I got the call today!

thevinmanfxst

Approx. 34 days from submitting my paperwork and prints to the New Milford, CT PD, I got the call! I'm all checked out and good to go for my State permit! Wooo Hooo! :laugh:

My CT permit was issued today. I got my original permit in 1986 just after leaving the USAF. In 2006 I was distracted (and not carrying regularly) and it expired. By the time I realized it, it was too late to renew and I just let it go. I reapplied this year and it took 6 weeks to the day to come in. However, the cost did go up, A LOT

$115 for the pistol class
$15 to have my prints taken
$20 for the state background check
$50 for the FBI background check
$70 to pick up the temporary permit
$70 to convert it to the permanent permit

Thats $340 total. I think it cost like $35 in 1986...

Going shopping this weekend :)

MUCH better than here in New Haven. It was past the 90 limit, and even then only after I made repeated calls to the department.

MUCH better than here in New Haven. It was past the 90 limit, and even then only after I made repeated calls to the department.

Wow, when did you get your permit?

I submitted all of my paperwork on June 23rd, took 47 days to get the call and today i was off from work and went up to Middletown for my CCW.

Wow. I think that living in the New England area, and for that matter IL, CA or upper west coast has to be very frustrating indeed. Now, if you are liking the idea of not being self reliant and enjoy big government with a sprinkling of ever shrinking freedoms well then those areas rule!

I'll throw this in for those who think the "media" is reporting real news: Media Malpractice How Obama Got Elected and Palin Was Targeted

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back