I don't have any guns...

walt629

I see a lot of natural braggadocio here concerning the guns we own, the amount of ammo we have, the cars, trucks, campers, boats and everything else we want to brag about.

Okay so we are proud of our accomplishments and we all want to believe we have the best of whatever it is we think we have the beast of.(?)

But, is anyone concerned about putting that kind of information out i a public forum for everyone to read. And (for the conspiracy fans) what about the government picking up on the discussions and using it as a starting point for a road map to confiscation?

Just a question.......

Not paranoid about it either though.

Everyone should have a handgun in their homes for protection until the LEOs show up. LEOs are not angels of God and so they cannot be everywhere.

And 40% of all households across America have a firearm of some sort. Although in California CCCP it is closer to 20% instead.

Putting your real name and address out on the internet with what you own is a rather dumb idea. There are probably home invasion crews in your area happy to capitalize on that info, since a firearm is worth $500+ on the black market.

Good luck trying to find out where Shoobee lives. That was my call-sign from military daze.

Plus I barracade the doors at night and sleep with my 45ACP under my pillow. So good luck trying to get in alive.

No worries then.

Kind of depends where you live. I live WAY up in Maine in the woods. Everybody up here has firearms. As for information Maine and my screen name are a very bad way to find me. I have a pile of NFA so the FED knows who I am and where I live at all times. As for home invasion well that would be a very very bad idea up here.

And (for the conspiracy fans) what about the government picking up on the discussions and using it as a starting point for a road map to confiscation?

You're right. The government doesn't know such discussions are taking place. We'd better stop before they catch on.

Look at Katrina, they just go door to door to confiscate.

Posting about them online doesn't matter, actually doing something about it when the time comes does.

Form 4473s are all the gov't needs to see to know who has guns. Amount you have depends on if you tell all that you have. Any state that requires you to list your guns on your license are a very different story.

Good point. Best thing would be not to answer the door.
They broke down doors to make sure no one was in there. Many states have since written into their laws/Constitution that they cannot be seized in an emergency unless being used illegally.

Not paranoid about it either though.

Everyone should have a handgun in their homes for protection until the LEOs show up. LEOs are not angels of God and so they cannot be everywhere.

And 40% of all households across America have a firearm of some sort. Although in California CCCP it is closer to 20% instead.

Putting your real name and address out on the internet with what you own is a rather dumb idea. There are probably home invasion crews in your area happy to capitalize on that info, since a firearm is worth $500+ on the black market.

Good luck trying to find out where Shoobee lives. That was my call-sign from military daze.

Plus I barracade the doors at night and sleep with my 45ACP under my pillow. So good luck trying to get in alive.

No worries then.

The question wasn't about ME coming for your gun, it was about the government coming to get it. And you think the government can't find you because you you're using your call sign from when you were an employee of the same government? Shoo, you're not that nieve are you?

Anyone coming to my door on my private property to take the one gun I don't own or the one bullet I don't own will be given nothing but the chance to exit the property in peace one time.

The question wasn't about ME coming for your gun, it was about the government coming to get it. And you think the government can't find you because you you're using your call sign from when you were an employee of the same government? Shoo, you're not that nieve are you?
Did you really have to ask that?

tumblr_m7otwtmRAj1r0f8uco1_500.gif

i agree w/maine.....depends on where you live. here in tennessee everybody has a weapon of some sort.....everyone. everyone knows it. if there is a home break in or invasion the perps are either just bone stupid or on some serious drugs. now, people that aren't from around here might not know that ol billybob that lives in that little house back up in the woods is an army sniper from the vietnam era and can still knock the eyes out of a squirrel from the front porch. there could be an incident if you disturb billybob, we know better......just sayn

Posting about them online doesn't matter, actually doing something about it when the time comes does.

I truly hope things never come to that, cause somebody or several somebodys is going to have a real bad day, most likely on both sides of the door

Good point. Best thing would be not to answer the door.
They broke down doors to make sure no one was in there. Many states have since written into their laws/Constitution that they cannot be seized in an emergency unless being used illegally.

And at least one state so far has a law that allows a civilian to defend against these forms of aggressors with deadly force without having to worry about legal ramifications.

I truly hope things never come to that, cause somebody or several somebodys is going to have a real bad day, most likely on both sides of the door

I hope it never comes to that as well...but like usual I hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back