Homeowner with Gun captures two escapee murderers

niceshootintex

Homeowner and neighbor catch two Corrections Officer's killers, never fire a shot, potentially save lives, and serve up justice. What good citizens with legal firearms can and will do. Two murdering scum back to jail because of the 2A freedoms of two conscientious Americans.

Tenn. homeowner, neighbor hold escaped Ga. inmates at gunpoint until authorities arrive | WGXA

The Place To Be

Nicely done. Some places and folks just aren't healthy for these chuds and lawbreakers.

I suppose some anti-gun group will protest that the homeowner used a fully automatic Glock1911AR15 with a high capacity magazine clip though, or some lardbottom politically appointed chief of police who forgot what it means to be a cop will caution against "taking the law into your own hands".

Good show homeowner.

"With the men now in custody, authorities will soon sort out their extradition to Georgia and also the future of a reward that rose from $60,000 to $130,000 as the days passed.

'Maybe a lot of people are getting a reward out of this,' Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn told reporters."

Why would "a lot of people" be getting a reward out of this? Seems to this observer that only the two who actually captured them deserve the reward, which presumably any and all LEOs involved in the hunt wouldn't be eligible for even if they had captured them, right?

It's interesting what Link Removed about the capture:

“Earlier tonight, with the assistance of our law enforcement partners in Tennessee, dangerous fugitives were captured and taken into custody,” said Deal. "Rest assured, justice will be served. My sincere thanks to our local, state and federal law enforcement officers who assisted in the manhunt. Because of their tireless efforts, the public is safe. The pain endured by the families and loved ones of Sergeant Christopher Monica and Sergeant Curtis Billue endures, however. We will do everything in our power to support their loved ones, and we will not forget their sacrifice and service.”

Absolutely false, Gov. Deal. It's because of two citizens that have nothing to do with law enforcement that the public is now safe from these two miscreants, but "the public" is hardly "safe" in any general sense of the word because of law enforcement in any case. My personal feelings about law enforcement aside, Deal is detestable for not acknowledging the non-sworn citizens who made the actual capture here. And further, he should guarantee in a public statement that they will split the whole $130,000 reward.

I was prompted to go looking for such a statement after reading a short post on another forum that said the homeowner/neighbor were being denied the reward because it was actually cops who made the arrest and took them back into the system. There was not a link substantiating that claim in the post, so I went looking for substantiation. So far, it's very ambiguous at best how much, if any, the non-sworn citizens will receive of the reward. Both GA and TN governments and/or their law enforcement agencies should state clearly and in public what the disbursement of the reward, if any, will look like. It should look like only two checks cut for the homeowner/neighbor for $65,000 bucks each, period.

Blues

Aaaaand as per usual, everybody, myself included, has jumped the gun (no pun intended) on believing the fake news about what actually happened here. The citizen whose driveway the two murderers surrendered in held a press conference yesterday (Friday, 6/16/17). Here it is in its entirety:

Praise the Lord.
0cfc913111e8b54913a8edff5d183cd9.gif

Blues

Thanks for posting the homeowner's testimony. :)

I would like to see a picture of this guy's car.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Blacked out Crown Vic?

The Place To Be
Don't know. Most of the LEO vehicles in my area are Dodge Chargers and a few Ford Explorers. Once in a while a left-over Crown Vic. Some civilians drive former police cars that are painted over but still have their searchlights attached.

Coulda just been a late(r) model white, silver, grey, brown or blue Chevy Impala. Search Google Images (or ~equivalent) for "common police cars) and at least five or six cars and three or four SUVs show up in variations or combinations of those colors. Chargers show up, Explorers show up, Impalas show up, Crown Vics show up, Tahoes show up, even Mustangs and Interceptors (Ford) and some pickup trucks show up. Just a cursory glance suggests that Impalas and Crown Vics are the most common, but no matter what Mr. Hale's make/model, I think he was just taking a wild guess about that anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back