holster for women

Kellylebig

What is the best holster for women? Leery of keeping it in my purse.

Depending on what firearm you carry, my wife and several other ladies I know use a flash bang bra holster. It's great for warmer weather and easier to conceal in form fitting clothes.

My wife uses a belly-band. Four inches wide, wraps around the abdomen just above the belt line and secures with velcro. Adjusts to any size waist. Can be used both right and left. Holds her LC9 in tight. She's 125 lbs. and the gun doesn't print even wearing tight sweaters. To draw just pull-up the shirt.

My wife has always been a good shooter, enjoyed taking training courses with me, and has had her permission slip almost as long as I have in this state (over 20 years), but she hated the options that I could give her for carrying, so therefore, she rarely did for most of those years. So a few years ago I just ran across a video of a young woman telling her story of learning to carry. I subscribed to her channel and turned my wife loose on it one day, and now she has more ways to carry than I do, and never leaves the house without a weapon on her person. Having been the victim of a purse snatching, she has never considered that an option. So anyway, here's a decent video from that young lady's YouTube channel about her search for various kinds of holsters. She has others too. Just click on the channel name (faliaphotography) and surf her videos. There are several about the challenges females face in carrying. Enjoy!

She also has a blog called Failia's Reviews now. It's not totally about guns and such, but there's a lot of gun content in there, all very female-centric in its presentation.

It is going to be hard to find a one style fits all. Other than jeans, most ladies slacks don't have belt loops, so OWB & IWB is OUT. That pretty much leaves a bra or belly ban type holster.

I have a Glock 19 and bought an IWB holster. Its not so bad now during the colder weather but am worried that when it gets warmer that it wont be very concealed. Has anyone found a shoulder holster that was comfortable? I ride a motorcycle and I dont think the IWB is a good choice for the summer. Any ideas?
Que

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back