How soon(if it happens) will the new AWB be put in place?

Will a new AWB be put in place?

• Total voters

S&WM&P40

With all the talk about losing gun rights and firearms all together I wanted to pick your brains. Do you see a new AWB taking place? How soon do you see it happening? If not in place before income tax time, do you think a firearm buying spree will happen?

If you don't think it will happen at all, please post why you feel this way. Or if you think it will happen but not to the extent that people claim, please post your feelings as to how you see it going down.

I for one am heading to the Gun Show this weekend and to Bass Pro Shop. I am going to seriously start Stocking Up on gear & ammo. While I am not 'paranoid' I am 'Very Concerned'. We are going to see some very Gun Un-Friendly things happen. Obama will simply 'ByPass' Congress and start issuing Executive Orders to the ATF and other Agencies under the guise of 'Reasonable' Regulation. Mark my words. Take action now.

I for one am heading to the Gun Show this weekend and to Bass Pro Shop. I am going to seriously start Stocking Up on gear & ammo. While I am not 'paranoid' I am 'Very Concerned'. We are going to see some very Gun Un-Friendly things happen. Obama will simply 'ByPass' Congress and start issuing Executive Orders to the ATF and other Agencies under the guise of 'Reasonable' Regulation. Mark my words. Take action now.

Agreed, going through Congress would just be an impediment. He'll just issue an edict through an unelected, unaccountable agency.

Yes, I think there will be another AWB. I hope I'm wrong though...

Timeline...? 1-2 years....

Firearms buying spree...? It's already started! Has been going on for a few years. Ruger made $118 million last quarter! Will there be another big push in profits after this election? Most definately! I'm going to pick another one up in a week or two... just for good measure.

An AWB would be the least of my worries though... I'd be be concerned about our fiscal snowball if I were you...

There is definitely a higher possibility for a gun ban now, but there is no need to freak out right now. Be prepared, but not paranoid.

Dont forget everyone was freaking out about this same issue 4 years ago and nothing happened.

There is definitely a higher possibility for a gun ban now, but there is no need to freak out right now. Be prepared, but not paranoid.

Dont forget everyone was freaking out about this same issue 4 years ago and nothing happened.

while I do agree somewhat He has nothing to loose now.

But as I have been saying all along, he was waiting for a second term before touching anything gun rights wise. He knew he stood little chance of a second term if he acted in the first. With nothing to lose after this term, I see every issue as fair game to him.

He's already made it clear he plans to do it, the when is all that's remaining, with another 4 years ahead of him I don't see why he wouldn't give it a few weeks for post-election up-roar to settle before implimemting his plans.

We can say thanks to all the 8diots that voted for Obama lama. Kiss your 2nd amendments rights goodbye.

I saw John Boehner on TV today. He said that as soon as the president sends him an AWB he will get it passed and back to the president for signature within a few hours.

What blows my mind is what will happen to all the employee's of Smith& Wesson, Ruger,Kimber StagArms, Colt, Remington etc... Most of the people who voted for him did so on his promise to fix the economy and bring back jobs, if he did get a AWB and the U.N arms treaty passed he would be putting thousands of people out of a job.

That's true, but he's had for years to align allies, and put anti gunners in key positions. Plus there's the fact the we know he doesn't need to get things approved, he just does things anyways!
It's almost a certainty that the AWB is coming back, he's said it himself. At that point all we can hope for is that it's the exact same one and not even more strict (because there's zero change of a less strict one). I'm actually used to having one in place being from MA, where it never went away. It doesn't actually stop anybody from having "assault weapons" just puts some stupid limits on the accessories. My bigger fear is that the next one won't have a built in suicide date like the original. Who know's if another president would repeal it or not? Fingers crossed I guess.

LOL, Well I was waiting till income tax time to buy my first AR-15, now My fear is I'll never get a chance to own one at all :frown:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back