How do you carry in your car?

ET

Banned
I keep my carry weapon always at my finger tips... I never lock it up.. when I get out of the car my EDC goes with me... when I get in the car, the weapon comes out of my holster and into the Uncle Mikes side kick.

i-fWQfvb9-L.jpg

I lost a neighbor and friend to a car jacking about 12 years ago... he did not carry... He left a wife and two young boys... when that happened, I took my EDC out of my body holster, and put in right next to my right hand.. although Im left handed.. a right hand access gives me much better range of motion from the divers side window to the passengers side window... having the weapon on the left with my arm and shoulder to the door stifles my range of motion using my left hand... when driving, usually your focus is on the road, and maybe be not as aware of your surrounding from the rear or the side when stopped, so from y point of view is that if I'm going to have chance at a threat while stopped. I need to get to it very quickly.. unless you use an appendix cross draw that does not effect your seatbelt.. a waist holster while seat belted in, my not be the best choice.... IM not suggesting to anyone to do what I do... everyone needs to be confident in the application, not just the presence of a weapon...

I put my firearm on in the morning, it doesn't come out of it's holster unless it needs too. I have no issues getting to it while seated.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Same as these guys. Carry the same way whether I am walking, riding the motorcycle, or driving. Saves trying to remember where to reach.

I lost a neighbor and friend to a car jacking about 12 years ago... he did not carry... He left a wife and two young boys... when that happened, I took my EDC out of my body holster, and put in right next to my right hand.. although Im left handed.. a right hand access gives me much better range of motion from the divers side window to the passengers side window... having the weapon on the left with my arm and shoulder to the door stifles my range of motion using my left hand... when driving, usually your focus is on the road, and maybe be not as aware of your surrounding from the rear or the side when stopped, so from y point of view is that if I'm going to have chance at a threat while stopped. I need to get to it very quickly.. unless you use an appendix cross draw that does not effect your seatbelt.. a waist holster while seat belted in, my not be the best choice.... IM not suggesting to anyone to do what I do... everyone needs to be confident in the application, not just the presence of a weapon...

Your gun is loose in the car? Or has it's own holster in the car?

I guess it was about time to have one of those car carry threads again.

My gun stays in my holster unless I have to use it. Pretty simple.

For all those that transition between an on-body and vehicle-mounted holster, make sure that vehicle-mounted holster has active retention. As I mentioned in the other car carry threads, everything that is not mounted properly becomes airborne during an accident. You don't want to get knocked out by your own weapon and/or lose access to it. You may actually need the gun after an accident to defend your life.

Having your gun mounted to the car instead to your self is also a good way to forget it in the car. The same goes for handbag carry.

I guess it was about time to have one of those car carry threads again.

My gun stays in my holster unless I have to use it. Pretty simple.

For all those that transition between an on-body and vehicle-mounted holster, make sure that vehicle-mounted holster has active retention. As I mentioned in the other car carry threads, everything that is not mounted properly becomes airborne during an accident. You don't want to get knocked out by your own weapon and/or lose access to it. You may actually need the gun after an accident to defend your life.

Having your gun mounted to the car instead to your self is also a good way to forget it in the car ( If you are forgetful ). The same goes for handbag carry.
Thank you so much for your concern.. I've been doing this for 40 years, getting in and out of the car, bring my weapon with me is like putting on my pants in the morning... holster in the car is mounted to the car... and at easy access. IM an Automotive Design Engineer.. everything I do is with the idea of form, fit, and function.. This mount,... and easy access, which I have used to defend myself in the past, could not be more perfect in its application. I really wasn't asking for someone to critique my automotive carry. The thread was about how you carry... I don't care how anyone carries, it was just a topic of discussion..
If I had to search through years of previously posted threads, no one would post anything.... I apologize if this has been played out.. I was not privy to a former thread on the subject.. The idea of having access to defend yourself, includes easy access.. I find it hard to believe that anyone who has a weapon in their belt holster has easy access to it with a seat belt wrapped around their waist and cinched up and locked as it should be.

I would never use a defensive carry that required that you unzip, unlock, unbutton, unsnap.

Thank you so much for your concern.. I've been doing this for 40 years, getting in and out of the car, bring my weapon with me is like putting on my pants in the morning... holster in the car is mounted to the car... and at easy access.

My comments are not only directed at you, but also at others that might read this Forum. Don't take it too personally. Since I have been in several car accidents, I speak from experience when I tell you that the gun should be in a retention holster. Otherwise, it will likely fly out of the holster.

IM an Automotive Design Engineer.. everything I do is with the idea of form, fit, and function.. This mount,... and easy access, which I have used to defend myself in the past, could not be more perfect in its application. I really wasn't asking for someone to critique my automotive carry.

This is an Internet Forum, you will receive critique. Deal with it.

The thread was about how you carry... I don't care how anyone carries, it was just a topic of discussion..

So you start a discussion, but don't care about anyone else's opinion?

If I had to search through years of previously posted threads, no one would post anything.... I apologize if this has been played out.. I was not privy to a former thread on the subject..

That's actually not your fault, but the fault of most Internet forums not being able to search for 3-letter words. If you search for 'car' in this Forum, you don't get any results back. Search for 'vehicle' and you get a few results back.

The idea of having access to defend yourself, includes easy access.. I find it hard to believe that anyone who has a weapon in their belt holster has easy access to it with a seat belt wrapped around their waist and cinched up and locked as it should be.

There are different methods to deal with this issue, especially when carrying concealed:

I would never use a defensive carry that required that you unzip, unlock, unbutton, unsnap.

Do you carry concealed outside the vehicle? If so then you have to take the extra action required to retrieve the gun from under concealment.

Do you carry concealed outside the vehicle? If so then you have to take the extra action required to retrieve the gun from under concealment.
What????? extra action??? are you crazy??? do you really hav fe a license to carry?? Are you old enough??? I don't care if it takes ten actions when I don't need to draw my weapon... what a stupid argument... I can not believe the level of maturity and the argumentative approach found here...

Let me explain it to you like you are a 8 year old.. moving my weapon from my car to my carry holster is not an issue... the issue is when you need to get to your weapon in a hurry that unzipping , unbuttoning, or unsnapping becomes a issue.. why do I have to explain such rudimentary aspect of carrying to people who claim to be grown ups... seems like a boys club to me.. just like the reviews I found about this forum...

Hard to find a grown up discussion here... too many kids with internet access playing G.I. Joe... or Tactical Tom the SWAT guy.

I don't unzip, unbutton, unsnap anything, when accessing my weapon out side of the car...

i-2Xf7L26-XL.jpg

i-GJJkQn5-XL.jpg

i-KHgrNqR-XL.jpg

Nice trigger discipline...goes right along with your "don't depend on shot placement" bull**** and your made up term "kinetic shock."

Navy...he must be a gun shop employee...or from THR hah!

Hard to find a grown up discussion here... too many kids with internet access playing G.I. Joe... or Tactical Tom the SWAT guy.

You are exactly right, for once, E-T. A prime example of one of the most childish rants I have read on this forum follows:

What????? extra action??? are you crazy??? do you really hav fe a license to carry?? Are you old enough??? I don't care if it takes ten actions when I don't need to draw my weapon... what a stupid argument... I can not believe the level of maturity and the argumentative approach found here...

Let me explain it to you like you are a 8 year old.. moving my weapon from my car to my carry holster is not an issue... the issue is when you need to get to your weapon in a hurry that unzipping , unbuttoning, or unsnapping becomes a issue.. why do I have to explain such rudimentary aspect of carrying to people who claim to be grown ups... seems like a boys club to me.. just like the reviews I found about this forum...

How do I carry in my car? Same way I carry on my motorcycle, or when walking, or canoeing, or fishing, or, etc, etc. Air Marshal III shoulder holster.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back