I Am Fed Up With "Price Gouging"...

joatesiii

Hello everyone, I ask your forgiveness because this is a vent and an offer to help with info/support if you wish some. I am sure that there are great dealers out there, and please continue to support them. I am also finding many dealers who, in my opinion, are taking advantage of the current political situation to raise prices to unreasonable levels. I certainly have no objection to someone making a profit, and, as an FFL I have access to pricing info, as other dealers do, and if you are one who does not have access to that kind of info and would like a second opinion on the price of a firearm that you are considering for purchase, please feel free to ask and I am happy to provide info that may support you in doing some comparison shopping. It's a free service...I simply want buyers to have as much education as possible so they feel good about their purchase. You may certainly contact me here, although I may not always see a general request on this forum...or I am absolutely available via Facebook either at James Oates or Gemini Guns. My email will also work great...joatesiii at aol dot com. If I may be of any assistance, it would be my pleasure.

Thanks James. I just received an email from Hyatt guns in Charlotte, NC saying they had the Shield.40 in stock. Price? $649! That is another place I will never consider doing business with.

I'm pretty fed up with it too, but it's going on everywhere, private and stores.

There was only one shop in my area that had 6+ AR's left, and I thought that was interesting. Yea, entry level bushmasters and Stag arms going for well over $2000...sorry guys, but you lost a customer. Wholesale sports did not price gouge, they sold out of pretty much everything, and they told me they will keep the market fair. Hole in the wall made up some excuse that it was the manufacturers that were raising the prices...

Right...so when Wholesale can sell me an FNX9 stainless for $550 its the manufacturers fault you guys are selling it for $700?

I don't know what I am going to do...but I need a rifle...and it's getting annoying trying to find one on a budget.

Thanks James. I just received an email from Hyatt guns in Charlotte, NC saying they had the Shield.40 in stock. Price? $649! That is another place I will never consider doing business with.

The only 9mm Shield at the gun show in Carter Lake, IA (Omaha area) went for $550 last night, about 10 minutes after the door opened.

The only reason I ever go to Hyatts is to kick the tires. I've never found them to be competitive.

Hi Todd...if it is the standard M&P Shield...my opinion is that price is a bit rich...

I'm pretty fed up with it too, but it's going on everywhere, private and stores.

There was only one shop in my area that had 6+ AR's left, and I thought that was interesting. Yea, entry level bushmasters and Stag arms going for well over $2000...sorry guys, but you lost a customer. Wholesale sports did not price gouge, they sold out of pretty much everything, and they told me they will keep the market fair. Hole in the wall made up some excuse that it was the manufacturers that were raising the prices...

Right...so when Wholesale can sell me an FNX9 stainless for $550 its the manufacturers fault you guys are selling it for $700?

I don't know what I am going to do...but I need a rifle...and it's getting annoying trying to find one on a budget.

Hey Fire...yep, the FNX9 MSRP is $699.00...even I could not sell it for $550.00...I could sell it for $570.00 but I could not cover shipping it to you for that price....and, what kind of rifle are you looking for please?

we saw the same thing back in 1994...ammo. firearms and accessories such as magazine tripled in cost. It's ridiculous that FN SCAR 17 magazines are commanding in $200 ea...it's insanity that people are buying them at that price. The price gouging will stop when people refuse to pay the price...REVOLT! :)

I bought 9mm here at Christmas time for 11.99 a box. Today it is 16.99. I know it's supply and demand but it still ticks me off.

Hey Fire...yep, the FNX9 MSRP is $699.00...even I could not sell it for $550.00...I could sell it for $570.00 but I could not cover shipping it to you for that price....and, what kind of rifle are you looking for please?

I think I'm going to purchase the rest of my firearms privately. I may make an exception for the FNX9 because of the price at the store for $550 but I don't want another handgun.

Rifle wise, scar 16/17 or colt le 901...neither are going for less than 5K now...

I think I'm going to purchase the rest of my firearms privately. I may make an exception for the FNX9 because of the price at the store for $550 but I don't want another handgun.

Rifle wise, scar 16/17 or colt le 901...neither are going for less than 5K now...

Hi Fire...yep, private can be the way to go...both the Scar and the Colt are very fine rifles...

The only reason I ever go to Hyatts is to kick the tires. I've never found them to be competitive.

Thats about the only reason we go into Goose Poo, or the Basshole Shops, they are a solid $100 or more higher than anyone else, the new Kimber I just got recently, had a msrp of $1330. at Goose it was $1399. and at the BAS it was $1379, I was out the door from my local gun guy for $1150...........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back