Henry Lever Action .22 LR Opinions

BlackieChan

Does anyone have one of these? Does anyone have experience with HRA in general. I want to get a lever action .22 and would appreciate some opinions.

Thank you!

My father has one as well as many of his friends. They all love them. I've played with my father's quite a bit. Very nice quality firearm, I'm just not a big lever fan.

I bought a one for my son at a gun show and I love it. A very accurate and capable rifle. The best thing is that it will shoot short and long rifle ammo. Using CB ammo it is almost silent. Very handy if you need to dispose of any pests without disturbing the neighbors.

:pleasantry::pleasantry: I have had one for several years. Yes it is very durable. Mine has a wood stock. It is also reliable, accurate and of course very fun to shoot. I would recomend to anyone that is considering a 22 rifle to buy a Henry. Also their lifetime warranty cant be beat. It will fire shorts, longs, long rifle. It is safe to use 'Stingers' in it also. It is also grooved for a scope and easy to maintain. Would I ever buy another? :biggrin: Yes in a heartbeat. Need I say more?

I have had one for several years now. I love it. It is the best shooting 22 I have ever had with open sights. Once I put a scope on it it has become deadly accurate. My son and I have spent hours shooting it right off our front deck to take out those pesky soda cans as well as soda bottle caps at 75 ft. We also use the Henry to thin out our cat herd. Since warm weather has kinda gotten here, the wife has given the okay to start lowering the number of barn cats we have. Not a problem with the Henry up to 150 ft. w/ Yellow Jackets. One Shot, One Kill.

Alright alright, I've heard enough. I will definitely be getting a HRA lever action .22. Thanks all for the opinions, this was very helpful!

I like mine, it does pest control around the house. As said above with CB loads it's no louder than most pellet guns.

21ozewj.jpg

Nice shot too! Why are CB so much quieter than HP?

Their subsonic. When shot from a rifle they are very quiet when compared to a normal .22. CB's will not function properly in auto loading rifles which is why the lever action .22's are so cool. There are a few .22 rounds that have no powder and are propelled only by the primer. Those are very weak though and I would not try to shoot anything larger than a small mouse with it. I have found the CB's made by CCI to be the most reliable and has decent penetration. I have removed many stray cats with them without hearing protection.

I love mine. Out of all my 22's my Henry is my favorite. Fun gun, reliable, accurate and did I say fun!:biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back