Homemade Kydex holster

Acasper708

I figured I would post this to encourage any one that was thinkin about making their own holster!
I have a Kahr and don't have many options for holsters. So I decided I would make my own and whip some up for friends. It's very easy and fun. I bought all me stuff through Knifekits.com
My press is just made of MDF wood that was laying around and use a old toaster over to heat the Kydex.
My Kahr CW45
eparypap.jpg

u6a8ajur.jpg

Here's a 1911 w/ IWB clips on it
Link Removed
Link Removed
Here's a Kahr CM9
Link Removed
Glock
Link Removed
Sig p227
Link Removed
M&P 40
Link Removed
Even a knife!
Link Removed

When u heat up the Kydex to 350deg you need to do it gradually and also it's best to block the heat coil in the toaster with tin foil so the Kydex doesn't get direct heat. If so it will shrink.
I use .060 Kydex.

If you have any Q?s then ask away.

Ty for the post I have been wanting to get in to making kydex for about a yr now

Sent from my SPH-M830 using USA Carry mobile app

I purchased several of the kits from Old Faithful and made my own custom holsters. The kydex can be heated over and over until you get it exactly as you want it.

Bobby

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very nice keep up the good work. Check out phillyedc on YouTube, his how to's and clinics are great for any level of kydex maker.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I whiped up this today.
Link Removed
Link Removed
I really like it!!
More than my leather/Kydex IWB.
The leather/Kydex is very comfortable but I don't like it when I disarm. Reholstering my CW45 can be sketchy since it doesn't have a safety!
With this I remove the holster with the gun.

I whiped up this today.
Link Removed
Link Removed
I really like it!!
More than my leather/Kydex IWB.
The leather/Kydex is very comfortable but I don't like it when I disarm. Reholstering my CW45 can be sketchy since it doesn't have a safety!
With this I remove the holster with the gun.

Interesting, it's flat on one side? Did you press it with only one side of foam?

A few I made yesterday after work. If I can sell 50 more of these I can buy my rifle hah

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Yea. I used foam on one side so the flat side would be flush for my clip.
I really like how comfortable my leather/Kydex one is. But I don't like how you got to drop trow to put the holster on and reholstering is sketchy.
This is way more convenient.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back