having ammo in a car in florida

tell you what park your SUV at the local school and leave a box of ammo (factory labeled) on the dash and see what happens.....

The whole school would probably go into lockdown, swat teams called from a couple different counties, and if they couldn't find the owner to throw him on the ground, handcuff and search him at gunpoint and the vehicle, they would probably break a window to gain entry to search it. Then the media would paint the owner as some kind of dangerous gun nut. That still does not change the fact that there is nothing illegal about it and you have yet to post any facts that support your claim that it is ILLEGAL.

You do not seem capable of understanding the difference between government overreaction and what is legal/illegal.

I'm just glad I live in Washington where I don't get a second look while open carrying a loaded firearm when dropping off or picking up my daughter. And yes, I do get out of the vehicle because she is old enough to drive and I am usually a passenger either coming or leaving. Now that Marysville has happened, maybe the "resource officer" will ask to see my CPL.

you see it is Florida law...not common sense...remember there were two countys with 100% voter accountability for democrat last election

Almost every school zone is a weapons free zone...with zero tolerance for all weapons and ammunition. This carries into city ordinance as well and since ammunition is not a gun, they can set the tone for the law based on the whims of the hand wringing hoplophobic ninnies

There are no city ordinances that pertain to hand gun laws..we have pre-emption. Only the state can write laws or ordinances on guns. Second, loaded guns are allowed on University campuses in the car.

Let me help you with those two...
1-Pre-emption
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ring&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.33.html
2-Guns on campus
https://www.floridacarry.org/litiga...arry-sues-over-university-parking-lot-gun-ban

Look up the law i cited early on in this thread...the florida legislature really f ed up the school and sirport parts of the law...yes the is a preemption law, but the whiny hand wringing self righteous dogooders hot their way pertaining to school property, airport buildings and aerospace/defense contractors

That advice pretty much ends most of your future posts. Seems you didn't know the law in FL on a number of things... especially removing people by force from private property. I had to show it to you. I can link to it if you forgot. So take your own advice and don't worry about me.
How about this... you want to to search my car? OK, I quit. Shove your job in you rear. I get in my car and leave. Interfere... go ahead. I dare you.
In 790.251 the person conducting the search is only immune from liability under P7 pursuant to P4. But reread paragraph 5(b) - The immunity provided in this subsection does not apply to civil actions based on actions or inactions of public or private employers that are unrelated to compliance with this section. So what does a private employer do when I resist and leave? Physically restrain me? Assault me? Who wants to reach-out and grab me? Who's first? Good luck. Your getting sued and you have no protection or immunity. 790.251 doesn't grant some schmucko the right to assault an employee or former employee. And that's where I send your lawyer blind on paperwork at $400 per hour. And God forbid you lose in that civil suit? I'm moving against your personal and real property. Aggressively I might add. The best you can do is call LE and tell them I left.
And what the hell kind of state has such a law allowing anyone to search you? That ass-backward state is trying an end-run around the 4th amendment. NYS has no such provisions for employers, including government contractors. No one can legally search. I forgot, you live in a gun-friendly state and I live in that horrible restrictive state.

Sorry BC1 but there are places that you can have your vehicle searched in NYS. Post Office parking lot, nuke facility parking lot, school gun free zones, anywhere in the Communist city of NYC. You forget that Federal Laws cover most of those and not your state or local ones. Schools have sort of an out in that if you meet the Federal exception by having a background check before a CCW permit/license is issued, the Feds bow to the State law allowing guns in the areas. But only if you have a permit/license issued by that state where the school is. Even if the State you are in accepts the State you are from's permit, you are still in violation of Federal Law. Courts have already ruled on the parking lot at a PO. Park on the street, ok. Park in the lot of the PO, they have the right to have law enforcement search your vehicle. Park in the fenced in area of a PO and a PO inspector has the right to search it for firearms or ammo.

And festus, it is the Fed laws that cover those exceptions to 790. Florida just backs them in written form. Other states may not have them in their laws but they are there in Fed law just the same.

Sorry BC1 but there are places that you can have your vehicle searched in NYS. Post Office parking lot, nuke facility parking lot, school gun free zones, anywhere in the Communist city of NYC. You forget that Federal Laws cover most of those and not your state or local ones. Schools have sort of an out in that if you meet the Federal exception by having a background check before a CCW permit/license is issued, the Feds bow to the State law allowing guns in the areas. But only if you have a permit/license issued by that state where the school is. Even if the State you are in accepts the State you are from's permit, you are still in violation of Federal Law. Courts have already ruled on the parking lot at a PO. Park on the street, ok. Park in the lot of the PO, they have the right to have law enforcement search your vehicle. Park in the fenced in area of a PO and a PO inspector has the right to search it for firearms or ammo.

And festus, it is the Fed laws that cover those exceptions to 790. Florida just backs them in written form. Other states may not have them in their laws but they are there in Fed law just the same.
Dead wrong on NY law. You'll need to cite fed law. I don't believe the postal inspector may violate anyone's fourth amendment right. Better yet, anything seized as the result of a warrantless search may not be admissible. And I know 100% that no school may search my car at any time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back