I dont need no stinking gun...

LOL! Speaking of hammers. Years ago my uncle was driving home and passed a car. Apparently the guy in the car took offense to this and began tailgating my uncle. My uncle let the guy pass and thought everything was done. A few miles later my uncle saw the guy on the side of the road and when my uncle went by the guy started following him again. The only weapon my uncle had in his truck was a hammer. He stopped in the road and waited. The guy pulled up and got out of the car. He approach my uncle and my uncle wacked the guy in the head with the hammer and took off. About six months later a detective and state police officer came into my uncles shop and he thought they were there to arrest him. He mentioned the incident after he found out the guys were just there for business. Turns out that they knew the guy and he was a lawyer. That was the last night that lawyer ever drank and he has the hammer hanging in his office.

He is described as a white male, 18-25 years-old, 5-foot 10 inches tall and about 170 pounds with black hair.
They failed to mention the massive knot this guy probably had on his forhead :D
But in all seriousness they stopped the threat and they are all safe. To me thats what matters at the end of the day.

LOL! Speaking of hammers. Years ago my uncle was driving home and passed a car. Apparently the guy in the car took offense to this and began tailgating my uncle. My uncle let the guy pass and thought everything was done. A few miles later my uncle saw the guy on the side of the road and when my uncle went by the guy started following him again. The only weapon my uncle had in his truck was a hammer. He stopped in the road and waited. The guy pulled up and got out of the car. He approach my uncle and my uncle wacked the guy in the head with the hammer and took off. About six months later a detective and state police officer came into my uncles shop and he thought they were there to arrest him. He mentioned the incident after he found out the guys were just there for business. Turns out that they knew the guy and he was a lawyer. That was the last night that lawyer ever drank and he has the hammer hanging in his office.
Reminds me of some quasi-legal advise I once received as a motorcycle rider. By localgirl's avvie, maybe she can corroborate.
As a motorcyclist, you're hanging out there in the breeze. You don't have a cage around you to protect you in the case of a collision. No fenders. No bumpers. In such a case, if someone is driving in a threatening manner, a mid-level step between doing nothing to fend off their assault with a deadly weapon (their car) and "going to guns" is to always carry a pocketful of stones and gravel.

A car tailgating and threatening to hit you can be given a clear indication of the error of their ways with a windshield fill of golf ball sized rocks. At highway speeds, you don't even need to throw them, just a handful of them dropped on the pavement behind the bike is still assured of bouncing up into the windshield of the threatening car. If they were not so impermissibly close, the gravel would dissipate and expend all of its energy and cause no damage anyway. The only way they sustain damage is by driving like a moron. Some other suggestions have been kiddy marbles and miscellaneous nuts and bolts. I don't like those because A) they are so clearly out of place in the environment of a highway, their presence can only be indicative of malfeasance. B) if the police look to be wanting a discussion with you, natural ammunition can more easily be disposed of so as to not raise any unwanted questions.

Not that I, myself either practice or advocate such tactics, but if the only other option is to crash and die, you gotta do what you gotta do.

I have nothing against a less than lethal weapon - I do have a problem with not having a leathal weapon when one is needed. May be there is a market for non-lethal equipment; we could start with a line of clothing that informs anyone who can read that the person wearing the article of clothing does not allow lethal weapons to be used against them. Upon reading notification an armed robber, rapist, or assailant would either find another victim, or dispose of any letal weapons. Store owners could post signs telling criminals "don't bring a gun to a chair fight".

It just keeps getting better.. :sarcastic:

Pooper scooper battle ends with attacker on the run

A woman defended herself with a “pooper scooper” for nearly a half-an-hour while a man tried to hit her with another pooper scooper in Plymouth Pilliars Park early Thursday, according to the Seattle Police Department.

Police say the woman was with her dog at park, near Boren Avenue and Pike Street, around 2 a.m. when a man approached her complaining she was making too much noise, which he said was keeping his friend from sleeping.

He then picked up a pooper scooper and began swinging it at the woman, trying to hit her, according to police.

Police say the woman also picked up a pooper scooper to defend herself, fighting off the attacker for about 30 minutes before being able to leave the park.

Police searched the area, but were unable to find the attacker, according to the police department.

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back