Has any past President ccw while in office?

Just wondering...I am watching a movie called vantage point, (i'm bored) and there is a gunman who storms into a hotel room that the President is in. Naturally everybody is shot, except the pres. I was just wondering if a sitting President was ever known to carry his own protection? Or is this not allowed?

Think about what you asked and check the names on the constitution and the 2nd amendment and I think you can answer your own genius question troll

I don't know for sure, but it would highly surprise me if Teddy Roosevelt didn't carry, at least on occasion.
Also, consider what Mack mentioned. Of course back then, there was nothing wrong with carrying. The stigma against carrying a weapon was brought on by more "civilized" generations.

Mack why would you label the OP as a troll?

I don't know for sure, but it would highly surprise me if Teddy Roosevelt didn't carry, at least on occasion.
Also, consider what Mack mentioned. Of course back then, there was nothing wrong with carrying. The stigma against carrying a weapon was brought on by more "civilized" generations.

Mack why would you label the OP as a troll?
Some of the newer keyboards must come with a Troll key...

Just wondering...I am watching a movie called vantage point, (i'm bored) and there is a gunman who storms into a hotel room that the President is in. Naturally everybody is shot, except the pres. I was just wondering if a sitting President was ever known to carry his own protection? Or is this not allowed?

I'm not sure why it would not be allowed...

Quick Google search showed many carried, Reagan being the last supposedly. I wouldn't be surprised if GWB carried though.

Under the second amendment to the U.S. Constitution eveyone who is a U.S Citizen can carry anywhere any time in this country, only the loser commie don't like it.

Going way back, Andrew Jackson beat an assassin badly with his cane after the fellow took a shot at him. I wouldn't be surprised if a good number of the early Presidents were armed in some manner.

Mack there have been a lot of men in office since the 2nd was signed. I don't understand your logic. With your whopping post count of 11, I will disreguard the troll comment as ignorance. FWIW I was more refering to the past 50-75 years. I guess I should have been more clear on that. Thanks for the friendly response.

It was a known fact that Teddy Roosevelt carried a Colt 32 Auto in his waistband under his vest while out. In the Whitehouse as well as his personal residence, he also had a loaded double barrel 10 gauge in the corner of his bedroom. Nancy Reagan wrote and stated in an interview that she and Ronald Reagan both had small pistols under their pillows. She did not specify, but a later retired Secret Service agent said that they were both Walther 380's. No model specified. Harry Truman had a military 1911 he carried in WWI, he kept by his bedside in a box he made for it that housed the gun and a spare mag. It was known that George W. Bush carried some form of pocket revolver while working and driving around on his ranch, supposedly a nickled Colt Detective Special in his back pocket that his Dad "HW" gave to him. I don't know if he carried a firearm in his daily routine, but Bush was known to always carry a Surefire E2 Executive Light and a "good pocket knife". He had two specific Case Knives he carried. A "Trapper" for dress, and a "Folding Hunter", at other times. These are just some of the ones that I have read about in gun mags and such over the years.

Not an American president, but Winston Churchill was reputably reported to have been armed all the time for all of his adult life.

It was a known fact that Teddy Roosevelt carried a Colt 32 Auto in his waistband under his vest while out. In the Whitehouse as well as his personal residence, he also had a loaded double barrel 10 gauge in the corner of his bedroom. Nancy Reagan wrote and stated in an interview that she and Ronald Reagan both had small pistols under their pillows. She did not specify, but a later retired Secret Service agent said that they were both Walther 380's. No model specified. Harry Truman had a military 1911 he carried in WWI, he kept by his bedside in a box he made for it that housed the gun and a spare mag. It was known that George W. Bush carried some form of pocket revolver while working and driving around on his ranch, supposedly a nickled Colt Detective Special in his back pocket that his Dad "HW" gave to him. I don't know if he carried a firearm in his daily routine, but Bush was known to always carry a Surefire E2 Executive Light and a "good pocket knife". He had two specific Case Knives he carried. A "Trapper" for dress, and a "Folding Hunter", at other times. These are just some of the ones that I have read about in gun mags and such over the years.

This is the kind of INTELLIGENT response I hoped to get, also thanks to fuhr52, MI.45, kerb, cluznar, firefighterchen, Nightmare45...and any one else who added something interesting to my post!

Can you source any of that? That all sounds right for what I know about these presidents, but it would be nice to have a solid citation. Thanks!

As head of the military and the highest position of the Executive Branch of government, YES he can.

As to your other question about if any current/former Presidents have, I am not sure. It wouldn't surprise me if some of them have. Some that are coming to mind recently would be likely to do so are George H. W. Bush (he was head of the CIA at one point) and Ronald Reagan. It also wouldn't surprise if his son George W. Bush carried too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back