Hello to all!

In SC you have to take the course to qualify for a CWP so SLED should not have to provide anything but the card or at least that would be the thought. When you get your CWP supposedly you should already know all the laws if your instructor did his job.

I just received my concealed weapons permit yesterday after waiting 64 days from the day I mailed it. State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) sends you the permit and that is all. I thought a form letter might be included.

Good to know. My wife is on day number 24 and Im on day 15 (sent both apps the same day with the same postage and 9 days later find mine in my mailbox with a note that I needed an extra stamp!)

Ive heard they are taking less than the 90 days lately.

Last I heard they were doing pretty good and well within 90 days... but then now we got the holidays, so that adds something to it. I found it quit interesting that all you get is an envelope with your name and address on it and the card inside... nothing else. I think every other state I've gotten a permit from had some kind of form letter as well as a few pages of rules and regs included....

Hoping to go for my course next month!
Can anyone lay out the costs from the class to filing to ammunition or whatever is needed?

Hoping to go for my course next month!
Can anyone lay out the costs from the class to filing to ammunition or whatever is needed?

I work part time at Shooter's Choice in West Columbia, SC. and we charge 65.00 for the course. We offer2-3 classes a month, a full 8 hour class on Saturdays(8AM-5PM) and a 4 hour class on Monday/Tuesday class(530PM-930PM). The course is taught by 2 retired SC State Troopers and both are well versed in the laws and rules of concealed carry. Ammo ranges from 12.00 to 26.00 a box depending upon the caliber you're shooting, if you don't have a weapon, you can use one of the shop's providing that you buy and shoot our ammo, or if you're using your own weapon you can bring ammo or buy ours.You're going to shoot 100 rounds, 50 for pratice and 50 to qualify, you have to hit 35 out of 50 to pass. I'll list more details later if requested. (Call for availablity 803 791-5498) No website available.

Ya'll came see us sometime. We have a indoor pistol/rifle range.

PS. I'm also new to this site and also found it by accident. Nice site with lots of info and I have already passed it on to some fellow shooters. Z

Last edited:
South Carolina has gotten better in the past few years, expanding the number of states' permits it recognizes from nine to the current sixteen. Maybe next, SLED could work on recognizing nonresident permits, because as it now stands, anyone not residing in any of the sixteen states with which SC has reciprocity is screwed unless they remain in their vehicles.

I paid $80 for my course in Greenville, that included the State/Fed Fees. Most Classess run $50 and up. Be careful to ask if the price includeds the State/Fed Fee of $50. otherwise you have to pay.

My class like many was an all inclusive one. They covered photos, range, fees, finger prints, forms, and they mailed every thing for you. I personally would not do it any other way.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back