Handgun satisfaction

Which is more enjoyable for you to look at, fondle, shoot and clean

• Total voters
I voted pistol. I like the shorter trigger pull and the fact that the slide absorbs part of the recoil.

I enjoy shooting either, but I shoot a revolver better. Large hands do well with a long DA trigger pull.

There's just something about revolvers I love, seen Dirty Harry too many times or something... IDK.

I perfer a semi-auto pistol. I can fire 18 shots, drop a mag and stick in another and fire 17 more in a very short time, if needed. A revolver is just not for me. I gave up playing cowboys at 10 years old.

Can't decide ~ both, I guess.

CCW is Ruger LCP pistol or Ruger SP101 revolver. Depends on mood and clothing.

For the range, like the Ruger Mark III Stainless Standard .22.

I find it difficult to believe that so many people don't know that all handguns are pistols and are divided into the major subcategories of revolvers and semi-auto.

To the question, I own both but prefer a semi-auto for a couple of reasons; they are more accurate than revolvers, the average lifespan of a revolver is 50-55,000 rounds compared to 300-400,000 rounds for a semi-auto like a Glock and a lot of the recoil on a semi-auto is taken up by the recoil spring whereas all the recoil from a revolver goes straight to a shooter.

But, to each his own. Shoot and enjoy.

Pistol or Revolver

I have an old revolver that I carry once in a while just for old times BUT I also LOVE my semi auto just alittle more as when I go to the major cities in my state I just feel more safe with the extra ammo and slimness of it . I love to show and talk about the pistol to my family and have gotten some of my family members to buy semi auto pistols and they are glad they did now so it is a great gun and it shows in sales .

I couldn't vote because the question was poor. If it was just shoot, look at and fondle I would say it was a tie. Maybe a slight edge to a semi. Then the part of cleaning came up. Soo much easier cleaning a wheel gun. :)

Revolver's easier to clean. Pistol for everything else, though I do enjoy fondling the revolvers every now and then. :biggrin:

No opinion. I don't own a revolver but I figure it's like any other tool, you need the right one for the job.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back