How many ppl do this.

Joepev

Go to the range an quick draw your carry gun .every time i go to the range i draw an fire my carry gun at least 100 to 200 times weekly.An have my buddy time me how long it takes to draw an run atleast 5 to 10 rnds of 357 sig out of my glock 32c on a 6 inc target at 7 yards . ppl always ask what am i doing . they have no clue .I have bin doing this for about 2 yrs .

I haven't found a range yet that will allow "draw from a holster, quick or otherwise". The ranges we go to adhere to strict safety guidelines and that include all loaded weapons are to point down range in a safe direction at all times.

I'd be interested in seeing the liability insurance policy your range carries and a copy of the range release form.

I do practice drawing from the holster however. My pistol is unloaded when I do and usually in a room by myself.

You must have an inside line to a very good deal on ammo if you're running through 100-200 rounds of .357 Sig every week. Best prices I could find to feed my G33 was around $0.65 to $0.71 per round. According to the math, given 150 rounds @ $0.71 per round that comes out to $106 a week. Salty.

I always practice drawing and shooting while at the range, whether it's my carry gun or one of the others I'm practicing with that day. I also practice firing while advancing, retreating, advancing to cover, retreating to cover, exiting a vehicle under fire, firing from vehicle cover, firing from a vehicle, team advances, team retreating, team advancing to cover, team retreating to cover, team exit from vehicle under fire, team fire from vehicle cover, team fire from vehicle, basic communication during fire, reloads, malfunction drills, transistions from primary to secondary & back again, firing while prone, kneeling, while on back, sides, etc, etc.

I get some wierd looks, but I don't care.

Fast doesn't mean much if you're not accurate. Just saying cause I noticed you mentioned everything except hitting the target.

I practice shooting the ropes off the fair maiden tied to railroad tracks in case there isn't enough time to get there before the train does. I also practice turning and shooting a tiger leaping from a tree.

I deff get good deals on ammo .deff my dealer is very good freind im getting 357 sig ammo around 9 to 10 dollars a box but thats only cause he pays almost next to nothing for it .An as far as me hitting targets deff do .24/7 .an there is no written rules were i go to shoot .lol kinda go at your own risk .

I always practice drawing and shooting while at the range, whether it's my carry gun or one of the others I'm practicing with that day. I also practice firing while advancing, retreating, advancing to cover, retreating to cover, exiting a vehicle under fire, firing from vehicle cover, firing from a vehicle, team advances, team retreating, team advancing to cover, team retreating to cover, team exit from vehicle under fire, team fire from vehicle cover, team fire from vehicle, basic communication during fire, reloads, malfunction drills, transistions from primary to secondary & back again, firing while prone, kneeling, while on back, sides, etc, etc.

I get some wierd looks, but I don't care.

Now that right there is some funny stuff! LOL

When I get to go to the range, I practice drawing, shooting and hitting what I am aiming at.
Slow and Smooth; Smooth and Accurate; Accurate is fast; whereas - Slow is FAST!

The rest of the time practice is IDPA or IPSC... Soon to be Action Pistol. - Looking forward to the later. They say it will really help with accuracy.

Go to the range an quick draw your carry gun .every time i go to the range i draw an fire my carry gun at least 100 to 200 times weekly.An have my buddy time me how long it takes to draw an run atleast 5 to 10 rnds of 357 sig out of my glock 32c on a 6 inc target at 7 yards . ppl always ask what am i doing . they have no clue .I have bin doing this for about 2 yrs .

Don't practice doing it fast (you'll blow a hole in your foot eventually) practice doing it right.

You develop the muscle memory and your body will take care of the speed.

Fast doesn't mean much if you're not accurate. Just saying cause I noticed you mentioned everything except hitting the target.

Can I "like" this twice?

Well i have bin doing it for 2yrs an never shoot my foot off lol .an i agree with slow an smooth .my speed my be slower or faster then most .but if ya ever ask anybody who carries gun or watch them pull an fire there carry gun its kinda funny an scarey lol .or then agin ppl say im retarded for spending 850$ dollars on custome built leather hip an belt rig .lol ohh well .an yes i spent that much on my belt rig .but its like the batman belt .lol

I practice shooting the ropes off the fair maiden tied to railroad tracks in case there isn't enough time to get there before the train does. I also practice turning and shooting a tiger leaping from a tree.

Yea? Well... what size rope? Huh? If it's the real skinny stuff, well then I might be impressed. But if it's the real thick stuff like in the silent movies, then, that's no big deal... but the tiger?? Better get it on the first 10 shot's or you'll just tick him off and then you'll be sorry! :crazy_pilot:

Well i have bin doing it for 2yrs an never shoot my foot off lol .an i agree with slow an smooth .my speed my be slower or faster then most .but if ya ever ask anybody who carries gun or watch them pull an fire there carry gun its kinda funny an scarey lol .or then agin ppl say im retarded for spending 850$ dollars on custome built leather hip an belt rig .lol ohh well .an yes i spent that much on my belt rig .but its like the batman belt .lol

Intemperate thought here, but maybe you should have spent some of your "batman belt" money of communication skills and spelling lessons. Use spell check son!

I'm fortunate because I have a friend's property to shoot at and can set up any range I want and practice whatever I wish

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back