How Long Does Take To Get a Permit

boxers.forever

NRA Member
I live in Charlotte NC which is a Shall Permit State. I'm in Mecklenburg County. I took my ccw class back on April 10th. I called the Sheriff’s office to make the appointment to apply for the permit and the earliest they could get me in is May 27th. Does anyone know if Mecklenburg will take the full 90 days to issue the permit or will they do it faster?

hey I'm in Brunswick cty, honestly it isn't your sheriff's office that takes so long it's all the record places and the SBI. But I got my in about two months time, almost on the dot.

I dont know how they do things in NC. But in Michigan, we go to the county clerk, you send in your application, they give you a little sheet of paper, and it gives you a "rough time period" as to when it could be in. They were telling me at the Earliest Id receive mine in just 9 weeks, I believe I got mine in just under 6 weeks.

I filled out a basic information sheet at the police station and a few days latter they pulled into my drive and handed me my permit. Subsequent renewals have been just as quick. There are some advantages to living in NH.

I have mine for the state of Indiana. I have had one for years, so the renewal time from when I renew and the time it arrives is only about 3-4 weeks. I know a guy at work who applied for his permit(the 4 year not the lifetime) and it took about 10 weeks for him to get it. I don't know if it was because he was a first time applicant or what.

Took me 6 weeks in Tennessee. Some of my friends got it in 4. I think the general consensus in just about any state is 3-10 weeks.

Hi from San Bernardino County in California. It is taking about 4-6 month out here. Glad to here that there are place that take less time. Must be nice to have it personal deliver to you at your house. :biggrin::biggrin:

I live in Charlotte NC which is a Shall Permit State. I'm in Mecklenburg County. I took my ccw class back on April 10th. I called the Sheriff’s office to make the appointment to apply for the permit and the earliest they could get me in is May 27th. Does anyone know if Mecklenburg will take the full 90 days to issue the permit or will they do it faster?

I live in Granville County, NC and it took me a little over three weeks to get mine after applying. Like the one person said; it isn't the Sheriffs Office holding things up, it's all the background checks they have put your application through. Good luck and welcome to the concealed carry world. :pleasantry:

I live in Western NC and it took me the full 90 days, the woman at the Sheriff's Office said she has never seen so many people getting there CCW permit, and that the state is really backed up. When I was called to come pick mine up she told me that she had received something like 60 permits in that shipment from the SBI.

Idaho , 3-4 weeks

Washington non-resident 2 weeks

Oregon non-resident 10 days :dance3:

Still waiting on Utah :cool:

I'm in Vegas put it in today so I'll let you know when it comes but a friend just got his took about 3 weeks

Kent County Michigan. 2 1/2 months and still waiting. Supposed to get a response within 45-days. When I completed the process the County Clerk said it will take about 2-3 month and the Sheriffs office said 3-4 months. I guess they are really back logged with a lot of new CPL permits.

Jason

Kent County Michigan. 2 1/2 months and still waiting. Supposed to get a response within 45-days. When I completed the process the County Clerk said it will take about 2-3 month and the Sheriffs office said 3-4 months. I guess they are really back logged with a lot of new CPL permits.

Jason

Are you sure that is the reason for the delay? My Mi CPL took 30 days. It sounds like Kent County playing politics...

My Instructor said he talked to Utah and the lady in the office said they are getting10 times as many apps as they used to get

Are you sure that is the reason for the delay? My Mi CPL took 30 days. It sounds like Kent County playing politics...

I don't think they're playing politics. There was 6 people at the County Clerks office when I went to file and 3 people waiting at the Sheriffs Office for prints. I know where I went for the CPL class they produce 21 new CPL individuals per week and there's classes all over the place so it makes sense that they might actually be a little back logged, but I think 3-4 month is a little too much.

Jason

Just received a postcard from the Kent County Clerks Office in Michigan today advising me that my CPL is at their office ready to be picked up. 2 months and 25 days from the date I filed the paperwork. :biggrin:

Jason

I was living in Buffalo NY when I first got my permit (1993), and the waiting period, at that time, was an estimated 6-12 months. If memory serves me correct, I believe that I received my permit in 3-4 months. Just today, however, I took a friend down to the Pistol Permit Office, as he wished to get an application. He was advised to give the process 6-8 months. So, the times that people are talking about here, in this thread, seems pretty darned good, in contrast.

Nathan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back