Hide Your Gun In Plain Sight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I didn't see that when I replied to him, but that's something I'm just not in the habit of checking. I admit I'm somewhat surprised to see this. Although I considered Blueshell horribly misguided and even delusional, he wasn't nearly as abusive as some other members have been around here lately. There's been some seriously deep loathing and hostility of the type that would make Heinrich Himmler proud in some threads around here of late. It's not exactly a revelation to see that in internet forums, but I confess I'm a little surprised to see it tolerated here. Or at least so far anyway.

Yep, I've watched that too. You've done a much better job of avoiding real rule-breaking kinds of discourse than I could even contemplate, so that's all I've done is watched.

I'm still not convinced that Blueshell is actually banned. More than a month ago I got a PM warning (not from Luke) for using the word "idiot" in one post with a thinly-veiled threat of being banned if I were to ignore the warning. My reply to that warning was to list all the instances of Blueshell using that exact word in this thread, which numbered nearly 20 back then (probably more now), and I got a bit indignant about the warning of one use of the word considering that it seemed like selective enforcement when compared against Blueshell's ubiquitous, nearly daily use of the word. He didn't get banned for that, though I imagine he did get warned because, though I don't care to go looking for new-since-then-instances of using it, he at least slowed way down since then. When I saw the "Banned" label under his nick this morning I reviewed his recent posting history and didn't see anything vulgar or more vitriolic than he's been throughout this thread, so that's why I'm skeptical about it.

Doesn't matter though really. Whether banned or not, now that I've called into question the reality of that possible ban, he likely wouldn't come back under that same name anyway. And if he was really banned and wanted to keep pushing buttons around here, he'd also just re-register under a different name and pick up right where he left off. No one will ever convince me that that's not exactly what Treo did even though he wasn't ever banned.

Blues

And no one has given you the authority to substitute your definition for that which the founders gave us.
I'm using the founder's definition. I'm going off of their own words. You keep saying I'm using some other definition but I'm taking the Founder's own words directly off the Declaration Of Independence.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. ..."

Webster: Simple Definition of unalienable
": impossible to take away or give up"

If the right to life were impossible to take away from you, then you can't die in a car accident, or from being shot, or drown, or an industrial chemical spill, or a nuke being dropped on your city in a time of war. You couldn't commit suicide, either, as you couldn't willingly give up your right to life.

~ People can and are killed every day. That proves the right to life is alienable, not unalienable. You do have a right to life, it's just alienable, and thus not a Natural Right. Your right to life is a Civil Right.

If the right to Liberty were impossible to take away from you, then you could never be incarcerated, kidnapped or drafted....

Blueshell%20Banned.jpg

There was a poster who used to frequent this site that placed the "Banned" label under his user-name within his Profile options just to trick someone into celebrating his banishment so he could come back later and call them a liar. That someone was me, but the trickster wasn't near as smart as he thought he was because I took a screenshot of one of his posts before taking notice of his "ban" and outed him as the actual liar instead. He has never posted since that day, at least not under the name he was using at the time.

For that reason, I'm always suspicious of bans now, so I'm posting this only as a question to Luke or the other mod (sorry, don't recall his name) if Blueshell has really been banned or not? If no one in the know wishes to answer that question, that's fine because the above screenshot will serve the same purpose as the one in the link above served in that instance if Blueshell is trying to trick someone.

If it's no trick though, adios Blueshell. I pray you get the help you need.

Blues
I've never changed the settings on my user title. ProTip: if you want to know if someone's actually banned, open the Community drop-down tab and click on Member List. Banned members will not appear on that list. A screen shot of a member appearing on that list with "banned" under their name is prof they're just playing games.

If you think someone is up to something it's best to just report it. Admin can see who changes what in their profile and when, you can't. There was either some kind of technical error on the admin/mod side or you think your Paint skills are pro.

See that's something you did, as you said. I, however, don't need such cheap tricks to make my argument, I have facts with supporting links.

My reply to that warning was to list all the instances of Blueshell using that exact word in this thread, which numbered nearly 20 back then (probably more now), and I got a bit indignant about the warning of one use of the word considering that it seemed like selective enforcement when compared against Blueshell's ubiquitous, nearly daily use of the word.

BluesStringer, you're in luck, there happens to be a mechanism to handle this type of situation! Link Removed

Worry more about yourself and less about others. Blue just got a vacation, nothing permanent.

Boy, I called that one right didn't I?
Evidently I was suspended for something. News to me. I have no PMs or e-mail about it, this forum doesn't offer the user the ability to view their infraction history, I haven't been here in a few days...I have literally no idea. We may disagree on this one sub-sub-topic but we both love the RKBA and I'm here to tell ya I have no idea what happened.

Best to stick to the topic so you only have to endure being wrong on one thing at a time :)

JMO but I don't see the point. My guns are either under my direct control or they're locked up. I carry from the time I get dressed until I get undressed at night. Should I need a gun I used the one I'm carrying.

BTW I'm ecstatic that this forum finally got a moderator maybe this place won't be so much of an echo chamber going forward

BluesStringer, you're in luck, there happens to be a mechanism to handle this type of situation! Link Removed

The only "situation" I ever mentioned to you or anybody else is the selective enforcement of the rules that I ended up on the short end of the stick of by a ratio of 17:1 based only on the exact same word you warned me for using in one post. The "situation" I raised with you didn't even take into account the multitudinous instances of profanity by the same poster in just this one thread alone, something which I also mentioned to you, and which I do even less often than the one post I got warned for.

Besides that, the Report Post link doesn't do any good anyway. I don't know if nobody reads 'em, or if it's just that nobody cares, but I'd be pretty surprised if I was the only one to report this post a couple of weeks ago where one of the most vulgar words in the American English language was posted in a graphic so that it couldn't be auto-censored, and that graphic is still there, and not-so-coincidentally, the serial troll who posted it is still allowed to troll unabated, and does exactly that nearly every time he posts.

Worry more about yourself and less about others.

And that is exactly the attitude that comes through when using the Report Post link that you recommend above gets no results.

I am more worried about myself than others in this specific instance. That's exactly why I point out the inconsistencies and unfairness of being "moderated" for such trivialities as one post with the word "idiot" in it while blatant and egregious violations are brought to your attention and even the graphic with the vulgarity on it wasn't deleted, much less the poster who posted it being disciplined or banned for posting it.

Blue just got a vacation, nothing permanent.

So did his forced "vacation" cause the "Banned" label to be placed under his user name, or did he put it there himself? And if he didn't put it there and wasn't really banned, then why put the label there at all?

I replaced the label under my name with "Not Banned....Yet." If engaging a moderator in a critical, but nonetheless polite fashion is a ban-able offense, then I guess the words there will be shortened to just "Banned" so the rest of y'all will know what the new, but as-yet unwritten, rules are.

Later,

Blues

So it would seem that your "vacation" has taught you nothing...
Still using demeaning and unbecoming phrasing I see...
Just gotta push don't ya?
What vacation? I don't check this forum every day. I've PM'd the mods for clarification but they are silent.

To this very moment I have no idea what happened.

JMO but I don't see the point. My guns are either under my direct control or they're locked up. ...
Exactly my thinking, though I used other phrasing, but to the same effect.

A 'tissue box' casually left on a coffee table is not under your direct control. Anyone can access it, and that's unacceptable; that's how children get access to firearms, have an incident, and give anti-gun more ammo.

So did his forced "vacation" cause the "Banned" label to be placed under his user name, or did he put it there himself? And if he didn't put it there and wasn't really banned, then why put the label there at all?

It's different on different forums.

On S&W forum it says "Suspended" on THR it used to say "Member" if you were banned ans "Jr./Sr. Member" if you were active but folks figured it out so now it says "Member" for every one

Exactly my thinking, though I used other phrasing, but to the same effect.

A 'tissue box' casually left on a coffee table is not under your direct control. Anyone can access it, and that's unacceptable; that's how children get access to firearms, have an incident, and give anti-gun more ammo.

Just so there's no mistake I agree with you 100%. This is an incredibly irresponsible way to store a weapon. If for some reason my weapon isn't on my person it's on the coffee table next to my chair. If the kids and grandkids come over it goes back on my person or gets locked up.

Under no circumstance does it get left in a cheap plastic Kleenex box.

I suspect this product is a lawsuit looking that hasn't happened yet.

Blueshell%20Banned.jpg

There was a poster who used to frequent this site that placed the "Banned" label under his user-name within his Profile options just to trick someone into celebrating his banishment so he could come back later and call them a liar. That someone was me, but the trickster wasn't near as smart as he thought he was because I took a screenshot of one of his posts before taking notice of his "ban" and outed him as the actual liar instead. He has never posted since that day, at least not under the name he was using at the time.

For that reason, I'm always suspicious of bans now, so I'm posting this only as a question to Luke or the other mod (sorry, don't recall his name) if Blueshell has really been banned or not? If no one in the know wishes to answer that question, that's fine because the above screenshot will serve the same purpose as the one in the link above served in that instance if Blueshell is trying to trick someone.

If it's no trick though, adios Blueshell. I pray you get the help you need.

Blues

Wow, still butt hurt after all these years. I think Blueshell isn't the one who needs help.

Bye now.

Wow, still butt hurt after all these years. I think Blueshell isn't the one who needs help.

Bye now.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA......

Simply explaining the reason for my skepticism that Blueshell was ever really banned is not the same as being "butt hurt" by you, the person whose actions "all those years ago" proved the prescience and prudence of that skepticism.

Still haven't learned to tell the truth after all these years, eh Cypher...er...umm...Treo?

Hilarious.

Blues

BluesStringer, you are free to PM me if you have any moderation related questions.

I'm going to close this thread as it is now far, far off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back