Hi point carbine

agrippakc

I have talked trash about hi point pistols and carbines. They looked like garbage and I figured for the price they had to suck. Well I recently recieved a combo pistol/carbine and went and shot them today. After some tweaking of the fully adjustable sights I have come to the conclusion that everyone should give them another look. Deadly accurate and reliable. I take back every bad thing I have said about them.

Every hipoint I have handled/used has performed just as well as every other brand, including S&W, Remington, Ruger, Kimber, Glock, etc.... Just because they are ugly (in fact, I dont think they could be ANY uglier than they already are, they must have taken years to perfect the ugliness) and quite heavy, they WORK... Isnt that what, when you get down to the very reason for the existence of a firearm, what you want it to do?

4jorr6_th.jpg
No thank you.

I wouldn't carry my Hi-point 9mm, but I wouldn't sell it either. It works... every time, and it's about indestructible. Great car gun, and a good example to students of a gun they probably don't want to carry.

I've used the Hi-point 9mm carbine, and it's a sweet shooter. I'd get one... but I need another rifle like I need another hole in my head. :) And I like pistols better anyway.

Don't like them? No problem... don't buy one.

Hi-Point weapons are improving in quality quite a bit. Would it be my carry peice, no. Would I use their pistols as vehicle weapons, yes. Would I use their carbines as plinkers and BoB guns, sure.

They wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd sure as hell feel better with one than have nothing.

I have the 9mm carbine and it goes bang when I pull the trigger, and also hits what I aim it at if I do my part. It even shot some pretty crappy looking ammo I wouldn't want to cycle in my handguns.

When I first got the urge to get an AR, I found them to be too expensive at the time. So instead for my 1st. long gun I purchased the 9mm Carbine. Was the best thing I could have done. I got plenty of training time on it, & it prepared me for the eventual puchase of an AR.
Ammo is cheap, & it does go "BANG" every time.
I recently sold it on Armslist for what I paid for it, & I still get inquiries.
I too wish they would improve the looks of their guns, but as far as performance & price, they can't be beat.
My brother has the 45 ACP "Boat Anchor", & it is BUTT UGLY. Being so heavy, it shoots as well as any 1911 I've shot.
So while Hi-Point is not a prestige gun, I would recommend it if you have a tight budget.
After all, any gun is better than no gun !

Interesting discussion so far. A lot of discussion on the pistol, I'm here about the carbine; the pistol shoots great and is now my B.O.B. pistol. I ordered the updated tactical stock from hi-point ($40 with free shipping), I also ordered the compensator ($15). I got it all put together and it looks like a Yugo that went into a garage came back as a mustang... the terrible '80s Mustang, but a Mustang none the less. I took it up to the range to sight in the spare reflex sight I put on it. After I got it adjusted I was holding my own with the kel-tec in the stall next to me. After we got done shooting we both stepped out of our stalls and shook hands and laughed. We had the Zombie splatter targets and we playing dueling carbines trying to match eachother shot for shot taking turns. I don't blame the Kel-tec for the shooter missing a couple of the shots... but I kept up with him shot for shot. My friend just bought the 9mm carbine from hi-point this weekend at the gun show for cheap. The mag release button is broken but we can still get it to work. We might still send it in for a hi-point free refurb. but the update stock will fix anything that is wrong with it I think. If it doesn't then it goes in for a FREE once over and parts replacement.

Shot the.40 carbine today.I can say it was very accurate. Hardly any recoil. If you need a rifle think about checking it out

Hipoint C9

I bought the C9 a few months ago and discovered its a realible firearm. It's as accurate as my Berretta. I'm glad I didn't listen to the gun snobs.

OP: I have a 9mm and 40 SW carbine, while taking them apart takes a lot more effort than on my CX4 they shoot very easily and are fairly accurate. Have you had any feed jams?

OP: I have a 9mm and 40 SW carbine, while taking them apart takes a lot more effort than on my CX4 they shoot very easily and are fairly accurate. Have you had any feed jams?

Anything with a flat nose will sometimes, and I really mean SOMETIMES, misfeed. Just like my GI 1911. It's running like 2 times per 1000 and it was tulammo. Round nose goes through all day long. If there is a feed problem check your mag. If you got it used or have had it for years, it might be time for a new one. I would call hi-point and see if you can send the mag back for replacement... if not then they are only $18 at hi-point.net and that includes shipping. Also, don't worry about total take down (unless you are shooting something like tulammo, clean what you can and when it starts having issues send it back to hi-point and let them deal with it. LOL Also with the tactical stock it comes apart a lot easier.

UPDATE: It started jamming on me and I looked into it. 1) The magazines I had were going bad, one spring broke completely and the other is getting tired, $18 from hi-point fixed that. 2) The ramps were painted and that has a lot to do with the feed problems. A little polishing compound and viola! it feeds like butter.

UPDATE: It started jamming on me and I looked into it. 1) The magazines I had were going bad, one spring broke completely and the other is getting tired, $18 from hi-point fixed that. 2) The ramps were painted and that has a lot to do with the feed problems. A little polishing compound and viola! it feeds like butter.

Glad you fixed it.

Seems a little early for mags to go bad?

I bought it used. The carbine was older and more "used" than the pistol and that was the magazine that failed. I have figured out that the .40 S&W magazine is the same as my 1911 mags and I am busy converting my 13 round extended magazine into a hi point carbine. I will keep you updated. If it works then it is on to modifying a 30 round magazine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back