How well the media can twist the minds of sheep.

S&WM&P40

So I got in a conversation yesterday with my mother in-law, who many of you know has been anti gun for many years.

We talked about gun Control, she said there is no need for the fully auto kind of rifle used in the CT school shooting.

I asked her what she meant, she said the black rifle. I looked at her and started laughing..

Because of the media reporting that AR15s can shoot almost full auto with 200+ rounds a minute etc..

She was under the impression that they can in fact shoot that fast and we shouldn't own them for that reason.

I then explained to her that they are NOT fully auto weapons they are semi auto. You get one bullet for each trigger pull.

Long story short she was shocked that the media would twist the facts to support their claims.

She then said she has no problem with people owning them now that she knows the truth.

She is even allowing me to carry concealed in her house, for the first time in seven years...

It's what we have to do, educate everyone one step at a time. The next step is to get them comfortable being around guns. The fact she allows you to CC in her home is great! It just reinforces that guns are safe when handled properly.

Yep, it's the same reason the media keeps calling them " Assault weapon" over and over again. They say that and "Military-Style Assault Weapons" to make it sound even scarier. When all they're talking about is a simple "semi-automatic rifle".

Please educate as many people as you can. The media obviously as an agenda.

I've heard politicians say more than once that an assailant can "spray" his targets with a semi-auto, as if discharging an AR is like shooting water at your car from a garden hose. They're going solely on what they see in movies, the old gangster films showing a guy with a tommy gun efficiently killing a dozen of his enemies with it in full auto.
I'd like to set up twenty mannequins at seven yards, hand Chuck Schumer an AR15, even in semi-auto, and say 'here, Chucky - spray away!". And see how many big scarey magazines he has to empty to score one hit on each dummy using the rapid fire "spray technique".

My Monster inlaw is the same about carring in her house. So we no longer go over there. I told her if my fun is not welcomed then nether is my family!

Outstanding

I find myself educating sheeple in occasion because they really don't know any better.

Went as far as showing people pictures of a Ruger Mini Thirty compared to an AR15 and asked which one is more deadly. You already know the answer...

My Monster inlaw is the same about carring in her house. So we no longer go over there. I told her if my fun is not welcomed then nether is my family!

We have hated each other for years, because unlike other family members and her other daughters BF. I don't take her crap, I tell her how it is. The rest put up with her crap, and walk on eggs shells around her so as to not upset her.

We have not gone over there for years, due to her childish ways. She invited us to Thanksgiving and when I offered to help she said no. Then she came out and complained that no one helped her, we are not getting enough, no one is doing the dishes etc...

Her views on guns have put us at odds for years. She seems to be coming around on that issue. So maybe she is finally growing up.

Media indoctrination is only the symptom of our real problem. Our unbelievable ignorance about our government, economy, culture, and history makes us prime targets for media indoctrination. Our greed and indolence make us and prime candidates to be enslaved by the progressives.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back