hollow points

Joepev

Im from south jeresy .we are allowed to have hollow points at home an range .now if i go to pa or delware can i take them an use them .i find a lot of bull crap lil laws an what not .anybody have any hard facts for me .

It is illegal for you to possess/transport the hollow point ammunition to a gun range. Here is the exception in New Jersey state law:

(2)a. Nothing in subsection f.(1) shall be con-strued to prevent a person from keeping such ammunition at his dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, or from carry-ing such ammunition from the place of purchase to said dwelling or land, nor shall subsection f.(1) be construed to prevent any licensed retail or wholesale firearms dealer from possessing such ammunition at its licensed premises, provided that the seller of any such ammunition shall maintain a record of the name, age and place of residence of any purchaser who is not a li-censed dealer, together with the date of sale and quantity of ammunition sold.

Where is the exception in New Jersey statutes for a range? Nothing prohibits you from buying, possessing and using the ammo in Pennsylvania or Delaware.

KCD1974:280188 said:
SOOOOOOO VERY HAPPY I don't live on the East or West Coast.....I never have to ask these questions.

I live on the west coast and don't ask these questions either.

Believe it or not we can use them in Massachusetts. You would think most states would rather you use hollow points because there designed to slow down inside the body and not make an exit hole. Unlike the FMJ if you shoot someone it will pass through that person and possibly hit someone else killing them. So in a case like that the 1st shooting is justifiable but the bullet passed through killing a innocent person your screwed! Say good. bye to your firearms and your ability to buy and carry one for the rest of your life. Ohh did I mention you getting sued and some jail time. So on that note I will always carry personal protection ammo. Sorry for my long post I've been up since 2am (est) so tired.

I'm from NJ was in VA for 10 years and now in FLA for 16 years. I remember when I was in VA there was a case of a member of the VA National Guard traveling through NJ on either the GSP or NJTP and he had car trouble. Police stopped to check on him and found a handgun with hollow points , he was arrested and charged. Made the papers in VA but never heard the outcome of the case. Also he was traveling thru NJ for National Guard duty headed up to Mass. if I recall. Glad there's no reason for me to go back to the Garden State!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back