Had to draw my weapon for the first time (on three attackers)

kingofthedemo

I just wanted to share this situation that I found myself in recently, that only reaffirms my beliefs in our right to bear arms and my gratefulness for it!

Long story short: I was visiting my business partner, and friend in Arkansas for business, and I was staying at his house for the weekend. I had recently purchased a set of coilovers to install on my car, and I brought them with me to visit my friend because, he told me that I could have them installed by a neighbor of his- who did mechanic jobs on the side for a discount (when compared to most shops prices). I thought that sounded like a productive decision- to get work done on my car, while I worked with my partner with our online businesses. It seemed like the perfect situation because my friend/business partner had a barn on his property that was retrofitted into a mechanics shop, so his neighbor could do the work to my car (on my friends property) while we handled our business.

The mechanic told me that he finished the job, I asked him If I could drive the car around the block to make sure that the coilovers were adjusted properly. Upon driving the car it was clear that he did not install the coilovers properly, my front end was literally burning rubber, because he lowered the front end so much that the front tires were rubbing the fender wells , to the point of burning rubber, and bending the inside fender lip, in addition to this, he raised the rear end higher than stock. My car wasn't even drivable, so I gave him half of our agreed amount for the job, and I asked him to return the next day and adjust the coilovers, so that it would be drivable, at which time I would pay him the other half, he wasn't happy about this.

The next day he returned demanding more money and expressing that he felt like he ''did enough work already'' and that he would not do anymore work on my car, yet he demanded more money, I expressed that I could not pay him more money unless he finished the job, at which time he became irate, and he started yelling that: ''I didn't know who I was ******* with'' then he put his hands on me, I restrained him and took him outside the house in a hold, I then asked hime to leave.

He returned about ten minutes later with a crowbar, he entered my friends property, through the gate and was approaching my BMW, with the crowbar in hand, I walked towards him and asked him what he was doing, as he aproached my car, he explained: ''I'm going to take what you owe me'' I asked him to drop the weapon, he aproached me, at that time, with a crazy look in his eye. I then ran towards my car behind me, and retrieved my kimber, I spun around and asked him top stop approaching me, he froze, at this time two of his relatives (who he had called to back him up, minutes before, {that lived in the area**) showed up screaming profanities, and provoking me, I was able to hold them off until the cops came, I ran inside and called 911, it took the police 30 minutes to arrive, if it wouldn't have been for my pistol I would have been attacked by all three of them, I later found out that one of them was an ex-con with a long record for violence including assault against cops, I'm just so thankful I had my gun I truly feared for my life!

If you had to shoot, the jury might ask "If you were able to get into your car to get a gun, why didn't you just drive away instead?"

First, I'd ask your "friend" where he got his skills in judging people. This is a person he recommends to you to work on your car in his garage?

But, anyway, this sounds a lot like one of those letters to Playboy where you think "yeah, right".

If you had to shoot, the jury might ask "If you were able to get into your car to get a gun, why didn't you just drive away instead?"

Well first of all I didn't shoot. My car was in a barn at the time, I would have, had to back out with the assailant behind me,and my car was mechanically compromised.

First, I'd ask your "friend" where he got his skills in judging people. This is a person he recommends to you to work on your car in his garage?.

Yeah tell me about it, long story short, he thought that he was just ''another good old boy ''in the country and he had obviously never had a payment dispute with him previously!

It sounds like you handled the situation well, but feel you would be much better served with the gun on your person. Glad you didn't have to shoot them, could have really made your luck go south as it would any of us in that situation.

Obviously they didn't attack once you got out the 'equalizer' but how did their demeanor change? Were they still tough guys or did they become very fearful of their lives and back down?

Also are you doubting the authenticity of my account? IF SO, MAY I ASK WHY?

Well, let's just say we people that carry all HOPE that we will be able to thwart an attack simply by displaying a firearm but that's a risky proposition. Personally I am not doubting your story for what it's worth.

He returned about ten minutes later with a crowbar, he entered my friends property, through the gate and was approaching my BMW, with the crowbar in hand, I walked towards him and asked him what he was doing, as he aproached my car, he explained: ''I'm going to take what you owe me'' I asked him to drop the weapon, he aproached me, at that time, with a crazy look in his eye. I then ran towards my car behind me, and retrieved my kimber, I spun around and asked him top stop approaching me, he froze,

People post stories here all day long about how a bad guy can get to you before you can unholster and we're supposed to believe you beat the guy to your car, opened it, got your gun and were able to throw down on him before he closed the distance on you?

Also are you doubting the authenticity of my account? IF SO, MAY I ASK WHY?

Why yes, yes I am

It sounds like you handled the situation well, but feel you would be much better served with the gun on your person. Glad you didn't have to shoot them, could have really made your luck go south as it would any of us in that situation.

Obviously they didn't attack once you got out the 'equalizer' but how did their demeanor change? Were they still tough guys or did they become very fearful of their lives and back down?

Would have been bad yes . That's if this story is legit . If he did have to shot a weapon could be a bat or anything so if he came closer and didn't stop went to hit the op. the op then shot him it's clear self defense . He had to put him on a head lock to drag him outside to leave . Then he came back .

Being truth is often stranger than fiction I have no trouble believing the OP's account of the incident. OP I sincerely hope you take the lesson learned to heart and keep your Kimber on your person from now on.

Wow, what a situation and I glad it came out ok. I used to be a mechanic and did work on my own when I was out of work. Luckily I don't screw up and I didn't take on jobs that required "modifications." Still I'll owe up to any screwups I did so that mechanic is wrong and needed to fix his screwups without any futher compensations.

Well first of all I didn't shoot. My car was in a barn at the time, I would have, had to back out with the assailant behind me,and my car was mechanically compromised.

Well I didnt say you shot him, I said "if". Im not saying you did anything wrong. Im just pointing out that the jury would definitely question why you didnt try other things before going to your gun for deadly force. Something to think about

You did the right thing and I'm glad you're okay. The guy obviously took on a job that was way over his head and being that it was a beemer, he probably thought you had disposable income. He's lucky you didn't dispose of him!!

Arkansas strange

Ya'll did read the part about him being in Arkansas right?
Having moved here 3 years ago, I have no problem believing his story. The wild and weird do seem to crop up here pretty often!
The stories I hear around here are not as strange as the things I've seen!:agree:

Last edited:
People post stories here all day long about how a bad guy can get to you before you can unholster and we're supposed to believe you beat the guy to your car, opened it, got your gun and were able to throw down on him before he closed the distance on you?

Why yes, yes I am

First of all I can't imagine the kind of loser who would come on here and make a story up just for attention, but I'm sure it happens. If you don't believe my story thats fine it makes no difference to me, I was simply sharing my account of what happened, you asked how I was able to grab my pistol (that was in the trunk) in my car behind me as he was approaching me, well I simply sprinted towards my trunk, opened my trunk with my key less remote, and grabbed my pistol, then I quickly turned around, I did all of that in a matter of seconds, I guess he was just surprised by this, I just thank god I was able to get my gun in time!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back