Had permit taken from my desk

joeyb1957

I had someone steal or taken the concealed weapon permit out out my desk, I do not know if it has been days or months. I do not remember my number or when I have to renew it again can someone guide me in the right direction I feel like an idoit.
I am a newbie here so be gental
Joe

As shocked as I am for not having your permit on your person, I'll try to be gentle. Contact the agency that issues your permit. Explain to them, as humbling as it will be, what happened and hopefully they will issue you a new one.

I'm not sure where you are from, but if I'm CCing in my state (PA) and do not have my license on me, I am breaking the law. Check into that for your state.

I have to ask. This "desk" you speak of, is this at work? And if so, why wasn't your permit in your wallet on your person at the time? If it was at home, what type of people do you live with that would steal from you?

As shocked as I am for not having your permit on your person, I'll try to be gentle. Contact the agency that issues your permit. Explain to them, as humbling as it will be, what happened and hopefully they will issue you a new one.

I'm not sure where you are from, but if I'm CCing in my state (PA) and do not have my license on me, I am breaking the law. Check into that for your state.

I have to ask. This "desk" you speak of, is this at work? And if so, why wasn't your permit in your wallet on your person at the time? If it was at home, what type of people do you live with that would steal from you?

^^^Yep, I could not have said it any better.^^^

In most states you will just have to pay an administrative fee to get it reissued. In Utah if you are concealed carrying without your permit on your person you are in violation of the law. In the desk won't cut it unless you are sitting at your desk. I suggest that you don't tell them it may have been missing for any amount of time. Just say you lost it and need a new one. Giving out too much information never helps and may hurt.

I think it goes without saying that all will be amazed that you didn't have it on your person at all times, even when not carrying as most states require that you be in possession when carrying.
~
That said the only way you will get it replaced will be to contact the issuing authority and arrange for a replacement due to yours being lost. Make sure they are aware that it may be in the hands of someone else to reduce your future liability.

Where is your license, sir?

I think it goes without saying that all will be amazed that you didn't have it on your person at all times, even when not carrying as most states require that you be in possession when carrying.
~
By carrying it with you all the time you just can't forget it somewhere or have it stolen from you, right.
~
That said the only way you will get it replaced will be to contact the issuing authority and arrange for a replacement due to yours being lost. Make sure they are aware that it may be in the hands of someone else to reduce your future liability.

How are you supposed to show your CCW permit to a police officer during a traffic stop to prove you are a good guy if you don't have it with you?

That was 100% sarcasm.

What he said. I will try to be gentle. You said, "I feel like an idiot", Do you know where your gun is?

Agree completely. No reason to beat you up any further.

Call your law enforcement office that issued the permit, with all of your information than after that, come on down to the depot. Ill teach you how to not loose or misplace a thing anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back