, Danielsville, GA 30633
Phone:(706) 795-6365

Price varies somewhat by county, so call first to see how much you should bring. No checks, no Money Orders, no Cards.

Link Removed
Thank you for all your help, I'll let you know the outcome. I didn't think I would but I wanted to ask first before I went

Guy's wife goes to hit him with a shoe and he grabs her arm to stop her putting a bruise on her wrist (as an example). Guy gets arrested for domestic violence because the wife had the bruise. Does that make him a "wife beater"? Domestic violence charges are tossed around like giveaway candy these days because they are politically popular - you know - like gun control laws.

Guy's wife goes to hit him with a shoe and he grabs her arm to stop her putting a bruise on her wrist (as an example). Guy gets arrested for domestic violence because the wife had the bruise. Does that make him a "wife beater"? Domestic violence charges are tossed around like giveaway candy these days because they are politically popular - you know - like gun control laws.

This is the point I was trying to make Navy. Thanks for being a little more succinct than me.

Here's another one to make based on Charles' attitude or people that agree with him. It's ok for a woman to attack them or rob them, etc violently. They won't defend themselves and will even allow themselves to be killed because to hit a woman would be wrong. So woman, go find these types of individuals and marry them and beat them. Woman, go find them and rob them. They don't mind. They've already said any man who defends themselves is a 'wife beater' and doesn't deserve a permit to carry a gun, so they won't defend themselves either.

This is the point I was trying to make Navy. Thanks for being a little more succinct than me.

Here's another one to make based on Charles' attitude or people that agree with him. It's ok for a woman to attack them or rob them, etc violently. They won't defend themselves and will even allow themselves to be killed because to hit a woman would be wrong. So woman, go find these types of individuals and marry them and beat them. Woman, go find them and rob them. They don't mind. They've already said any man who defends themselves is a 'wife beater' and doesn't deserve a permit to carry a gun, so they won't defend themselves either.
Exactly

Dear Diary,
Today I learned that today's definition of a "wife beater" is a man who's wife has hit him. I can hardly wait to learn more Newspeak definitions tomorrow.

Based on his post and the questionable felonies that have been downgraded(?) to misdemeanors, he is already proved himself untrustworthy to me.
Now if you think that he was the "victim" of spousal abuse, based on his own shady past, you go ahead and give him a shoulder to cry on.... Not me.
He has no trouble and he has no shame admitting that to us that he has had multiple run ins with the law.
I think he is not telling us the truth (in whole or in part) on ANY of his "Troubles".
Guys like him don't get beat by their wives. They are the ones doing the beating.
Like I said, if you want to let him cry on your shoulder, you go right ahead!
In my book, he sounds like the "kinda guy" that should remain PERMITLESS.....

Ymmv...

Based on his post and the questionable felonies that have been downgraded(?) to misdemeanors, he is already proved himself untrustworthy to me.
Now if you think that he was the "victim" of spousal abuse, based on his own shady past, you go ahead and give him a shoulder to cry on.... Not me.
He has no trouble and he has no shame admitting that to us that he has had multiple run ins with the law.
I think he is not telling us the truth (in whole or in part) on ANY of his "Troubles".
Guys like him don't get beat by their wives. They are the ones doing the beating.
Like I said, if you want to let him cry on your shoulder, you go right ahead!
In my book, he sounds like the "kinda guy" that should remain PERMITLESS.....

Ymmv...

Charles, you know I have to poke the bear. You mean he should be permitless like you? :sarcastic:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back