Gunsmoke

Hey desert eagle, thanks about 5280, I picked up a .308, rails and mounts yesterday. I don't think I will go anywhere else anymore. That place was great.

Hey desert eagle, thanks about 5280, I picked up a .308, rails and mounts yesterday. I don't think I will go anywhere else anymore. That place was great.

Only thing I dont like are their hours. I should stop by there soon and check out their selection though so thanks for reminding me lol

On the brighter side if there hours, I think they are the only shop in town that is not a sporting good store that is open on sundays

I was gonna go talk to them about a lever action i own and after talking to several people (some who know them quite well) and hearing what they had to say about Gunsmoke I chose to not do business with them and went to The Gun Room. From the few shows that I could actually stand to sit through they are arrogant and unsafe. If Rich talked to me or some people I know the way he does some of the people he buys from on the show he would be leaving with a firearm, in a very uncomfortable cavity of his body.

Just caught the tail end of the show where they were building a titanium Thompson. Supposedly they milled the receiver on site but when the son started his engraving process you could clearly see the word "Thompson" rolled into the receiver. Hate reality TV... Too much flash... Wonder how much they actually machine and build in house.

5280 is great!

Went to 5280 after reading about it on this forum, it's probably the best gun shop I've been to. Staff is very helpful and kind. It's located on Marshall St and 54th.

Agree with people on Gunsmoke- very snobby store, catering to the high-rollers.

Went to 5280 after reading about it on this forum, it's probably the best gun shop I've been to. Staff is very helpful and kind. It's located on Marshall St and 54th.

Agree with people on Gunsmoke- very snobby store, catering to the high-rollers.

It is a nice store. My issue with them is that, unless policy has changed, they do not allow carry in their store.

I agree with everyone, gunsmoke is overpriced and seem VERY rude on tv let alone in person don't plan on ever stepping foot into that store.

maybe i am out of touch w/reality but the prices they charge on their show are ridiculous. but i am a minimalist and just don't get shiny guns. if it goes bang reliably then i am good to go. imo, both gunsmoke and sons of guns are not worth watching....too much bs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back