Here come the chips

It's not like someone could sit in a room in DC and click "find this gun." At best, they'd have to drive a vehicle within a few hundred feet. And then, RFID is easily defeated with a simple thin metal barrier. (See RFID-blocking wallets.) The RFID chip couldn't be inside the metal structure of the weapon for that reason; which means it would either have to be on the outside of the weapon, or inside the handle under plastic grips. In that case, just remove it if it's on the outside, or look for what is about to be a new industry of RFID-blocking grips. (Hey, I just read the whole article, and look at that, that's what the US distributor recommends.)

If I had a choice between two performance-identical weapons, one with RFID and one without, I would pick the one without. But I will make my purchase decision with that being the very last determinant. If the RFID-equipped weapon is absolutely the one I want, with the second-place being even slightly distant, I'll pick the RFID-equipped, then remove/block the RFID chip.

Are you for real? Allowing it to happen in the first place is absurd... Yikes...

I was commenting solely on the gun company choosing to do this. I don't see this happening as a government-mandated thing at all. Biometric safeties fell away, this won't get traction either. I still think it's amazing people still claim Obama is out to destroy gun rights, when he hasn't done one thing to limit gun rights, even when the Dems controlled House, Senate, and White House.

Why? Because the Dems now know that nationwide, there are too many Democrats out there now that believe firmly in gun rights (or at worst, are in districts that would vote them out if they supported gun control,) so things like that just won't fly. I mean, hell, the Dems HAD a super-majority for a short time, and still didn't get anything "drastically liberal" done!

When some left leaning liberal moonbat sees that the technology is available and has been implemented, he'll draft legislation and swear it will reduce gun crime... It could manage to become a state law. I could see Blooming idiot and his anti-gun crew in NY taking this one... No thanks... Another infringement...

As far as the democrats go... Keep supporting them and see how bad it gets.. Even the people in the 9th district of NY have seen through democratic BS and had enough of it..

I agree that Obama didn't get anything through Congress, but just look at his appointees, they are just as important as legislation.

BINGO!!! If you can't get it on the front end, get the back end covered. Judges seated for life who see the Constitution and Bill of Rights as a canvas for liberal interpretation.. A mere blotter to absorb the solvent portion of White-Out... No thanks... I know of one democrat who is pro gun here... He's also a champion for immigration reform... He's a democrat by title only...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back